[Game Update] - (BETA) 195879

• Developer
  • Added new battle music for Bee Queen.
  • Beekeeper Hat now works against Bee Queen attacks.
  • Increased durability of Beekeeper Hat.
  • Reduced attack range of Bees and Mosquitos.
  • Adjusted Royal Jelly food values.
  • Eating multiple Jellybeans will now extend the duration of its effects with diminishing returns.
  • Jellybeans no longer spoil.
  • Icons for food items that do not spoil (such as candy) will now always have a full green background.
  • Note for modders: stewer component now supports products that do not perish (set the food’s perishtime to nil).
  • Opal Staff placed in the Moon Stone will properly give off a sanity aura.
  • Hammering a Wood Gate will now return correct resources.
  • Increased priority and reduced range on using spacebar to open Gates.
  • Fixed action string for closing Gates.
  • Fixed targeting issues when using a controller.
  • Fixed crash sometimes when a Player dies with the Jellybean buff still active.
  • Fixed crash when decorating the End Table with a Lesser Glow Berry.

View full update

• Like 15

How about if gates opened and closed automatically when you're goings through them? Saves all the hassle of clicking just to open and close them whilst always keeping mobs inside... Inside!

Also the orientation display is weird and doesn't work properly, could you fix that please? Am still waiting for pengull fixing though! If not during then after ANR has been fully released.

53 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Reduced attack range of Bees and Mosquitos.

I'd love to know the reasoning of this change, I always thought they had fair attack ranges? But it is your game so I shall respect this change you've made.

Still waiting on the bee keeper hat to prevent bee stun locking...IT'S A FREAKING BEE!

Edited by GiddyGuy
  • Like 2

• Developer
37 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I'd love to know the reasoning of this change, I always thought they had fair attack ranges? But it is your game so I shall respect this change you've made.

The animation did not match the range, and with network latency on top of that, was easily perceived as a bug.

7 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

It appears there was a hotfix for the bee queen just now.

There was a minor fix to the Bee Queen's targeting logic.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, V2C said:

Icons for food items that do not spoil (such as candy) will now always have a full green background.

Deerclops Eyeball, Guardian's Horn, Mandrake, Cooked Mandrake, Phlegm, Tallbird Egg, Hatching Tallbird Egg and Rotten Egg are missing the green background (Rotten Egg should probably have a grey background like Rot).

Also, since we can now change the Friendly Scarecrow's clothes, can the head slot be used to change his head skin instead of having a random one every day? I think it would make more sense this way.

• Like 3

Wait... What was the point of introducing green bar for items that do not spoil? Is it so that they could spoil if brough with to toadstool fight and so that they could then rot if in the spore clouds? Or are they unaffected? If they are unaffected still, what's the point? It'll just confuse people about the things that rot and the things that don't.

Side note, ham bat can be placed in ice box, but why can't a pretty parasol, a garland or a floral shirt be placed inside it? Overlook?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Wait... What was the point of introducing green bar for items that do not spoil? Is it so that they could spoil if brough with to toadstool fight and so that they could then rot if in the spore clouds? Or are they unaffected? If they are unaffected still, what's the point? It'll just confuse people about the things that rot and the things that don't.

Side note, ham bat can be placed in ice box, but why can't a pretty parasol, a garland or a floral shirt be placed inside it? Overlook?

i actually agree about the adding of the green background being unecessary and confusing.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Not to mention Fashion Melons and Funcaps, and I probably missed a few.

I suppose the reasoning behind not implementing this is that since they're pieces of clothing, you should always be wearing them anyways. It would be nice if you could put them in fridges, though, just so that it matches with the ham bat mechanics.

2 hours ago, FloomRide said:

Not to mention Fashion Melons and Funcaps, and I probably missed a few.

I suppose the reasoning behind not implementing this is that since they're pieces of clothing, you should always be wearing them anyways. It would be nice if you could put them in fridges, though, just so that it matches with the ham bat mechanics.

At least these made out of actual food items that are meant to be food(So Funcaps, Fashion Melon, Floral Shirt)

• Like 1