[Game Update] - A Little Fixer Upper (BETA 189341)

7 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

GuysguysguysguysGUYS!

Did you see? Setpieces! Looting the staff! Grassy gekkos are back! And THE STATUES!!! I see a woman with a bust like Charlie. She has no head, but a shepherding staff and a mask (Winnie the baby sister of Wigfrid?). This is such amazing headcanon fuel!

Klei... => klei_3_by_arlesienne-da5kmfa.png

I HEARD SOMEONE SAY WINNIE! I'M HERE! GIMME DA WINNIE!

Edited by Scoobie101
  • Like 2

20160902205204_1.jpgAny idea how can we interact with the "stagehand"??

There is a hand under the table that stands when you are not around. 

If you light the table on fire the hand extinguishes it. If you hammer the structure you'll get one nightmare fuel and a flower, but the vase breaks. I'm sure this is not the best way to interact with this...

Also tried looking with Moogles if there was a difference... but I couldn't see any... Maybe under the moon light might be different??

Any ideas??

(top left corner)

20160902204331_1.jpg

20160902204634_1.jpg

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1

On September 2, 2016 at 0:39 AM, V2C said:

There are new set pieces in World gen that contain the new content, and you will need to use a blank save slot (or a blank save folder on dedicated servers) in order for them to be added properly when the world regenerates.

Ok, so how do I do this? Does this mean I can "regenerate" my current world and get the new set pieces, or does this mean I have to start a new game to get the new stuff?

Thx,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, V2C said:

@TheGreatMav you will need to start a new game.

@V2C Thanks for the reply.

Should we expect the need for frequent resets in the beta branch? I ask this because we stopped playing our previous game to play the beta so we could get the new stuff as it was added. If the coming changes heavily involve world gen stuff that can only be accessed via a reset, I'd like to know so we can better decide if we want to go with a play style that will revolve around resets (we usually prefer huge maps and 500+ days of game).

I perfectly understand we're talking about a beta here, but it would be ultra-awesome if you guys figured a way to incorporate the new stuff without having to generate a new world. Or maybe "hack" it. I assume world gen somehow involves a seed variable? Would it be possible to force this seed and somehow "load" the state of the world? Could this be doable via the modding system?

• Like 1

• Developer

It really depends on the type of content. In this particular update, it was because of some of the set piece changes that this was required.  Most of the other things, such as Grass Gekko spawning and Cartographer's Table, would have just worked in existing worlds.

• Like 2

Finally, I was waiting for the sharing map item concept for a long time, klei, did you really read every single suggestion?, the game is so much better since the launch and these little things makes the difference, and this is just the second update :D

Edited by Rily
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, iodina_cherrypie said:

Does anyone know the prefab for the garleek? There is a mod that i want to test out, and every recipe needs garleek. And  for some reason i cant find it on the wiki.  :(

First of all, you're responding to a 3 months old thread. Nothing wrong with it, just FYI.

To my knowledge, there isn't such a thing as a garleek in the game, it's probably part of the mod you're using. So it's not on the wiki.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, iodina_cherrypie said:

Does anyone know the prefab for the garleek? There is a mod that i want to test out, and every recipe needs garleek. And  for some reason i cant find it on the wiki.  :(

If you can't find the prefab anywhere you can use GetPlayer().components.builder:GiveAllRecipes() to unlock all recipes