[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

(Eh, whatever.)

"The kaleidoscope room seems to be a one to shy away from. Not only works it weaken me, but it would also seem to make everyone really nauseous. I can always remove shadow as well, remember that." He had rebuckled his sheathes onto his back, and was loosely holding Rosa in his hand, occasionally twirling it. "So, yeah. I vote for the dark room." He sheathes Rosa and coalesces the darkness into something tangible. It looks like a recorder, except it has two thin pipes forming a triangle. He puts it to his mouth and begins to play a lilting tune. "Harley, you know this tune, but do you know the words?"

Spoiler

The instrument is called a Aulus: and it was popular in Ancient Greece, although it was mostly played by courtesans, not citizens. Make citizens played the Lyre.

"Hm.  With the dark path, there's a greater chance of ambush...but since we have a man who was born in it, molded by it, I don't think it's that much of a threat.  We can just have him scout ahead."

(Yeah I might jumped the gun here a bit in terms of transition speed but I just didn't like the idea of you guys just waiting another actual day till we get things going again and just call it a day after introducing the Black Knight a bit more.

But hey we get more camps anyway so Mena just pretend that Pit did some slight adjustments on Tony for now and he's improving him camp by camp.)

Spoiler

I see you Battal...

"Tell you what..." The Aulus dissipated and he unsheathed his blades. "I'll have a look. It's pure shadows, so I can Waltz without issue, and I can see perfectly fine. Wait here. If you hear me screaming my bloody head off, light a torch and run." He crouched, ready to sprint, before exploding forward, taking a few steps before he teleported into the darkness.

(P, if you PM me as to what's in the room, I can sorta tell them what I want/feel I need to tell them when I return.)

13 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

(Yeah I might jumped the gun here a bit in terms of transition speed but I just didn't like the idea of you guys just waiting another actual day till we get things going again and just call it a day after introducing the Black Knight a bit more.

But hey we get more camps anyway so Mena just pretend that Pit did some slight adjustments on Tony for now and he's improving him camp by camp.)

(Mr.P...bby...you're doing okay, I don't understand what Mena was complaining about, anyway let's stop spamming this with ())

(Also do I have to make up the skills? xD I'm lazy okay. ;-;)

Jordan spoke up, and said "Hey maybe we should go down the path with glowing lights, for they seem mystical, and mysterious.

(I'm just a little sads because I had more interactions planned for the camping phase, but now I'm going to have to summarize them and the others can't react to them because we skipped over that part 

im probably the only one though so don't mind me while I sulk in the corner ;-;)

The Steam Knight was rather rested despite having slept in her leather armour, refusing to take it off while they were still in the dungeon, and she might have gotten on a few people's nerves as putting back on her suit that had held everyone up. She was completely drenched in her own sweat by the time she took off her suit that night. To be honest, she was a bit relieved to have it off for a spell.

The woman under the armour was by no means short, but the suit added a few inches to her height. She was well muscled, but not bulky, from both forging and wearing her iron shell. She looked almost like a teen despite being in her early twenties; an image not helped by her high voice, round face, freckled cheeks, and small, erm, curves. Her hair, a few shades darker brown than her eyes, was cut a bit above her shoulders with short, side-swept bangs that stayed out of the way.

The Steam Knight was returned to her shell now, and wasn't paying all that much attention to the current dilemma. She kept poking at the new doodads on her beloved hammer.

"Eh heh, excuse me for a moment. I need to...do..something..

Oh yeah.

Follow me, and you're dead." 

Pundolf quickly retreated into the darkness, far enough that he thought nobody could hear him. He then started arguing with himself.

Rhi was already hiding behind Renn by the time the black knight started to talk in that evil voice, staring at it with dots for eyes. After it was gone, he sighed in relief and realized he was hugging Renn's arm so he let go off it. "Oh, oops. Hehe", he backed up and then cleared his throat, grabbing some of the berries and thanking Renn before eating them. "G-Good thing it's gone by now, that looked like a formidable foe. Maybe we should prepare for an actual encounter in the future...", he watched as the shadow danced disappeared in the shades of black.
"It's a good thing you asked Myth to scout into the dark room, that's his specialty. He'll be back soon." Rhi nodded and crossed his arms, lute on his back and now humming  a little tune under his breath.

24 minutes ago, Ysulyan said:

"It's a good thing you asked Myth to scout into the dark room, that's his specialty. He'll be back soon." Rhi nodded and crossed his arms,

(Mr.P never even confirmed if he could. o3o)

Quentin dragged his hands across the front of his mask. Shifting walls... shifting walls... SHIFTING WALLS. Was he the only one paying attention? Who's to say Myth—and now Pundolf too?—won't get separated into a different portion of the Abyss? He forcefully and irritably scribbled into his journal and held it up for all to see:

Shifting walls remember?
May as well enter the shadow room simply to avoid such a scenario where we end up separated.

Quentin held something up high, it was his journal.
Upon further inspection...
"Oh...?", Rhi then looked around and frowned. The heat of the battles made him forget: The dungeon is actually alive. Remembering this and the Steamknight's words a while ago...

<<But this Dungeon shifts every time we enter or exit a room, Myth. The room those adventurers went into is most likely completely different from the one we'd step into.>>

... he gasps. "Oh no... Quentin's right! Myth!!", Rhi quickly jumps in place and then runs towards the dark path, but not too far away as to get lost as well. "Wait, Myth! Come back!", he shouts; he couldn't see him so he didn't know if he was actually one foot away or in the other room already.

The commotion Rhi was causing made the Steam Knight, eyes meeting Quentin's paper. It took a moment for what it said and the situation to fully sink in.

"..."

"OH CRAP!"

Miles started half juggernauting towards the dark path. "Everyone! Quick! Into the shadow room before the walls shift!" she managed so shout over her suit's clanging and hissing. 

Hammerhead had totally been busy forging more bombs during all of that character development, but looked up when Miles demanded that everyone enter the room. "Oh. That... That's dark. Let's try this." He loaded up a firework and launched it into the darkness, illuminating it with the bright lights before running in.

(God damnit well seems like danny basicly choose for the entire group.

Sure hope you guys give him some flak for that.

Ughhh ok will prepare the room once I'm back home I wanted to wait till everyone chooses but ok we're doing this the new way.)

(Well ya'll can't do much else I suppose.

I'm more annoyed that basicly 1 person decided for the entire group even though again you guys are a group yet 1 person hasn't really gotten the memo.

Maybe I should start to punish that but currently my patience with this is reaching it's limit)

(I think it was honestly a mistake and he just forgot that the dungeon shifts when you enter a room; I know I forgot. I probably wouldn't have remembered if Zeklo hadn't brought it up. These things happen sometimes.)

Archived