Mafia Season 2 - Aftermath Thread

PhelsarusBeel

Update

Actual Mafia thread is now up and can be found right over here.

This thread will now be used for out of character discussions as well as general chit chat about the games (I'm also still open for questions although I would prefer them to be in PMs from this point on)

Otherwise hope you guys have fun with what I've come up with (sadly formating was a tad evil to me again so I had to fiddle a bit with it and prolly have to fix the entire thing a tad later and properly)

Update 2

Renamed the Thread to aftermath thread so now all Postmafia discussions as well as the Comic pages keep going in here.

Proper Topic

Sooo I think it's finally time that we also get this show back on the road or at least slowly start moving towards getting the second season started since Season 1 ended almost 4 months ago so I feel like this is a good time to beginn preperations for season 2. Also cause I will be on vacation starting on the 12th of august so I want to at least have a base idea of who's going to be in it so I can make plans during said vacation and once I'm bad I'm going to start the thing (what will be at the start of september)

Now you probably ask why I'm the one to make this thread when @LiptonPee was supposed to be the new Host? Well to make things simple she got no interest in hosting the thing and instead wants to be a player. So she approached me and asked if I want to take this thing over and well here I am doing just that. What does that mean for our game? Well for starters the "sneak peek" from a few weeks back is now null and void since we got a different host and that means I will work on my own setup as well as some other behind the scenes stuff no one here needs to concern itself (and no I will not accept any changes to the setup unless it's valid criticism but the baseline will stay).

So what else is different? Well obviously I will try to improve on the things that went wrong in season 1 most notably.

- Character control: There might a bit of that going on however if so it will only happen when I had a talk with the person who's character I'm controlling (some people know how I went with it in Abyss so you get the idea you get a PM I say that I need your guy to do some stuff yadda yadda yadda)

- Improved Roles: One of the main criticisms of season 1 was that some roles felt very well useless specialy the Coroner had no real impact on the game at all. This will change with season 2. Lots of reworks to roles that you guys will see as I update them and also a few new roles to spice things up.

- Better Ghosts: So in season 1 ghosts had basicly no inpact. In season 2 I will give the ghosts a bit more playroom and some (although limited) ways to influence the game.

- An actual map of the local: Another criticism of season 1 was that no one had a real clue how the mansion looked like what meant most of us just spend most of the game in the same 3 or 4 rooms. Again this will change and I will try to provide at least a basic layout of the mansion season 2 will take place in so it's better to understand where people might go.

- Lynchvotes: To keep the pace going we now will get a lynchvote every ingame day and it will work on a slightly democratic vote system (obviously one point we have to keep in mind is that the Mafia might just pile onto one person but that will just make them look suspocious)

So this for now is the mainstuff I'll be improing on if you got anything else I should look into just say it and I try to look into it but I should have the basis coverd.

So now onto the actual Mafia related stuff. For the people that don't know how it works Mafia basicly on the priciple that you got a group of people and a selected few of them are members of the namegiving Mafia. The entire game revolves around the other party (the innocent) to figure out who is a mafia member and by voting lynch them. The Mafia however is also not defenseless and is able to eliminate 1 player per night aswell as killing people through some special roles (for them that's the assasin). Winner of the game is basicly who eliminates the other party first so Mafia wins if all innocent are dead and the innocent win if all mafia members are dead. That's the basic gist of it now figuring out who is a member of the mafia and who is innocent that's the interesting part.

We personally played mafia like a mix between the actual game and an RP with people either playing as their forumpersona (but this is not nessesary) or a made up character. Really it's up to the person to choose. Otherwise the game works on a day and night cycle (with 3 real days being 1 ingame day and 1 night lasting one actual day). During the day players basicly socialize, walk around the mansion and collect clues (yes I will provide these this time). At the end of a day a lynch votum will be held and the person with the most votes will be eliminated by the host (me). During the nightphase most of the special groups and roles (in this case ghosts and the mafia as well as specific roles like the detective) will do specific actions regarding their roles (mafia decides who to kill, ghosts I won't say yet and detective can get clues on potential mafia members). however posting during the nightphase is forbidden unless I decide we got a special action taking place during the night.

That's it for the baserules of the game (I might got some stuff wrong so please correct me on that). Now for some personal endorsed rules so the game wil run a bit smoother.

- Your character should if possible be humanoid. Now this doesn't mean it has to be human but it should at least have some sort of humeniod figure (I might be able to make some exceptions but don't count on it). Big reason for that is that @LiptonPee agreed to make a comic again so it's probably better to simplify some people so it's not to hard to draw them or fit them in a comic panel.

- Don't just pull clues out of your a**: I think that's pretty obvious but unless I specificly say it's a clue it won't count as one no matter how hard you wanna bank on it.

- No control of someone elses character: Again pretty obvious. However I can let it pass if both parties agreed to it and everyone is informed but please also tell me of it beforehand (because I will punish such a behaviour hard).

And I think with that I got everything settled at least from my side of the game.

And I will update the OP whenever I make some of the update polls (like when I will add the setup and such) but I'm also open to any questions you guys have as long as I'm in the country.

So yeah that's it for now from my side. Now it's just about who wants to participate so I can start the planning as soon as possible and hopefully we can get another good season of Mafia going.

13 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

- Your character should if possible be humanoid. Now this doesn't mean it has to be human but it should at least have some sort of humeniod figure (I might be able to make some exceptions but don't count on it). Big reason for that is that @LiptonPee agreed to make a comic again so it's probably better to simplify some people so it's not to hard to draw them or fit them in a comic panel.

Can I be a yam? @LiptonPee

6 minutes ago, Youknowwho said:

Does this take place after Season 1?

Yup again I will post a setup in the next few days and yes the people who died will return to the world of the living. Again I got a base idea already set I just need to write it down and work out a few details before I feel satisfied with it.

1 hour ago, Mr.P said:

democratic vote system

I'm going to be comparing a lot to Town of Salem so bare with me, but this highly swings in the favor of the mafia who already pretty much have the advantage. You'll have to be extra careful balancing that.

1 hour ago, Mr.P said:

Don't just pull clues out of your a**

That's quite the effective strategy to do as Mafia, because if something appears one way, butĀ isn't.Ā You might be able to deceive others into believing false evidence, and as such I find this rule a tad silly.

7 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I'm going to be comparing a lot to Town of Salem so bare with me, but this highly swings in the favor of the mafia who already pretty much have the advantage. You'll have to be extra careful balancing that.

That's quite the effective strategy to do as Mafia, because if something appears one way, butĀ isn't.Ā You might be able to deceive others into believing false evidence, and as such I find this rule a tad silly.

I'm very well aware of that and will find ways to work around that.

As for the evidence I already got ideas for that as well. I mostly just mean going over to an object and just expressing that this has totally something to do with the events is something I don't wanna see. If it's at least a bit logical fine but don't just randomly say that someone got murderd with a say a chair for no reason what so ever without further backing up your claims.

6 minutes ago, Youknowwho said:

May not join this round.Ā 

I'll see how I feel after this migraine stops hitting my head with a hammer

Again you got almost a month time since I'm gone for most of august. I just want to get this out now so I can plan around it during my vacation.

Hey guys! If your profile pictures are different than they were in S1, pixel sprites, hard to analyze, or you need a more simple design all together, please post a reference picture and tag me.Ā 

If you don't do as I ask you will either be your S1 character or not show up in the comic series at all, thanks!

1 hour ago, Youknowwho said:

May not join this round.Ā 

I'll see how I feel after this migraine stops hitting my head with a hammer

Toast, this is inappropriate. Your headache isn't going to last a month.Ā 

2 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Can I be a yam? @LiptonPee

No :^)

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

If you're referring to this rule in the sense that the Mafia is at a disadvantage, then you're wrong. If P is subtle, you can still twist logic behind whatĀ the clues might mean as a mafioso, if you're not a tw@t. I think P's just referencing what I did with the handprints in the vent, which distracted everyone and made people point fingers at the players with human hands... despite me saying it wasn't a clue at all. If not, then ignore my post kek

6 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

You probably already saw this coming, but I'm definitely in.

Now to decide if I want my new look or to stick with my dropped persona for consistency reasons....

Well here is a slight spoiler for the setup but it will take place a year after Season 1 so changes in apperance are bound to happen (heck I think Mobb and myself went through the most extreme ones due to changing to human personas).

So if anyone wants a different look you can just do that due to the setup.

9 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

Well here is a slight spoiler for the setup but it will take place a year after Season 1 so changes in apperance are bound to happen (heck I think Mobb and myself went through the most extreme ones due to changing to human personas).

So if anyone wants a different look you can just do that due to the setup.

Eh, I think I'll just leave it up to Lipton for whichever one she'd rather draw. She knows what both of them look like already, it just comes down to which is easier/more fun.

5 hours ago, Mr.P said:

- Improved Roles: One of the main criticisms of season 1 was that some roles felt very well useless specialy the Coroner had no real impact on the game at all.

Now I get the feeling Danny didn't like me so stuck me with a role that wasn't really important/impactful :/

I'll use my same persona as S1 (1. Because it makes more sense and 2. I don't really have any other human OCs). Also everyone knows Dragon Mage's abilities, strengths, weaknesses and appearances quite well already so yeah. She won't look much different, although I could make her hair shorter due to a haircut a couple months prior to the RP start?

I was only drawn once in Lipton's comic last time :/ I hope we all get to see more appearances of our characters this time around (no pressure Lipton)

For lynch votes, are you gonna have polls like you did for "path to take" in Abyss?

6 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

(wait, were you evenĀ  in S1?)

Nope. xD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So anyway... Lipton has talked a bit about drawing me in S2 in the past, but the original idea involved literally just a fish with a no clip controller and that doesn't abide by the humanish rule. As such I guess that means I got to go with the second variation who might I add is definitely not the killer. Nothing fishy about them.

VNFT2wN.png

Don't actually draw me like this. pls thx.

Archived