[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

(I meant Myth. Whoops.)

Myth dribbled some water over his face, then promptly downed the lot. "Well, let's go then. I've got a blade, the tinkerer's got whatever he needs and there's no point in forcing Miles to stand around in heavy armour in this heat."

Grell took his time using the forge to strengthen his tools and reinforce his wolf hide with the strong leather that was around... he went to cleaning his other gear and emptying his pockets of lint... in one of his pockets, he found some paper and charcoal... he wrote an apology and an I.O.U. letter and left it on the the workshop's cork board... he also shelled out 2 gold pieces he got as change for his purchase of the restoration potions in it too...

Grell eyes his companions and makes a motion to not touch the measly 2 gold pieces he left... like anyone would be so low as to take 2 bits...

Myth was that low. He swiped the coins and wrote another I.O.U to the forge owners. 

Spoiler

If he gets the bastard blade:

Passive: Žadrūck. Named after his father, the blade is forged from the same material as the twins, with the same effects.

Hamstring: Not necessarily done on the hamstrings, on mortal enemies Myth can slice through tendons and muscles. It cripples and or hurts a hell of a lot.

Dual: By shifting to a two-ha ded grip, Myth can put enough strength behind his blows to clash swords with his enemies, using the same techniques as his dances. Enters a 'dual' stance with an opponent. Myth can duel two people at once.

Coup de Grace: Myth can do this regardless of weaponry.

Guard break: Myth can hack and slash through the guards of enemies, breaking the defense and brutally attacking, using quick but powerful slashes to deal death.

Unchain: When mortally wounded, Myth can remove his stygatian chain necklace, unchaining himself.

Renn walks around searching for things to get. But not having much space, he doesn't take anything other than a...peculiar looking arrow. 

The Arrowhead is coverd in something highly flammable.

He squeezes it in the quiver, thinking about showing it to the tinkerer when they have a moment of pause

The Steam Knight stepped in front of Mythril, arms crossed. "Myth, but the two bits back." ... "Please." She sounded more annoyed than anything else, but was definitely serious. She figured she'd try asking nicely first, then, if he didn't put them back, she would ask not so nicely.

Rhi loved the heat, he was completely fine in that place, but he was aware that some had very flammable objects or stuff that could react violently with too much heat or fire even. And Miles inside that armor! He interrupted his idle whistling and stood up on top of the anvil. "Maybe... We should get moving!" he saw Renn passing by and chuckled, jumping down and noticing the peculiar arrow he was putting away. "Oh hey... What's with that arrow you found?", he seemed to be fidgeting, hands behind his back.

10 hours ago, Dannyrulx said:

Hide contents

Unchain: When mortally wounded, Myth can remove his stygatian chain necklace, unchaining himself.

(is this one of those anime things where you were wearing a necklace so that your true powers were concealed because fights were too boring and they only come out if you take off your armor/special trinket?)

"Yes. Very ready. Let's go please." Hammerhead looked over at Miles. "How are you not... Melting?"

(Ok seems like everyone got what they need so lets go on)

You quickly grab what you need and make haste as you don't want to risk another fight after the last one.

On his way out Jordan notices a very peculiar pocket watch as it seems to be so out of place. Before anyone can notice he snaggs the watch and puts it in his pockets.

As you walk through the corridors you notice that there seems to be no fork in the road this time. Instead the hallways get more and more coverd by cobwebs. Not in a hindering way but it was concerning.

As you enter the next room you find yourself in a big cavern. Just like before there is a small layer of cobwebs all over the stones and walls.

You carefully traverse the cave ready to fight anything that might crawl up out of these caves.

After a few uneventfull minutes you suddenly hear something. It was a barely noticeable sound but it was there. The scuttle of many legs against the cold stone walls. You make yourself ready to fight whatever might come at you.

What you see however wasn't what you expected. Suddenly your surrounded by a lot of wierd mixcreatures similar to the batmonster before. The upper body was humenoid however it also shared features of the lower body. That one belonged to a spider. The creatures don't look agressive however they are all armed with very dangerous looking spears. The tip of each one of them is coverd in a strange liquid probably poison.

One of the creatures walks forward. He looks like a battlehardned veteran as his upper body and his face are coverd in many scars showing that he survived many battles. He looks through your group until his eyes gaze on Jasmine. He raises an eyebrow but says not a single word. After he looked at each one of you he turns around and makes a gesture towards you to follow him. Since you still have the other warriors in your back you decide that it's best to follow him for now.

He leads you through multiple caves you notice that there seems to be a small civilisation of these spiderpeople living down here. You see what appears to be small marketplaces and houses all other important parts of a community.

Some of the other members seem quite impressed by the fact that a fully developed civilisation could grow in a place like this.

After a few more caverns you finally reach the destination of your journey. A rather large cavern with a big pyramid like structure in the middle of it. Ontop of the structure stand two spiderhumans. One of them clearly seems to be the ruler of this place. The other one seems to be a bodyguard.

As you apporach the pyramid the pair turns around looking at your group

(and at this point I like to summon @Mezukie into this thread. Hope you guys like the surpise)

"Ah, I see we have trespassers. But they aren't being killed for the food supply, why is that?" The one sitting on the throne asked as her voice sounded sweet like honey yet commanding in such a way that showed her position. Her eyes were bright as if light were hitting them in such a way they could be mistaken for sapphires, looking over the group with confusion as why they would be brought to her. Her gaze set on Jasmine and here eyes soften. "Oh? A cousin to us, now I understand," She stood the dress on her flowed around her body in a way that complimented it, even the spider part as silk was layered around and the end were embroidered with patterns. The dress was different colors of purple with some light blues here and there, it looks as if it was freshly made and may have been. She walked towards the group, her posture showed how she was raised up to be in this position yet her eager vibe showed that she was still new to it all in a way, her legs danced across the floor as she hummed. Once in front of the group her focus was only on Jasmine. "I greet you cousin spider, may I have your name? The ones who follow you must be your pets I assume," The guard that was next to her walked over and made sure the group knew not to get close as he stood a bit more in front of the ruler, he only had on metal plates that seemed to be loosely put on his limbs and a knife hung at his side, his hand seemed abnormal with claws unlike the others. " My lady, please do not get close to the new comers, we have no idea what they are here for," with that the queen seemed to stand back a bit but her posture was still inviting for conversation yet the guard still seemed tense at the new comers and stood his ground, looking for any sudden movements. At one of the guests bow the Queen smiled "Ah this one knows how  to act, may I ask your name too? Oh but it would be rude of course not to introduce myself first, I am Aranea Queen of my people as you may already know, this here is Venator, my body guard if you will," her eyed looked over the rest of the group.

(And here is your picture ref for her and the guard, a random spider there too.

Spoiler

Aranea and Venator.jpeg

)

"What makes you think I'm not?" Miles replied to Hammerhead before the left.

~A Few Spider Tunnels Later~

The Steam Knight bows briefly at the waist as the Spider Queen approached. She didn't touch her weapons, not wanting to cause any provocation, and kept silent. She knew it would be best if Jasmine did the talking. Hopefully SOMEBODY *cough Mythril cough* would realize this too and keep his mouth shut.

The tinker feels a bit humiliated. Pets?! If anything, he's the worker minion! But the foolish-friendly introduction of the sovereign calmed him enough to not screw the entire group over. Then again, the Wizard of the Deep is doing that right now.

Going through the tunnels, Renn...was shivering in fear. He tried to hide it but well, his arachnophobia was hitting hard on him. Yes sure, meeting Jasmine he mostly overcame his fear. But she was humanoid. Animal spiders are...different. 

They are so......

legs

But luckily for him, the inhabitants were human-spiders. That was really good news!

However he stays silent to not cause any misunderstanding 

Jasmine gazed up at her towering counterpart with a momentary look of surprise as she was greeted with open arms. "Jasmine," she said with ease. Her eyes darted between Aranea and her guard. "Don't mind us, we're just passing through. These are..." She turned around, gesturing hesitantly to her group. "These are my friends."

She attempts to use her identity to give the party a chance to be seen in a better light. 

Archived