[Game Update] - A Little Fixer Upper (BETA 189341)

• Developer

DSTupdate_fixerupper_sm.png

Hey guys,

Welcome to the second update for A New Reign Beta!  There are new set pieces in World gen that contain the new content, and you will need to use a blank save slot (or a blank save folder on dedicated servers) in order for them to be added properly when the world regenerates.

Changes

• Added new Marble and Moonrock themed set pieces with secrets to uncover.
  • Added a new magical item, the Moon Caller’s Staff, which must be obtained through world events rather than crafting.
  • Added a new craftable Cartographer’s Desk which unlocks a crafting station for creating Map Scrolls that can be shared with other players.
  • Grass Gekkos will once again have a way to be introduced into your world over time even if they did not appear at Worldgen.
  • Updated the visual patterns and textures for all Moonrock items.

Bug Fixes

• Spoiled ingredients in Crock Pots will now drop properly near the Crock Pot.

View full update

• Like 18

I do not dig the new moonrocks colors.

Now the color is way too close to the normal stone walls. Before the update at least they had the white color and were quite different, now they kinda suck. I was expecting them to have that light teal blueish color as the item has in the inventory, that would have been much more awesome. So yeah, new color is rather bland and sucky.

llkENP3.png

Edited by t1morino88eex
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, t1morino88eex said:

I do not dig the new moonrocks colors.

Now the color is way too close to the normal stone walls. Before the update at least they had the white color and were quite different, now they kinda suck. I was expecting them to have that light teal blueish color as the item has in the inventory, that would have been much more awesome. So yeah, new color is rather bland and sucky.

llkENP3.png

They moonrock walls look kinda aweful... The texture looks bad when placed so close together

• Like 3

GuysguysguysguysGUYS!

Did you see? Setpieces! Looting the staff! Grassy gekkos are back! And THE STATUES!!! I see a woman with a bust like Charlie. She has no head, but a shepherding staff and a mask (Winnie the baby sister of Wigfrid?). This is such amazing headcanon fuel!

Klei... => klei_3_by_arlesienne-da5kmfa.png

• Like 5

What I found out so far:
When you mine one of the marble statues you will uncover broken petrified marble versions of the clockwork monters that are missing parts (for example I mined a pillar with a flower pot on top and there was a broken marble bishop under it). You can find the missing parts and put them onto the statues and during full moon they will turn into their living clockwork counterparts and can be killed. Not sure if they respawn. Then there's this moonstone that can be found that staves can be put into and I'm assuming putting the star callers staff in there and waiting for full moon will turn it into the moon callers staff.

Welp I tested it and the moonstone pedestal is indeed used to transform the star callers staff. I wont spoil how but I recommend you to search for it in the evergreen forests because it seems like it likes to spawn there and also if you are planning on transforming the staff bring a bunch of friends with armor and weapons.
Also two bugs I noticed: 1.) Okay this one isn't 100% confirmed but when I was playing on Strictly Unprofessional Public earlier (which I think is not modded but I'm unsure) a lightning struck a building even though a lightning rod was present.
2.) Pressing cancel after placing a sign instead of writing will cause a crash for both hosts and clients

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michi01 said:

Welp I tested it and the moonstone pedestal is indeed used to transform the star callers staff. I wont spoil how but I recommend you to search for it in the evergreen forests because it seems like it likes to spawn there and also if you are planning on transforming the staff bring a bunch of friends with armor and weapons.
Also two bugs I noticed: 1.) Okay this one isn't 100% confirmed but when I was playing on Strictly Unprofessional Public earlier (which I think is not modded but I'm unsure) a lightning struck a building even though a lightning rod was present.
2.) Pressing cancel after placing a sign instead of writing will cause a crash for both hosts and clients

The second bug is caused by global positions... I had the same issue a couple of minutes ago

1 hour ago, Lumina said:

I found a garleek something when i harvested a grass.

Was on day 2 so i suppose it could hapen at any time.

It was edible and cookable. I eated it raw : gain hunger, lost sanity.

Sorry, forgot to take a screenshot.

You sure this isn't a mod? A quick look didn't find any garleeks in the script files.

Edit: It is. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255930840

Edited by TheHalcyonOne
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Michi01 said:

Sent to V2C.

This portion of code was in response to my report of a bug which is still in the game, so let's wait.

Edited by CarlZalph
It's still here.