[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

"If you must know, it's about my family. I do this acknowledgement as much for them as myself. They're in the Ünterfire and Überdark." He took a deep breath. "My swords are named after my twin sisters. Rosa was a Shadowdancer much like myself, Amelirore a Mage. My mother was human, my father dæmon. We lived on the edge of the Kingdom of Vansia. You should all know the place. Very magical, lots of craftspeople. 

(Sorry for character control, there's no-way for me to do this otherwise.) "But, I thought that Vansia was destroyed over 70 years ago? You're definitely not over 70..." This was Jasmine speaking. "Vansia was destroyed by over-zealous demon hunters and huntresses. The vast majority of us, including me, are 'ba$tard'races, half dæmon (hence my skin colour,) half human, often with small amounts of other races thrown in. Demon hunters though dæmons were demons, and peaceful people's were the targets of genocide.

Now dæmons are a dying race, Vasnia is fast becoming a legend, and I'm one of the few remaining Shadowdancers. It's why I need to do this. If I can garner enough fame, I can re-ignite the order. Get us proper recognition. Hell, I might even be able to find a dæmon parter."

"As if."

(Again you get full control during anything but combat. As for lore I guess at this point it's not so much my fantasy world but the one of this forum since everyone helps in further crafting the BG lore. And to be perfectly frank here I don't mind that at all.

Anyway I should go to bed now or else there won't be much tommorow cause I sleep all day.)

(You'd have no way of knowing that Vansia was absolutely destroyed over 70 years ago unless I explicitly said those exact words. This was simpler, especially as it was just a sentence. Apolgies have been given) 

Miles just kinda stood there awkwardly for a second. She was always terrible with these kinds of things. What was she supposed to say? 'I'm sorry your city is in ruins, your race is dying out, and your sisters died even though I had nothing to do with it so I have no clue why I'm apologising'? So she just said the first phrase that came to mind.

"Well that sucks."

Smooth one, Miles. Reeeaaaal smooth.

Myth looked up, before chuckling softly. "Worse than 'sucks.' I'm half-dæmon. This means that when I die, I enter the Ünterfire like the rest of my race. If I shack up with another half-dæmon, my child is quarter-dæmon. They cannot enter the Ünterfire." For me to have 'proper' dæmonic kids, I need to find a dæmon female. Even before the genocide, they were fairly rare, due to a whole host of factors, but roughly speaking, around 35% of dæmons were female. Now that almost 90% of all dæmons are in the Ünterfire waiting for re-birth, I need to find 35% of 10% of an extremely paranoid race that has experienced a genocide and is split to all corners of the globe." He breaks down sobbing.

"My-" his chest heaved.

"My kids..." He choked up, and it was a few minutes before he could speak again. "My... Kids... Will never join me... In the Ünterfire." He removed his gloves and curled up into a ball. "They will never come to the Ünterfire."

(Maybe I'm just ignorant on how rases are passed down, but wouldn't a mom and a dad that are both half human half daemon make a half human half daemon child, since the kid would get half, or a quarter part of each race from each parent?)

(That wouldn't make sense, as the Human DNA would mean that there would still be a 50/50 split between males and females.)

(F*ck it, MST3K Mantra it, chalk it up as a fantasy inconsistency, and let's keep going with the plot.)

"Well excuse me O Mighty Wizard Of Magicarp, let's hear your story, or are you not one of the SELECT FEW WHO WERE SCREWED OVER BEFORE THE MASS GENOCIDE, AND THEN WHO'S ENTIRE SPECIES WAS REDUCED TO A POPULATION SO SMALL THAT THEY COULD FIT IN THE IMPERIAL COLLUSIUM WITH ROOM TO SPARE?!" (Apologies for the huge writing.)

"Great."

"Good for you, you don't have false hope and a confirmed afterlife. Unlike us. Who do." Myth was clearly furious, his tears no longer flowing, his face a mask of pure rage. Then his entire body slumped. "Ęžu, you're really not worth this argument. I'm not worth this argument."

"Fething hell..." He took a swig from his canteen, and slurred "Also, THIS isvery potent alcohol wven druncned in yarge amunssssss"

His head *thumped* against the dirt floor, seemingly exhausted, even accounting for the stuff in his system.

Quentin had long split off to gather some of the plentiful materials. Mushroom? What effects could these have? Assorted plants and herbs? Perfect for tinctures! Berries? Flavoring of course!

Miles sighs. "Well, that happened." She unscrewed a few caps on her armour and one on Tony. "I don't this he's going to answer you, Pundolf. He's out cold. Would you top off my tanks real quick before I go find some berries or something?" She asked, motioning to the openings she, er, opened in her armour.

Archived