Warts and All [Game Update] - (BETA 191140)

• Developer

DSTupdate_wartsandall_sm.png

Changes

• Added the Toadstool boss in the Caves.
  • Added Rare Blueprints to Toadstool and Dragonfly loot tables.
  • Added a craftable Scarecrow and a new species of bird.
  • Lavae spawned by the Dragonfly will now automatically die after a certain time.

Bug Fixes

• Abigail will no longer target entities that are immune to her aura.
  • Fixed bug where Players are sometimes disconnected when travelling to and from the Caves with a Map Scroll in their inventory.

Please note that A New Reign content will now be automatically retrofitted into existing Worlds, but we cannot guarantee that this will be exactly the same as using a new Save Slot to generate a new World.

View full update

• Like 28

• Developer

Sorry for the double post, but I've a question. Was the Scaled Furnace added?

There was no note about it in the OP, and I haven't found any quotes regarding it yet in Maxwell's speech file, unless he simply doesn't have a string for it yet or it's deeper in it and I simply haven't found it yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

There was no note about it in the OP, and I haven't found any quotes regarding it yet in Maxwell's speech file, unless he simply doesn't have a string for it yet or it's deeper in it and I simply haven't found it yet.

Yep, it is a infinite source of light as far as I saw.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Yep :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Yep :) 

Looking at the files... spoilers, of course

Spoiler
  • There's an electric dart now that deals 60 damage (remember, 1.5x multiplier when wet, so 90 damage). Canary feather + 1 gold + 2 reeds. Science Machine.
  • Firepits now block pengull nest ice from spawning within 15 units (a little under 4 tiles)
  • Funcaps (mushroom hats) reduces hunger rate by 25% (multiplies with belt/hibearnation), makes food in your inventory spoil faster, and periodically (1/min) spawn spores based on the type of hat. Recipe: 6 of the right mushroom. Need a special blueprint.
  • Players are now debuffable (seems to only be used by some of the Toadstool special attacks)
  • Scarecrow recipe: pumpkin + 3 boards + 3 grass. Requires a blueprint to be able to make.
  • Scarecrows convert any crows landing in a 3 tile radius to be canaries instead. Canaries and their feathers have been added to the tumbleweed and catcoon tables.
  • Mushlight / Glowcap: 1 shroom skin, 1 fertilizer. Requires a blueprint to be able to make. Mushlight makes white light (takes lightbulbs probably?), glowcap depends on what spores you fuel it with. I don't see anything about fuel running out on its own, so I think it's just based on spoilage.
  • Scaled Furnace: 2 dragon scales, 2 red gems, 10 charcoal. Requires blueprint from killing the dragonfly. Produces light and heat, but doesn't appear to run out of fuel. I see stuff about attaching 2 gems to it before it reaches its final form, but I'm not sure that's all in place yet? I don't see anything for it in the prefab file itself.
  • Toadstool: 156.5k health. yup. Has several tiers (upgrades?) that have different stats, although always 7 range: (damage, period, speed), (100, 3.5, 0.6), (120, 3, 0.8), (150, 2.5, 1.2), (250, 2, 3.2). Like most bosses, deals half damage to players. Also seems to have several other attacks... a bit too much to sort through. I see "mushroombomb" (boomshroom?), "sporebomb", "sporecloud", "mushroomsprout" (sporecap?). I think some of these apply debuffs... like sticky bombs?. Toadstool drops a shroom skin, some meat, frog legs, and mushrooms, and one of the funcap blueprints.
  • Easter egg: c_spawn('saladfurnace')

Sorry, Kris, I didn't have enough time to dedicate to proofreading through all the new strings. But I didn't spot any mistakes in Wigfrid's at least.

Edit: Aw, got ninja'd on a few of these while I was compiling it.

Edited by rezecib
  • Like 17

59 minutes ago, rezecib said:

glowcap depends on what spores you fuel it with

You can fuel it with mushrooms but it needs at least 1 spore to produce light I don't know if this is some kind of bug, using different kind of mushrooms you can change the intensity of the light colour,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rezecib said:

Looking at the files... spoilers, of course

Reveal hidden contents
  • There's an electric dart now that deals 60 damage (remember, 1.5x multiplier when wet, so 90 damage). Canary feather + 1 gold + 2 reeds. Science Machine.
  • Firepits now block pengull nest ice from spawning within 15 units (a little under 4 tiles)
  • Funcaps (mushroom hats) reduces hunger rate by 25% (multiplies with belt/hibearnation), makes food in your inventory spoil faster, and periodically (1/min) spawn spores based on the type of hat. Recipe: 6 of the right mushroom. Need a special blueprint.
  • Players are now debuffable (seems to only be used by some of the Toadstool special attacks)
  • Scarecrow recipe: pumpkin + 3 boards + 3 grass. Requires a blueprint to be able to make.
  • Scarecrows convert any crows landing in a 3 tile radius to be canaries instead. Canaries and their feathers have been added to the tumbleweed and catcoon tables.
  • Mushlight / Glowcap: 1 shroom skin, 1 fertilizer. Requires a blueprint to be able to make. Mushlight makes white light (takes lightbulbs probably?), glowcap depends on what spores you fuel it with. I don't see anything about fuel running out on its own, so I think it's just based on spoilage.
  • Scaled Furnace: 2 dragon scales, 2 red gems, 10 charcoal. Requires blueprint from killing the dragonfly. Produces light and heat, but doesn't appear to run out of fuel. I see stuff about attaching 2 gems to it before it reaches its final form, but I'm not sure that's all in place yet? I don't see anything for it in the prefab file itself.
  • Toadstool: 156.5k health. yup. Has several tiers (upgrades?) that have different stats, although always 7 range: (damage, period, speed), (100, 3.5, 0.6), (120, 3, 0.8), (150, 2.5, 1.2), (250, 2, 3.2). Like most bosses, deals half damage to players. Also seems to have several other attacks... a bit too much to sort through. I see "mushroombomb" (boomshroom?), "sporebomb", "sporecloud", "mushroomsprout" (sporecap?). I think some of these apply debuffs... like sticky bombs?. Toadstool drops a shroom skin, some meat, frog legs, and mushrooms, and one of the funcap blueprints.
  • Easter egg: c_spawn('saladfurnace')

Sorry, Kris, I didn't have enough time to dedicate to proofreading through all the new strings. But I didn't spot any mistakes in Wigfrid's at least.

Edit: Aw, got ninja'd on a few of these while I was compiling it.

May I add this information onto a thread I've compiled so far?