Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

JanH

How to Opt-In to "A New Reign Beta" for Don't Starve Together

Recommended Posts

Clwnbaby    869

do we post in this thread or the update thread with what we find?  or just regular bug tracker?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
artemiyME    135
49 minutes ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

@JanH What about dedicated server operators on Linux and other platforms?

see attached file, validate option is optional if you want it

update2.sh

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImDaMisterL    17,112
11 minutes ago, artistcrab said:

will i still have my older maps?

Yes, your older maps will stay stored in the save folders in DoNotStarveTogether while your A New Reign maps will remain saved in the DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta folder :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
artistcrab    1,949
8 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Yes, your older maps will stay stored in the save folders in DoNotStarveTogether while your A New Reign maps will remain saved in the DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta folder :)

 

when the bata is over will it update the game to this new stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImDaMisterL    17,112
10 minutes ago, artistcrab said:

when the bata is over will it update the game to this new stuff?

I assume so, but worldgen stuff will require you to make a new world for them to spawn, I believe. Unless you use admin commands to spawn them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
artistcrab    1,949
7 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I assume so, but worldgen stuff will require you to make a new world for them to spawn, I believe. Unless you use admin commands to spawn them.

 

oh okay thank you so much :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris1488    10,839
4 hours ago, Blizi said:

Will there be some Loyal items in it for Beta testers?

Most likely not, considering there weren't any skins for people testing any other betas.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
enim    0

Big don't Starve fan here, just wondered with the PS4 don't starve together announcement if there is any plans for xbox one DST?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JanH    3,098
3 hours ago, enim said:

Big don't Starve fan here, just wondered with the PS4 don't starve together announcement if there is any plans for xbox one DST?

We're not sure what's possible at the moment, but if we can, we'll let everyone know.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImDaMisterL    17,112
6 hours ago, Serpens said:

When will the A New Reign beta changes be ported to the main game?

Once all the testing is done and all the updates are released in this BETA.

I'd say somewhere between January and February of 2017 :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Serpens    320

Oh... thank you :D  I hoped it would be within the next days ... =/

Edit:
When I change to the BETA, can I change back to main game anytime using the same way? Or is this permanent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Serpens    320

@V2C

Isn't it possible to release the first part of Beta to the main game now? I mean the part that is already in BETA for some weeks.

I really want the Map Sharing stuff in the main game (with mod Global Positions map will be shared automatically with friends).
But I don't want to play BETA, because of every new update brings some bugs (which is normal for BETA of course)... so can't you release the already tested and fixed things to main game? At least that map feature?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ImDaMisterL    17,112
17 hours ago, Serpens said:

Edit:
When I change to the BETA, can I change back to main game anytime using the same way? Or is this permanent?

Yes, you could just do the same thing JanH explains to do and choose the option "none - opt out of all beta programs"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.