[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Renn picks up some berries and examines them. Being a hunter he knows how to differentiate poisonous good from good food, so he checks them, just to be sure.

(I don't think they are poisonous but I have to sleep and don't know what to do. P if they are poisonous then ;^))

Rhi didn't have to take care of the silly humans because he knew he'd not kill themselves. Upon reaching the clearing in the forest he observed the hulking guardian clad in some armor, protecting a portal. It did not seem to notice them, so they stood as far away as possible, making sure no sounds would alert it. Everyone decided to settle down for the moment, and Rhi did the same then.

He tried not to take part of the conversation that was going on about Myth and his life, he had heard it before so he did not have much to say in the matter. He expected him to drink after all of that, but not that specific concoction. Well, there he goes again, when will he understand that that beverage is just too strong?

He simply sat on top of a fallen tree trunk and adjusted the chords of his lute before playing a calm tune to give some atmosphere

As he started, he also told to Eye, "You'll go back home as a hero. All of us will. Even if we don't have homes left, our names will remain in history. I know this because I've read many ballads, songs and poems about several brave heroes like us. But we need to understand that we are one group, a party of adventurers... Not enemies, yes? Just as Miles said. We've been doing well so far, let's keep it up."

Miles shrugs it off, although it's a bit hard to tell she did when she's in the suit. "Eh, it's okay." It was almost impressive how little she was fumbling with screwing the caps back on with metal coated fingers.

She spots Quintin already gathering a large amount of supplies and Renn intensely staring at some berries, and then her gaze comes upon the large, well armoured foe. "On second thought, perhaps I should stay here. It seems like they've already got it covered and too much movement from me might alert the big guy down there." Although, the Steam Knight couldn't deny that she felt the temptation to test herself and her armour against the entity...

She pried her gaze away, resisting the foolhardy temptation. "So, Rhi... Does he do this often?" She asks, pointing to the unconscious Myth.

The tinker doesn't want to talk about Myth's situation. He can't change the facts anyways. But maybe it is more so because his feeble heart cannot shoulder the burden and cannot bear the melancholy. Besides, provoking a loud discussion near that knight could be fatal. Is he really that focused on opening the portal that he can't even notice the adventurers?

"Miles, you smashed a lot of bone back there. Since we seem to be spending a bit longer here, mind if I borrow Tony to install a little... toy? With your strength, it won't last much combat, but a bit of shock can't hurt. Well, can't hurt you."

Rhi paused his lute playing for a moment and looked at Miles. He hummed and glanced at the now unconscious Myth. "Well, we've only known each other for a couple of weeks... Rhi thinks that Myth is excited to be in a group of adventurers. But he's also been working alone ever since, or so I heard him say. So maybe he's still getting used to all of this. Just give him some time..." He then paused "But if you're asking about the drinking thing... Then yes, quite often."

(Sorry I haven't been posting too much, been busy anyway.)

Jordan joined the group after collecting decided to share with the group since there was an abundance of oranges, "With these oranges, your style... it's impetuous. Your defense, impregnable." Jordan said after eating some mushrooms he found in the forest

"Hey myth ale why don't cha just get it on with male dæmons if you can't find any females, at least you'd have some fun before you died, I mean I think I saw a dæmons...or was that a succubus...did she say her name was lipt-" *Jordan collapses on the ground and faints*

Myth started to stir again. "I drank the nectar, didn't I?" He slowly got to his feet, then promtly sat down again. "Every Fething time I tell my story, I end up drinking it for some reason or another. Generally due to the fact that I'm getting too depressed..." He put a hand to his temple. "Thankfully the hangover is... Relatively minor. Still feel like gak, but I've be subjected to worse in my life." He unsteadily got to his feet, and walked over to hammerhead, plucking an apple from the foliage nearby. "Hammer, buddy, do you think you could make a grenade casing? I want to see if I can make a little 'badaboom....'"

"Oh, and since I know someone's suggested a few stupid things:"

"No, I'm not Bi. Besides, Male dæmons are probably harder to find, because they look more... Well... Dæmonic. Females can kinds pass if they grow their hair long like I do..." He lifted up the crop of hair to show two small horns, curving slightly, but each no more than an inch long. "Male dæmons tend to have larger, more prominent horns, ergo, they can't really hide as well."

"As to hooking up with a Demon... As cute as Succubus are, they're not exactly... 'Family friendly.' They.. Er... How to it this... Bang everything with faintly red skin that they see. Oh, and other demons aren't really an option as dæmons and demons kinda hate each other due to a massive civil war that occurred... Two hundred and fifty years ago." He rolled his neck to get the stiffness out of it. "I wasn't born for another few decades, don't worry." He hurriedly added.

(Twas not me, for those mushshrooms were druggy shrooms, and used me to insult thee!)

A muffled "They're so small, I saw a glimpse from the future a giant horned monster, or was it a demon? Anyway super big horns, they even squished something, don't even know what they smashed.

"Well you learn something everyday. Honestly, I'm glad we've got this much diversity in our group. Helps me to expand my mind after living in a fairly closed society for a lot. And I'm happy to hear your stories, your different cultures. It's refreshing."

Miles looked from Tony to the tinker and back a few times. "So you want to install some sort of electrocution device? I... I suppose, but I'll have to hold him while you're installing it. I'm not sure you could lift it anyway." You can't even lift, bro

(well I feel like our friend the Black Knight should stop doing his wierd magic and finally get a move on)

You decide to not interrupt the massive figure and let him do whatever he's doing while still observing his actions.

Hours pass without him moving much or even looking like he's still alive.

Then suddenly the portal infront of him activates. Through it you can see what appears to be a throneroom however the portal heavily dissrupts the picture.

The Black Knight finally starts moving. He's an imposing figure standing at over 5 meters tall. Clad in pitch black armor with red runes running across the iron. The fingers of his gloves end in clawlike appendages. As he stands up he also grabs his weapon that was previous obscured by him. A massive sword easily capable of slicing a man or even troll in half with just a single swing.

Before he walks through the portal he suddenly turns around. His helmet is heavily ornated and horns grow out of the sides and upwards. His face is completly obscured all that can be seen from under the helmet are 2 red dots resembeling his eyes.

Suddenly he speaks up. His voice a crescendo of hate towards the living.

"VERMIN. I KNOW YOU'RE THERE I CAN FEEL YOUR PRESENCE. BE GLAD THAT THE MASTER CALLS OR ELSE I WOULD END YOUR LIFE HERE AND THERE"

After that he turns around and steps through the portal. Just as he passed through the portal vanishes and the structure that produced it crumbles leaving only rubble behind.

Spoiler

pihdit2.jpg

(This is not canon of course. :p )

The tinker gets a feeling of pure terror from the words of the black knight. Shortly after, he shakes it off with a shrug and starts doing what a tinkerer does: Tinker; with Tony in this case. "You're sure you don't want to put it down? Not that I would mind you holding it, but watching me screw bits and bobs together will probably weary you."

(DANGIT MOBBSTAR YOU'RE GOING TO WAKE THE SHIPPERS)

Even the Steam Knight felt a shiver of terror at the imposing entity's hate filled words. Now she was really glad she hadn't attempted to needlessly engage in combat with the thing.

Pit's words caught her attention and she pried her gaze away from the spot where the black knight stood. "Hm? Oh, nah, I don't mind. This kind of thing wouldn't bore me; I'm actually kind of interested in seeing how this works, and, you know, making sure you don't mess up Tony. No offence."

(I'm not helping, am I?)

12 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

DANGIT MOBBSTAR YOU'RE GOING TO WAKE THE SHIPPERS

(Grell was suddenly aware of these two warriors' presence... deep down inside, he was jumping and giggling like a little girl, throwing beef jerky around like it was confetti at the prospect of such a union between two worthy warriors.)

That knight's voice... it pierced even Quentin's soul... and seemingly emanated from all around him. 

He couldn't stop trembling. This looming feeling of dread ran down his spine and left only an eerie numbness. His whole body became devoid of hope for the fear left no room for it. He couldn't move. He couldn't breath. He needed to calm down.

Calming potion. Calming potion. Yes, a calming potion. He willed his hand to move reaching into his coat and retrieving a vial full of a purple liquid. He forcefully unhinged the bottom of his mask and downed it all in one gulp. It was warm, and it's effects took hold of him almost immediately. 

Grape juice always seemed to calm him down.

(I guess we should get a move on so pack up guys it's time for the next transition)

After a good night of sleep you finally decide that it's time to travel further into the dungeon.

You quickly pack up and decide to check again for other edible plants in the area to not waste the limited supplies.

As you walk through the trees you finally find what appears to be the exit. A small hill with a tunnel leading into it.

As you enter the dark hallways you notice that the sounds of the forst behind you instantly silence themself. All you hear is the sound of footsteps on stone (and the occasional hiss of the Steamknights armor). Just like the other hallways this one is long and dark but something seems to be different.

As you come across another split path you see what it is. From the end of one path you see the faint glow of different colors. The other one just leads into pitch black darkness.

What path will you take?

(I hope I wasn't too quick with the next room transition but I feel like just having the Black Knight do his thing isn't what I want you guys to be left with for the day)

Archived