Don't starve, DST VS Stardew Valley

Okay I'm not going to be comparing the two game that does not have there nothing more I would like that the klei joined the DS and DST, because then it will first I would like to see the klei join the ds and dst for separate games we can see that in the game the ds seems to have fewer people in the sti of course has more because it is a multiplayer that dlc of the castaways pro ds in comparison to the first dlc sold less because ? the staff migrated to the dst because they think that they want the dlc? besides being free for that the key has been distributed to all I've seen people asking why I buy the ds or dst, and the people respond by purchasing the sti that already comes with the dlc of the giants and the multiplayer pro single you "innovated" with the dlc adding some skins on things and adding new things, the more the number of players and less now comes in stardew valley, a single daily has 6,710 to 13,026 in the game every day to put that together the dst with the ds you were going to attract the audience of the ds and dst does not separate them, I see the ds as a path is lost because every day only has 1,876 in the game and sad to see such a good game to lose as little beyond they are switching to dst in which everything and free constant updates two dlc's of grace, and sad to see the ds abandoned when the major focus of the klei changed for dst, and if you could join could focus on two and not only once in the ds and another on the dst could focus on both at the same time, right content free and hard

No.

Dude it's been years of work on DST. Before SW happened, DST started being worked on. They're not a huge team and SW is a broken buggy mess in 100 different ways. 

A game dies off eventually, yes. Will it stay dead? No, as long as something comes back to it. SW brought a lot of people in and back, but being...well, less well recieved than RoG by many(don'tbashswdon'tbashswdon'tbashswdon'tbashsw), a good chunk of the people it brought in/back ended up going away.

And do not compare it to SDV. They're both great games, but their focus is on entirely different things. That would be like me comparing Terraria to Don't Starve. There's some similarities, but they're majorly different in so many ways.

I'd like to think of DST as the sequel to DS... that's why most things from DST aren't in DS... because story-wise, they came after Charlie took over the throne... DS' adventure mode was where you had to "defeat" Maxwell and "escape"... now, Maxwell's one of the survivors... and things have changed... And Shipwrecked is just one of many instances of their multi-verse... where hopefully, soon catches up to the New Reign Timeline...

58 minutes ago, CaptainFun said:

SDV isn't 3 years old like the original Don't Starve is, and it just got its first major update. Even if it was I'm not sure why you're comparing them. 

It was in development for a few years but this is a very valid point. It's still enjoying its time in/around the spotlights, when DS for the most part left it.

They're both really different games and I'd consider it strange to compare the two gameplay-wise(That's just me, but people can compare them if they want). They may both have farming, but they both handle it differently that one could argue that there is a world of difference between the two games. One game is more focused on survival and has a bigger focus on fighting abominations (Making bases also counts in DST), the other is about taking care of a farm and socializing with the locals in an Animal Crossing-esque fashion with some fighting on the side (Optional in Stardew Valley's case).

I'd also like to point out that it must be really hard for Klei to put their focus onto multiple games and projects while attempting to please everyone. ConcernedApe is currently working on updating one game by himself (To my knowledge, and I consider that kind of impressive. The multiplayer portion is being handled by Chucklefish.), while everyone at Klei are working on Hot Lava, Oxygen Not Included, Don't Starve for Android, minor bug fixes for Don't Starve and big updates for DST.

8 hours ago, Marxlol said:

and if you could join could focus on two and not only once in the ds and another on the dst could focus on both at the same time, right content free and hard

I'd really think it would be hard for the people at Klei to do that at this point in time.

14 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

So what this guy is trying to say, is that we should be able to seduce Wilson into becoming our waifu...or Wolfgang, he would make a great waifu, he acts so cute. ;)

Don't starve dating sim, when?

SOMEONE NEEDS TO MAKE A MOD ON THIS!

I um after reading the orgin post for while I play both and I like both for there own reasons. The only thing i wished was DST content in DS but there be no point to go to DST if that happened. To me I focused playing DS and then play DST as a party game where we could all die as a family.

4 hours ago, Ninjanemo said:

4 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

So what this guy is trying to say, is that we should be able to seduce Wilson into becoming our waifu...or Wolfgang, he would make a great waifu, he acts so cute. ;)

and for the record everyone is my waifu except Wison can sit in the corner and grow a more robust personalty until my prejudice goes away. so in conclusion WILSON SUCKS COME AT ME

Spoiler

67686529.jpg

I always though that DST is the evolution of the game itself, when it came in 2013 was like an interesting concept but nothing more, a flawed and incompleted game, this was fixed with RoG, but since the multiplayer came the game got better than ever, and no just because it includes RoG or the multiplayer itself, I mean the bug fixes, the lore, the mechanics and the constant polish of them, the community, and the updates that keeps this little world growing. I would like just one game instead of two but thats the way the devs chose, is something like a DS2, yes is a bit sad what happened with the single player, but I'm happy to see how this game and the general concept of it gets better and better, remembering how it started and how great is now.

4 hours ago, Rily said:

but since the multiplayer came the game got better than ever

Not all agree...

I always prefered single player games than multi-players, when I heard DST was coming out I was hoping it wouldn't ruin DS, but... yep it did, Klei doesn't care anymore about DS anymore, so I play DST only as a "hardmode" solo DS, because no one joins my server anyways, why bother anymore? I can't find any fun with other people on DST, because I can't find people, I try to play on other servers usually they are incredibly rude and judgemental, so DUCK that.

6 hours ago, Rily said:

I always though that DST is the evolution of the game itself, when it came in 2013 was like an interesting concept but nothing more, a flawed and incompleted game, this was fixed with RoG, but since the multiplayer came the game got better than ever, and no just because it includes RoG or the multiplayer itself, I mean the bug fixes, the lore, the mechanics and the constant polish of them, the community, and the updates that keeps this little world growing. I would like just one game instead of two but thats the way the devs chose, is something like a DS2, yes is a bit sad what happened with the single player, but I'm happy to see how this game and the general concept of it gets better and better, remembering how it started and how great is now.

I did feel like its a sequel and I think that's how it should feel. However, I can't say I fully accept the transition, mainly because even playing solo feels wonky(Lag mainly, with caves. Without caves game runs pretty well though save for how multiplayer games always can go bad if you're not the host) and a lot of differences between the 2 that I don't really like.

11 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

They're both really different games and I'd consider it strange to compare the two gameplay-wise(That's just me, but people can compare them if they want). They may both have farming, but they both handle it differently that one could argue that there is a world of difference between the two games. One game is more focused on survival and has a bigger focus on fighting abominations (Making bases also counts in DST), the other is about taking care of a farm and socializing with the locals in an Animal Crossing-esque fashion with some fighting on the side (Optional in Stardew Valley's case).

I'd also like to point out that it must be really hard for Klei to put their focus onto multiple games and projects while attempting to please everyone. ConcernedApe is currently working on updating one game by himself (To my knowledge, and I consider that kind of impressive. The multiplayer portion is being handled by Chucklefish.), while everyone at Klei are working on Hot Lava, Oxygen Not Included, Don't Starve for Android, minor bug fixes for Don't Starve and big updates for DST.

I'd really think it would be hard for the people at Klei to do that at this point in time.

I agree. SDV and DS both become about basebuilding at the end of it all, and some smaller similarities, but that's about all of it. And SDV's base building is really just beefing up your farm and making your house fancier, when in DS it's toying around to make the entire world your base.

9 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

There's actually a wigfrid dating sim.

2 hours ago, mathem99 said:

Not all agree...

I always prefered single player games than multi-players, when I heard DST was coming out I was hoping it wouldn't ruin DS, but... yep it did, Klei doesn't care anymore about DS anymore, so I play DST only as a "hardmode" solo DS, because no one joins my server anyways, why bother anymore? I can't find any fun with other people on DST, because I can't find people, I try to play on other servers usually they are incredibly rude and judgemental, so DUCK that.

I don't think it ruined DS. As long as they don't port every single change from DST, and only port back content that would work in singleplayer too(The compass change and cartorgrapher's table for example should not be ported as it'll be useless. Most content though has some use even in Solo). Also I'd enjoy playing with you if you want, kind of in the same boat

2 hours ago, mathem99 said:

Not all agree...

In fact, that could be the biggest problem of the game, I know what you mean, is hard as find a good server to play or meet new friends, there are just a few servers where you can stay and play, the other ones are just servers full of mods that turns the game in other weird thing or as you say, servers full of jerks. This is a design problem, the original formula doesn't work in that way, the poor reward system with the heavy punishment for newbies is not compatible at all with this kind of multiplayer games, I love to play with friends  but even with them their failures are my failures and feels unfair for me meanwhile the reward for playing is keep playing.

I think DST is better because all the new stuff and new mechanics implemented, better than Shipwrecked ones, and I agree with Mr Koala, playing alone with lag is awful :D, nevertheless, a bad multiplayer doesn't ruins the DS concept, the singleplayer have problems that are being fixed in Together and the final result left the original DS one step behind, I hope at least one of the upcoming updates is focused on these problems, not just more moon stuff. 

I never liked the concept of DST being a Standalone, and it having more features than the original game. But I've come to accept it.

Some may have seen my small requests thread, and I still do think that DS is falling behind. I know some things that are new in DST can't work in DS, but I don't mind those. It's just that DS feels abandoned. Sure, it had an update not too long ago, but it doesn't take the feel away.

I know Klei can't do a lot at the same time. So just a confirmation that DS will have some updates will please me. If only small ones.

I will always prefer DS over DST, if only for the feeling of solitude. (And not having to deal with people asking that frickin' same question, every, day.)

On 10/10/2016 at 1:58 PM, GiddyGuy said:

Next Valentines day or riot.

Stardew Valley?  Seriously...I've been known to call Don't Starve "H.P. Lovecraft's Harvest Moon" (Stardew Valley, pff, wannabe newcomer) but I mean THAT as a JOKE!  (Although Sips, in his Let's Play, did IMMEDIATELY go "Gasp!  Is there civilization?  Is this like Harvest Moon?  Can I get married?!"  the second he saw a brick road.  (dies laughing)  I love that THAT is the first thing he thought of.  I kind of did too! Well, not the marriage part, but the "OMG paved road = technology = people!" bit.)

Mod where you seduce people into being your waifu...isn't that kinda like that one where you can "share a tent" and then end up wearing the person's underwear on your head, aka, the What was WRONG With the Person Who Made This?! mod.

And last but not least, YEEEEEEEESSSS to the Together-only stuff porting over to the original Don't Starve!!  I assume Klei is gonna do that eventually...right? At the moment I'd take just bringing over some of the new _mechanics_.  Continuing to gather stuff while your cursor-hand is full when?

...Notorious

I can't understand the original post. From what I can gather, you want multiplayer Stardew Valley... Don't Stardewgether, if you will?

The thing is, Klei is a team and ConcernedApe is one guy. And while Stardew Valley is an absolutely beautiful game with a surprising amount of depth, it's a slow update process because of the dev situation. Stardew Valley, as it stands, is a nice break from DST for me- I get tired of looking at DST's muddy, murky colors after a while and it's nice to take in the clean, bright pixel look and relaxed feel of Stardew Valley. These games are very different, but they complement each other well.

Archived