[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Grell ponders the choices... the group he is in seems to be deciding on where to go... mettle or concoctions it did not matter to him. His sword was worn, but still sharp and sturdy, a little cleaning would make it look and better though... his garb seems more rank than usual... could that be the reason why the others were keeping their distance? Grell pats one of his pockets to make sure the 3 vials of Restoration Elixirs are still safe... he bought this from the town's merchants before he entered the dungeon... it should prove useful to any who might be in danger of dying...

5 minutes ago, Dannyrulx said:

(I said WEAKNESS. Not Wicked Witch of the West style 'water is acid')

And with his crying screams of death he said to me "I'll get you my little pretty, and your cat too." Jordan was quite shocked.

(Okay I'm done. :3)

1 minute ago, Dannyrulx said:

(I'll be taking a time out for a little while guys. I've just learnt that my parents are getting a divorce, and... Well... I'm sure some of you have been through the same thing. @Mr.P, take care of Myth until I come back, eh?)

(will do will do. Hope all goes well)

(Take it easy)

Alright looked like everything was in orde—Is. That. A. Spot. Of. Blood. On. Miles'. Armor?

*slides close*

*pulls out spray cleaner*

Just a quick clean. He'd finish before they even noticed him. He would prefer to avoid that. They were intimidating.

*sprays and dabs with cloth*

Perfect, squeaky clea—Is. That. Another. Spot. Of. Blood. On. Miles'. Armor? And another. And another.

Soon Quentin was circling around Miles in a flurry of intense cleaning. So much for remaining inconspicuous...

(Ok for starters I added a Schedule in the first post so you guys get a better timeframe to when to check this thread and the fact that I will take Wendesdays of to write a bit for myself so I can prepare a bit without having to worry about needing 2 rooms for that day. With that out of the way I suppose the sound of clashing metal is what you guys want so it's comming right up)

(Might be a bit unfitting but I just couldn't come up with a good choice for the following room <.<)

You decide that you rather go towards the sound of metal rather then the boiling liquids just to not intervene with some abilistys of your allies.

As you enter the room you immediatly feel feel a wave of heat washing over you. The room isn't big but every inch is coverd in smithing gear. Anvils, forges and the likes cover the center while different sets of tools cover the walls.

You look around the room but it seems to be abbandoned but not for long. There is still fire buirning in the forges and on some of the anvils you see unfinished swords, axeheads and other weaponry. Maybe the sounds of combat from you alarmed whoever was working here and they escaped before you could enter.

For now you might be able to take a short rest and make use of some of the equipment here but you shouldn't rest for to long as whoever escaped might come back with reinforcements.

(depending if you guys want to I can cook up another post today you decide)

Jordan entered the room and from seeing all the blacksmith stuff he knew he find any ancient tomes of knowledge,

but perhaps he could find some jewels imbued with magical properties that could be of use to the group.

Unsuprisingly, the tinker decides to use the opportunity for scavenging materials and exchanging broken or worn pieces by new ones. There's not a lot of mechanical components, but all tools needed to make and repair them. While working on his chainclaw, Pih-Dit asks the group: "Do you reckon the blacksmiths who run this place have taken weapons with them before leaving?"

His eyes met with a peculiar container. Upon closer inspection, it is revealed to be a tank of highly flammable substance. Without further ado, the tinker refuels his blazethrower contraption and takes the rest of the charge in reserve.

"Maybe, but I have an idea... Pih, can you make me a handle and crossguard for a one-and-a-half-hand bastard sword?" Myth had found a blade, slightly longer than a long sword, but slightly thinner. Perfect for a bastard sword. (B@stard sword, can be wielded 2 or 1 handed.) He took the blade and sat crossed-legged, drawing the darkness into him, and channeling it through his fingertips. As they touched the blade, it hissed, black 'veins' running through the material. He breathed out, his face pale, and lifted up the now pitch-black blade. "Stygatian steel," he whispered. "I'm drained. I won't be nearly as effective in combat for a while, but a new blade is worth it.

(Things have calmed a bit in my house. My posts might be a bit spotty.)

(Yeah might have been a good Idea cause I didn't intend for the forge to be a long room. My idea was that you guys should hurry the butts up because as I mentioned whoever worked here might return with reinforcement. My plan was you guys grab some stuff make some slight repairs and then you're off again since this isn't the camproom.)

Rhi was not so sure about going that way but they headed in that direction anyway.
To his surprise, it was simply a blacksmith station, it filled his soul with joy and he chuckled. "Finally, a reward!", he dashed forward and started to look for anything that might be useful, browsing through the weapons. Everything looked so big and impossible to wield for that tiny kobold, so he simply walked past the objects. "Well, at least for the bunch of you!" He jumped and sat on an anvil, looking ahead for trouble.

Miles avoided touching or taking any of the items. She stood in the middle of the room and admired the surroundings. "Perhaps we should hurry before whoever these belong to comes back and finds us stealing out from under their nose." 

Boy, was it hot in here.

Pundolf didn't join the others in their stealing, and instead layed on a bunch of tentacles next to Miles enjoying a tall ice cup of cold water. "Want any Miles?" He said, holding up another ice cup.

"Thank you." Miles accepted the cup and lifted up the face of her helmet to take a few sips. Once she had her fill, she braced herself before splashing the remaining liquid on her face and quickly closing the helmet. "EE! MM! AA-HA That's cold! *quick shudder*" 

"That might be a good idea... Miles pulled out a sheet of cloth and carefully wrapped it around the blade, before stashing it away for later. He pulled out his two swords, and waited for the rest of the group to compose themselves. "Can I get a glass too?"

2 minutes ago, Dannyrulx said:

"That might be a good idea... Miles pulled out a sheet of cloth and carefully wrapped it around the blade, before stashing it away for later. He pulled out his two swords, and waited for the rest of the group to compose themselves. "Can I get a glass too?"

[What]

"Sure thing."
Pundolf quickly made, then handed Myth a glass, taking a sip from his own.

Hammerhead looked around. "I dunno... Swords and stuff... Have nothing to do with blowing things up. Which is sorta lame." He shrugged his shoulders, clearly uninterested. "Also, it is hot as hell in here. Probably literally. Uh, just a warning, guys... If this heat triggers any of my bombs, I'll blow up. So, let's get outta this room pretty quick, please. Before I explode." He certainly seemed concerned, but not nearly as concerned as someone who was coated with gunpowder in a room filled with fire.

Archived