[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Myth said nothing. His eyes were darting around, drinking in everything. As an assassin, he'd learned that shutting up and observing often put you at an advatage later.

Oh, and the queen was kinda cute. That too.

(Question, Lipton has 2, Mezukie has legs 6 or 8 is it cause she's queen spider? slay

As Jordan was enjoying his new pocket watch, he tried keeping up with the group as they walked among the sleep spider folk and saw the royal spider queen, but also notice Danny's gaze upon her and could see what lewd thoughts he was thinking

But nonetheless he bowed before like any true gentleman, and let Lipton and her have their conversion.

Aranea looked back over the group once Jasmine said they were friends.  "Oh? I see, so they.. Accompany you through this place. Then Welcome ones who are friends of Jasmine. I must have the names of those in your group that I do not know then. And some of your companions who aren't seen to show their faces. If you don't wish to show your face then we require your blood to identify you. If you do either, you will be a guest in my kingdom and I will welcome you with open arms. If you refuse," her voice was still sweet and float about the room like a song even when her voice was threatening. She motioned to the Venator as if the others would piece together what she means. "I would rather not have my kingdom house guests that I have no identity for. Nor would I want blood shed. But this kingdom is mine and I refuse to have anything falter that," she smiled to the ones who may be either guest or the next lunch depending on their answers and Venator came closer the the group with vials, if they wished to give blood instead.

"My name is Čałüth." Myth bit down hard on his lip to stop himself from giggling, before continuing. "I am a half-dæmon, looking to re-found the order of the black rose." (Čałüth is a folklore character who's name is basically designed to be unpronounceable.)

Miles lifted up her face plate to a point where it would stay open, making her sweat soaked face visible and letting out a few wafts of steam. "My name is Miles. It is a pleasure to meet you, your highness." She punctuated her greeting with another short bow. "Forgive me for not showing my face earlier; this helmet was designed to cover it for protection in battle." The queen seemed to be hospitable to them, but the Steam Knight still hoped that she hadn't said too much or overstepped her bounds, though she remained outwardly calm.

"Order of the black rose? I see," she said as she looked about the one with the hard to pronounce name. Her attention went to miles "The pleasure is mine," she courtesies to the knight. "It is fine, any adventurer that come down here has something for protection," then she walked  over to Manny "Are you related to my kind? You seem like a distant cousin,"

Venator looked at the group. The vials clanked together when he held them up. His other hand went to the knife as he eyed the group, taking count of who was identified and who wasn't.

At first, Rhi was hiding behind Renn, because the sight of cobwebs all around was not a good one, it made him nervous. He thought they were going straight into a spider trap. It turned out to be otherwise, as the spider-person appeared and approached them with not only kindness, but also intelligence. The tiny dragonkin edged a bit to the side to peek into the short "conversation" before departing again, trying to keep up with Renn. For some reason, he felt rather secure that way.

The spider kingdom was something amazing, and Rhi quickly took his small journal to write down some stuff, using a charcoal pencil. And a scribble of the spiderpeople. When they finally arrived to what seemed to be the pyramid and center of the whole place, Rhi was too focused looking around to notice they were at a stop so he bumped against Renn. He yapped lightly and then looked ahead, noticing the queen and her hench-- guard. The kobold gasped as his eyes were lost in what seemed to be a pair of shiny sapphires. He tries to resist the urge to look at them firmly, but he couldn't do it. With a gaping maw, he stared at the spider...ess?

He was hearing the names of many of his friends for the first time, including Myth's, which was literally impossible to comprehend. He was awestruck when the mage of the seas uncovered his head, though. It--HE looked like a fish. But stranger even. He looked really amazing, though... And in some way, cute as well. Suddenly, he felt less frightful of Manny.

When it was his turn to name himself-- or so he thought so, since nobody else seemed to be talking at the moment-- he quickly stood firmly and gulped nervously, staring at the queen... Those EYES. Entranced.

"Umh... Hello there--... No, no...", he corrected himself and started all over again, "Greetings, your highness!" For some reason he went on his knees now and drew his lute to show it to her, smiling. "I'm Rhi-Rhi Ípa! I hail from a nomadic race of Kobolds. And I am just a humble bard, really. I'm fortunate to be in a group that doesn't hate bards, for once."

Aranea smiled at Manny "Any cousin of my kind is always welcome," her eyes went onto the newest member of the group who talked. She stepped over to the bard humming as she went. "A bard you say? I always admired bards. I use to have one, he played lovely melodies," she said as she looked around the room as if entranced by them from memories of the past. Then her attention went back to Rhi-Rhi " I would love to hear you play some time,"

Grell, aware of the regal presence of the queen, bowed down in front of her... as he did to his patrons (follow Grell on Patreon where he makes meat sculptures and art made of blood and guts).

"I am Groot Grell. Gladiator." he did not know what else to say... the next line he says usually indicates that he will fight for his patron's honor... but as it is now, he is "free"... the queen herself is quite mysterious... will she turn on us or will she be an ally... he kept his guard up... too many spider folk to take on...

Spoiler

Jordan took a silenced pistol and shot the queen right threw the head almost like it had happened before in a alternate dimension almost like  she was always destined to die first in any dimension so it had to be done to keep balance. :^)

Jordan was up next in line, had a bit of a snickers at Rhi introduction to the queen, but he went onward to introduce himself to her "Ello the name's Jordan, temporal wizard at your service" he bowed again for a 2nd time, "We are honored to be in the presences of a royal queen, your beauty is quite...divine."

Quentin stared in horror as his group just submitted one after the other. Even the less ethical personalities had. Surely he wasn't the only one to hear, "But they aren't being killed for the food supply, why is that?They would all be fighting for their lives right now if not for Jasmine. These spiders were no allies. No. No. No. These were any other dungeon inhabitants!

He couldn't just ignore his party's choice on the matter, but he couldn't just take of his mask either. He wore it for a reason! His raspy breathing was soon becoming louder and louder and faster and faster. 

Araneas' gaze went to the gladiator "Well met gladiator Grell," she proceeded to courtesy as she had done to Miles. The attention was then taken to Jordan " The honor is mine to have such lovely company with me at this time, especially one so kind. It is a nice change to what we usually get," she smiled. Breathing soon became apparent and she signaled out one of the members of the group. "Is your party member in need of assistance?"

The tinker doesn't get to introduce himself by the looks of it. Yet, he wonders if his amour propre would have defended itself through his word choice, or if the revelations just then would have jumbled his words. Either would have made him look bad at best, and assured his special spot in the food hord at worst. In order to keep himself from such a faux pas, he doesn't comment on the intimitading soldiers either.

Archived