[Game Update] - East or West, Base is Best (BETA 187380)

7 hours ago, Aeschwutz said:

They have a minimap icon on the map

It's a minimap icon that can be seen by people who haven't explored that area, though.

So I think the main idea of them is that you can mark places on the map, like the pig king, the dragonfly, the swamp, etc, and then just say to other players "red is the dragonfly, purple is the swamp, blue is base".

• Like 1

21 hours ago, V2C said:

DSTupdate_eastorwest_sm.png

Hey everyone,

Here's the first update for A New Reign public beta testing!
[How to participate in A New Reign public beta testing]
Please note that save data for the beta branch is kept separate from the live branch at:

\\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta

Changes

• Minimap data is now stored on the server.
  • Added new Minimap icons for tree stumps and burnt trees.
  • Players can now locate each other on the Minimap if they both have a Compass equipped.
  • Added several new magical items that can be crafted to globally mark a spot or reveal an area on the Minimap for everyone.
  • Improved animations and effects for diseasing.
  • Disease will now only target individual transplanted Saplings, Grass, and Berry Bushes, and spread slowly to nearby plants unless removed or destroyed.
  • Disease is now rare and unpredictable, but there are warning signs that players can look out for before a plant becomes diseased.
  • Terrain will no longer provide any disease immunities.
  • Disease and Petrification are now separately tunable in World customization options.

Bug Fixes

• Player Minimaps will now load properly when rejoining a server from a different machine.
  • Caves Minimap is now properly cleared when a player dies in Wilderness mode.

View full update

Please pin this post... thanks !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

any idea how to spawn a diseased plant?? can get them to spawn naturally

c_spawn('berrybush').components.diseaseable:Disease() should do it, I think? Haven't tested it, though.

Edit: Looks like you need to dig it up, replant it, and then do c_find('berrybush').components.diseaseable:Disease()

Edited by rezecib
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rezecib said:

It's a minimap icon that can be seen by people who haven't explored that area, though.

So I think the main idea of them is that you can mark places on the map, like the pig king, the dragonfly, the swamp, etc, and then just say to other players "red is the dragonfly, purple is the swamp, blue is base".

Yeah it could be very usefull for new players, or in a wilderness map. You die and come back ? Ok, the base is here, here are the emergency chest, here the cave entrance".

A lot of possible uses.

So the Ruins gems are just for colour variations? That doesn't seem like a good use of an orange, yellow or green gem, except maybe if you found it in a tumbleweed and don't have access to an Ancient Pseudoscience Station. (This has happened to me exactly twice in 677 hours of playing DST.)

Although I guess you could spawn one in if you really want more than three colours for your map markers when you're the admin.

Edited by CameoAppearance

• Developer
7 minutes ago, CameoAppearance said:

So the Ruins gems are just for colour variations? That doesn't seem like a good use of an orange, yellow or green gem, except maybe if you found it in a tumbleweed and don't have access to an Ancient Pseudoscience Station.

Exactly what I think. I really hope they expand the use of the moonlens in the future depending of what gem is put in them. I mean, each moonlen has a different examination string, so why not a different effect as well?

8 minutes ago, CameoAppearance said:

(This has happened to me exactly twice in 677 hours of playing DST.)

That's because the chance of that happening is 0.1%.

Great odds, am I right? :p

1 hour ago, CameoAppearance said:

So the Ruins gems are just for colour variations? That doesn't seem like a good use of an orange, yellow or green gem, except maybe if you found it in a tumbleweed and don't have access to an Ancient Pseudoscience Station. (This has happened to me exactly twice in 677 hours of playing DST.)

Although I guess you could spawn one in if you really want more than three colours for your map markers when you're the admin.

Eh, I could live with Orange gems not being used in their moderetly(maybe) useful items. Yellow is a bit better but...i could live without it as well. Green though.

hello, my english is not very good, so i hav some problems while playing dst.

o already join the beta, and i download the new version 

bot i don't know how to play the new contents in my games,

enter the game, and then....?

can anyone give me the answer?

thx a lot!!!!

Edited by Justinnn
explain more

39 minutes ago, Justinnn said:

enter the game, and then....?

That is all. Look at the crafting menu, you will see the new items you can craft ("cratered moonrock" under the "Refine" tab with an Alchemy Engine, "Ocuvigil" under the "Magic" tab with a Shadow Manipulator)

• Like 1

I'm only a few days in and this is small potatoes, but I noticed when my homegirl Wendy is pickaxing a rock behind her, so we see her from behind, her feet skin disappears so her brown boots look like her original white mary janes. 

Also, I logged out and then logged back in and Chester's bone was gone. It looks great so far though! I was surprised the brick road led to nowhere. 

8 hours ago, Lysh said:

Also, I logged out and then logged back in and Chester's bone was gone.

You were never supposed to be able to keep the eye bone in your inventory after logging out. Players always drop the eyebone, Glommer's flower and Starsky when logging out. If you were playing on a public server, someone might've picked it up. Do you mean to say that the eyebone is nowhere in your world? If this is your server, try teleporting to Chester.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RayramAB said:

You were never supposed to be able to keep the eye bone in your inventory after logging out. Players always drop the eyebone, Glommer's flower and Starsky when logging out. If you were playing on a public server, someone might've picked it up. Do you mean to say that the eyebone is nowhere in your world? If this is your server, try teleporting to Chester.

Ahh I've never known this before. I did mean in my personal inventory, but I never bothered looking for him again because more players came in. That's a good feature actually. Thanks! 

I've been testing the new stuff, and like many others i expected the ruins gem moonlens to do something extra, hopefully that is addressed. The disease changes are nice to a certain point, right now im getting annoyed with it since if i log out for an hour when i log back in the server i have all my farm diseased and need to find new plants and replant only to have them diseased again if i log out. This mechanic sounds cool in theory but given the fact the world takes time to regenerate at this rate ill end up clearing the whole world of grass, twigs and berry plants. I think there needs to be a way to cure diseased plants, by a very expensive recipe or expensive machine like the flingo that sprays diseased plants.  Because im hating the whole thing of needing every 30 min to 1hr im not in the server  to come back to re- get and replant what i just planted 1 hr ago :(. 

Edited by yuhi

Potential major bug: Empty inventory and full stats after re-logging.

Steps taken: Played regular survival mode on dedicated server with caves (never entered a cave). Played until day 23 (winter). Logged off with about 25% hunger, 90% hp, and 70% sanity. Another user continued to play for a bit. Someone else logged in early in the morning for about 30 minutes.Logged on the next day. My inventory was empty and all my stats were 100%. The day appears to be correct in the same instance, but I have no map vision loaded at all.

Expected: I would log in and my user state would be restored. It was restored when logging out and in a number of times yesterday.

I tried to find the server_log.txt in Master shard, but it hasn't been written this time. Do I need to stop the server for it to write the log out?

no items.jpg

Edited by rocifier
more info

Potential major bug: Empty inventory and full stats after re-logging.

Steps taken: Played regular survival mode on dedicated server with caves (never entered a cave). Played until day 23 (winter). Logged off with about 25% hunger, 90% hp, and 70% sanity. Another user continued to play for a bit. Someone else logged in early in the morning for about 30 minutes.Logged on the next day. My inventory was empty and all my stats were 100%. The day appears to be correct in the same instance, but I have no map vision loaded at all.

Expected: I would log in and my user state would be restored.

I tried to find the server_log.txt in Master shard, but it hasn't been written this time. Do I need to stop the server for it to write the log out?

no items.jpg