Warts and All [Game Update] - (BETA 191140)

Ok, can someone please explain what's going on with the salad furnace? Apparently its an easter egg or something...

edit: Also for some reason when I kill canaries they don't go poof like in Shrek, they just die normally.

Edited by NeddoFreddo
  • Like 7

So I just recently got to play the new update (cuz Win10 kicked me in the birchnuts T_T)

I was doing a boss-run... without using console commands... (exploits, maybe, but spawning stuff and god mode-ing, nope...)

WHAT I FOUND (BUGS?):

20160926213150_1.jpg20160926215737_1.jpg

Adventure... (Over-world)

Started strong... graveyard and other resources in close proximity...

20160926213044_1.jpg

Wormhole spawning on a Cave Entrance (BUG?)

20160926213150_1.jpg

PIG-MERM WARS!!

20160926213253_1.jpg

^^ In the middle of the Pig Village!!

20160926214153_1.jpg

^^Outskirts of the Pig Village!!

20160926215317_1.jpg

Found the desert and got ready to fight the Dragonfly

20160926215737_1.jpg

Panflute glitch still works...

20160926220558_1.jpg

Took a while to put her down with just Wendy and Abigail... had actually leave and get some health and came back and the dragonfly was still stuck...

The Hunt for the Toadstool

20160926221838_1.jpg20160926221854_1.jpg

Pig minion that I lost days ago... was apparently stuck here and still loyal? (BUG)

20160926222502_1.jpg

20160926223601_1.jpg

^^ Had to go back up to get Glommer (Full moon)

20160926230710_1.jpg

And I found this hole...

20160926230717_1.jpg

It was/is getting late and I haven't found the Toadstool... but that hole... does anyone know what it is?

nvm

Edited by Asparagus
NVM, found out from the other thread...
  • Like 4

On 9/24/2016 at 9:47 PM, Michi01 said:

This idea probably isn't that good but after I read Wickerbottom's line according to which the toadstool retreats to rehydrate its skin maybe we could throw water balloons at it to extend the fight?

Love the idea :) @Klei pay attention .... This suggestion is awesome :) 

• Like 4

So I still haven't played the new update ... but the reason for that is that I want the updates to pile up and then play . So my main question is , are there going to be bigger (more significant) updates I mean new features/new biome or if the alternative seasons are still a think (it was a really good idea if you ask me) or even a new basic resource with many new items . 

Put it simply I want major changes ... it's beta after all if they are not good you will get our feedback and change them into the right direction . 

Don't get me wrong I like seeing new content , but it's just too small (better than nothing sorry for my complaining) -  In this update I will need to start a new world play 1 year just so I can kill 1 new creature ... with cool drop but when you think about it not useful drop , just cool - isn't it better to just make a lantern and put it at the ground then turn it ON and OFF when you need . Having said that I also think that they will add more items (and more useful ones) that we can make from shroom skin .

While for the dragon fly furnace that is really good I really like it . Now its a lot more worth it to smash that fly . 

I think that there will be bigger updates but after the hmmmm intro . What do you guys think about the updates overall ?

NOTE:I'm writing this without having played the update ... just from wiki/forum information .

• Like 1

I've started a world and am on day 180, have defeated the toadstool and recieved a red funcap and mushlight blueprint, when the funcap spawns a spore, and i try to catch it with a bug net, as soon as i catch it the game crashes, is anyone else having this weirdly specific issue? i have no mods installed

note: i tried c_give("spore_tall",10) and nothing happened, they just aren't spawning at all as hold-able items for some reason, is it  just me this is happening to?

Edited by subdivisions
added more info discovered didn't want to make a new reply
  • Like 2

On 22/9/2016 at 9:27 PM, V2C said:

Added Rare Blueprints to Toadstool

I watched two streams that had people that were going to put mushroom lights on their base, to find out they had to destroy and rebuild (or not) previous structures because there wasn't enough space. Because the min_spacing of these lights are the default one of 3.2.

So, consider using the 1 of treasure chests or the 1.5 of ice boxes for min_spacing? Would be nice for retrofitting the lights in bases.

• Like 11

• Developer
22 hours ago, DarkXero said:

I watched two streams that had people that were going to put mushroom lights on their base, to find out they had to destroy and rebuild (or not) previous structures because there wasn't enough space. Because the min_spacing of these lights are the default one of 3.2.

So, consider using the 1 of treasure chests or the 1.5 of ice boxes for min_spacing? Would be nice for retrofitting the lights in bases.

This will be in the next update.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

This will be in the next update.

I might as well bring something up that has been bothering me:
Walls can be placed close to most structures but the structures usually still need quite some distance from the walls when placed. For example when I had a beefalo pen with a salt lick at the wall I had to hammer the walls and place new ones afterwards every time I wanted to replace the salt lick.

Edited by Michi01

17 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

I might as well bring something up that has been bothering me:
Walls can be placed close to most structures but the structures usually still need quite some distance from the walls. For example when I had a beefalo pen with a salt lick at the wall I had to hammer the walls and place new ones afterwards every time I wanted to replace the salt lick.

The required space on a lot of things needs tweaked. What bothers me the most are signs and chest as well as crockpots and ice boxes. You can only have a sign directly next to a chest if you place the sign first and ice boxes can only be placed directly next to a crockpot if the crockpot was placed first. That, and walls as you've already mentioned.

Edited by Sinister_Fang
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Michi01 said:

Walls can be placed close to most structures but the structures usually still need quite some distance from the walls when placed.

7 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

The required space on a lot of things needs tweaked. What bothers me the most are signs and chest as well as crockpots and ice boxes. You can only have a sign directly next to a chest if you place the sign first and ice boxes can only be placed directly next to a crockpot if the crockpot was placed first.

The topic is pretty old.

But the min_spacing change is just a tweak, changing a number, compared to revising the elementals of deploying a recipe.

Although, really

--Ported from legacy "stupid finalling hack because it's too late to change stuff"
--V2C: is it because we rly should be using Physics radius, but
--     not everything has Physics defined? OH WELL
local RECIPE_PADDING =
{
    treasurechest =
    {
        pond = 1, --1 more spacing when building treasurchest near pond
    },
}

is quite outdated, since there are more than one structure would need the padding, like ice boxes.

And also, you got the other ponds to include, the ones from the marsh and the ones from the ruins.

And also, ponds have a Physics radius of 1.95 units now.

Example of readable code (since the one in thread is broke):

local PHYSICS_MIN_PADDING = 2

function Map:CanDeployRecipeAtPoint(pt, recipe, rot)
	if not self:IsPassableAtPoint(pt:Get()) or
		(recipe.testfn ~= nil and not recipe.testfn(pt, rot)) then
		return false
	end

local min_spacing = recipe.min_spacing or 3.2

local search_radius = (min_spacing < PHYSICS_MIN_PADDING) and (min_spacing + PHYSICS_MIN_PADDING) or min_spacing

local ents = TheSim:FindEntities(pt.x, pt.y, pt.z, search_radius, nil, DEPLOY_IGNORE_TAGS)
	for k, v in pairs(ents) do
		if v.entity:IsValid() and
			v.entity:IsVisible() and
			v.components.placer == nil and
			v.entity:GetParent() == nil then
			local distance_sq = v:GetDistanceSqToPoint(pt:Get())

local v_recipe = GetValidRecipe(v.prefab)

if v_recipe and v_recipe.placer then
				local v_spacing = v_recipe.min_spacing
				local p_spacing = math.min(v_spacing, min_spacing)

if distance_sq < p_spacing * p_spacing then
					return false
				end
			else
				if v:HasTag("wall") then
					if distance_sq < 1 then
						return false
					end
				elseif v:HasTag("portal") then
					-- FindEntities range check is <=, but we want <
					if distance_sq < math.max(DEPLOY_PORTAL_SPACING_SQ, min_spacing * min_spacing) then
						return false
					end
				else
					local v_physics_radius = (v.Physics and v.Physics:GetRadius()) or 0
					local collision_distance = v_physics_radius + min_spacing

if distance_sq < collision_distance * collision_distance then
						return false
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end
	return true
end

This has the same issue pointed out in the thread though.

You can plant, say, a dug_sapling, very close to an alchemy engine, but you can't determine (during deploy time) from a sapling how close the alchemy engine can go. The deployspacing information exists on the plantable prefab, and not in the prefab that spawns after doing the planting. So you would need to put your structures before you put your plantables.

Which isn't so bad, since you only have to dig plantables. You have to hammer and lose resources from structures though.

In any case, this is something to ponder about, for base building.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2016 at 1:07 AM, NeddoFreddo said:

edit: Also for some reason when I kill canaries they don't go poof like in Shrek, they just die normally

My bad, this took too long to respond to, but I swear I saw it happen once. Am I just going crazy here? Feel free to call me out on this. I was insanely sleepy when the update came out. I've also changed the info on the update on my thread to show that. Apologies to everyone I mislead.

Edited by TheKingDedede