[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

15 minutes ago, Dannyrulx said:

(I'd like to say that This never needed to happen. AT ALL. You guys were the ones that rushed in after me, the scout, went for a look-see, causing this. had you not freaked and chased me, none of this would've happened.)

(Just sayin')

(I was going to argue with this, but I don't want to even bother right now. Try to pin the blame on us for your reckless actions if you want to. I don't care.

I'm not feeling the best today. I think I'm just going to try to keep from posting today before I say anything else stupid. Probably too late.)

The tinker does not hesitate to utilise his inventions, and quickly sets the first bat-like ablaze. A second one notices the sound and tries to escape the flaming wrath, for nought. One tries to charge from behind and almost hits Pih-Dit, but for vein, as it misses and too catches fire.

Alas, as all glory is fleeting, so did the inferno die shortly after it started. Not that it couldn't have lasted longer, the tinker merely felt the heat on his arm getting too intense. He cares for his extremities just a little too much to burn them.

Flying monsters. Man this really wasn't turning out to be Quentin's day. If he threw any potions at them there was the risk of having shards of glass, as well as droplets of the substances , rain down upon his allies. Looks like it was time to bring out the mist gun.

It was currently filled with an odorless, but off-red colored, mixture designed to put enemies to sleep, but as a mist it would do little more than making them drowsy. He aimed up and sprayed a torrent of it high enough not to be breathable to his comrades.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Looks like it was time to bring out the mist gun.

It was currently filled with an odorless, but off-red colored, mixture designed to put enemies to sleep, but as a mist it would do little more than making them drowsy. He aimed up and sprayed a torrent of it high enough not to be breathable to his comrades.

(I would have given this so many likes if it was literally just one of these - )

battery-misiting-fans-w290.jpg

Rhi gasps and looks up to the ceiling, teeth bared in anticipation to the battle that was surely going to happen.

His eyes completely dilated except when Hammerhead’s fireworks light up the area, that’s when his pupils contract and he notices the dozens of bat-like creatures swarming down on them.

“My. Scales!”, he yells. Their screeching bothers Rhi and he covers his ears. “Ugh, what a horrible chorus! The worst I’ve heard so far! Ah!” He tries to dodge the plummeting bats, keeping an eye out for those sharp claws. The fireworks wouldn’t last forever, but he knew that the others would try to keep the shadows at bay. The tinker’s gadgets really set things ablaze! That was enough fire to light up the area. Myth once told him about magical darkness, this was surely nothing natural, he would have easily slipped into the shadows otherwise.

The main idea was to give the shadowdancer a boost with a dedicated song, but seeing as mayhem occurred, Rhi attempted to play another tune to inspire the party’s courage, although most of it was interrupted by the loud screeching of the dozens of bats and the battle itself. The amount of noise confuses him a little but he does not give up:

Spoiler

The battle has found us once again,
the fight rages on but we shan’t abstain
As we are the ones that will bring their bane,
We have the steel and too, the arcane!

This dark, deep dungeon will give us no rest,
At this point I’d like to find one treasure chest!

But on and on we go!
But forth, not back, we go!
Each step that we take
May be a mistake,
Still, on and on we go!

Oh, fear not for the mage casts its ice,
The tinker; its fire will light up the heights,
The mist of the chemist will put them to sleep,
Enough for our warriors to kill with one sweep!

And arrows will fly to aim true at their hearts,
Their heads, their wings or any other parts!
The help of the shadows we have at our side,
And venom will make their dumb lives subside!

(I feel better now.)

The Steam knight stood there as the bat's teeth and claws futilely clinked against her steal shell. Miles chuckled. "Heh, you're cute." Since she herself was in no danger, she decided to spend her efforts protecting the bard. The relatively small and quick foes would be a challenge to hit, especially in the dark, but she tried to time her swings to meet them in their swoops.

(I actually agree with what Lipton said. We can be salty but Myth is a character with his own personality and blaming Danny leads to nothing. STILL, next time ask P first, Danny.)

(also I guess we can control the outcome of small enemies?)

Renn kills a bat that was going for Rhi.

2 hours ago, Battal said:

(I would have given this so many likes if it was literally just one of these - )

(This. This is beautiful. This actually fits Quentin's personality. This is now canon.)

"Oh snap! Bats!" Hammerhead loaded another firework and launched it at the bats, hoping that not only would it disrupt their senses as before, but that some wayward flares from the firework would connect with the many flying creatures. He looked over at Rhi, feeling much less afraid of the bats than he probably would have been. "Yo! Love the song! But, uh, do you know the Batman theme song? That would totally work right now. I'd dig it." He laughed as he sent another rocket at his foes.

(

Spoiler

I'm only half joking.)

Jordan was ready to fight the flying mammals, but also hoped to not to get metabolic product on him, so he had to act fast...so he started chanting a incantation to speed up Miles.

Edit: Forgot to mention I used Fast Forward~ 

(*yawn* Ok I'm awake again my headache is gone and I feel refreshed again. And look no one did something reckless or stupid I'm proud of you guys.

Once I get to my PC will sort the batstuff out. Although just a lil something. These things aren't batsized. They are infact humansized. Sort of like a bat-human hybrid.)

(Don't whirlwind, DON'T WHIRLWIND!)

Whelp, this did not look like the kind of clusterfuck he would be any good at fighting in. Waltzing to the edges of the landing creatures, he started hacking and slashing, spinning and swirling in a whirlwind of devastation.

(Not his whirlwind ability, mind, that's a completely different description.)

42 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

(So vampires) :^)

(Naaah Vampires are again different. More like the bas**rd child of a bat and a human. Why you think I described them with humanlike torsos?

Basicly you take a human replace the arms with batwings, put sharp claws on their feet and replace the eyes with massive ears and you got sorta what I had in mind.

That's the cool thing of being the DM you can go buckwild with creature design. Oh and Danny aborting skill has been rejected by the DM you're going to twirl like a ballerina. Or else suffer my wrath.)

(Fiiiiiiiiiine)

Myth glanced around, flipped his holds on his swords and began spinning, black blades flashing at head hight in thee crowd. Blood spattered his face, but he kept spinning, until he staggeringly stopped, feeling nauseous.

Jordan notices Myth slowing down, and thinks to himself, "oh gosh I better speed up Myth so he doesn't get attacked from stopping his beyblade attack." so Jordan chants another Fast-Forward spell up just to keep Myth spinning, afterwhich he yells to Myth"Hey Myth you're welc-" Jordan also notices Myth's green face and quickly pulls out an emergency acid rain umbrella, and quickly rushes to Jasmine just to be on the safe side.

(Mr.P said this was A-okay.)

Archived