Shipwrecked Build 170972 - March 23rd

Well, this is a shame. I'm on day 235 and have built my entire base around the monkey ball in the chest. It's one thing to give users options, but it's another to strip them away. That was a good tactic if you wanted to use it, but you didn't have to use it. Now, we don't even have the option of using it. I guess I'll wall it back in if I ever come back to that save, but this is off-putting enough to make me feel like it's time to take a break from this game.

That, along with the gear change, and the poison nerf are a turn off. Not all of us have 100s of hours to dump into games, and sometimes it's nice to have tons of options for handling different situations in a game. The minority who complains about these things are the type of people who always complain to get their way. It's just a shame.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dumbguy said:

Well, this is a shame. I'm on day 235 and have built my entire base around the monkey ball in the chest. It's one thing to give users options, but it's another to strip them away. That was a good tactic if you wanted to use it, but you didn't have to use it. Now, we don't even have the option of using it. I guess I'll wall it back in if I ever come back to that save, but this is off-putting enough to make me feel like it's time to take a break from this game.

That, along with the gear change, and the poison nerf are a turn off. Not all of us have 100s of hours to dump into games, and sometimes it's nice to have tons of options for handling different situations in a game. The minority who complains about these things are the type of people who always complain to get their way. It's just a shame.

Yeah the change made me insanely angry last night because of the same scenario.

All the new changes to the apes pretty much make them useless. not good for farms, not good as friends, not good on their own, etc.

I'd rather build bunny hutches. And I hate bunnymen. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

All the new changes to the apes pretty much make them useless. not good for farms, not good as friends, not good on their own, etc.

Extremely frustrating. Why even have the apes in there now? They were critical to the base I was building, and they've been a vital piece of many other player's bases.

I've never used a single mod in this game, but I am hoping someone mods this back in. Huge misstep by the devs. You should never take options away which completely change the gameplay. I understand adding other options, and letting players choose their strategy, but this is the exact opposite.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Also for reference I'm a webber main. Building Bunny Hutches/Pig Houses for me is like smacking yourself. I will still do that over building Ape Huts. 

44 minutes ago, dumbguy said:

bla bla bla

Adapting to situations instead of whining and demanding devs change stuff is something that I wish more players did. Maybe this way we wouldn't have had nerfs to Poision, Warly etc.

Screenshot (131).png

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, TeoSS69 said:

Adapting to situations instead of whining and demanding devs change stuff is something that I wish more players did. Maybe this way we wouldn't have had nerfs to Poision, Warly etc.

Screenshot (131).png

Listen, kid. Some of us less entitled folk actually work and don't have all day to sit on the internet and complain for the devs to make these changes in the first place. You didn't even read my post, which I said I would do the above if I returned to the game. The fact is that only a select few people wanted this change, and the devs listened to them over the countless people who did not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dumbguy said:

You didn't even read my post

Don't usually read whinny posts. Got me.

5 minutes ago, dumbguy said:

The fact is that only a select few people wanted this change,

It was reported as a bug, because Monkeys turned brain dead around a SMB when it was placed in backpacks in chests. They stopped reacting to the world.

3 minutes ago, dumbguy said:

kid.

entitled

totes cool IRL i swer un me mum

Cute.

• Like 4

To the folks complaining about the monkey balls change, do you realize you can wall the monkey balls in for the same effect?

Also, why build your entire base around a glitch? Why are they so critical and what effect can't be achieved by walling the ball in?

Edited by Moon64
  • Like 5

Is there anything new about Seaworthy, left umentioned?
Today I wanted to dismerge my two worlds - RoG one (rip Wendy 320 days) and SW one (Wes, something like 10 days), because totally new caves were generated, so I lost my progress (whole map discovered, 70 bee boxes and huge underground base).
And you know what? There is no "dismerge" button, like it was there before! Darn it ;_;

• Developer
Just now, lunaturret said:
  • All tree types can now be planted in both worlds.

Im really confused about this as i'm not sure that you can jump to different worlds could someone please explain this to me id be very grateful.

Using the Sea-Worthy, you'll be able to carry tree saplings from RoG worlds to SW world and vice-versa. The Sea-Worthy can be randomly found in SW and crafted in the magic tab in RoG worlds linked to SW.

• Like 1

• Developer

Pushed a patch with some changes & bug fixes.

Patch 171202 - March 24th

Changes

• Poison now lasts 3 days (up from 1)
    • Total damage dealt increased from 98 to 289.
  • Poison damage now starts off low and ramps up over time.
  • Poison can now be cured with an venom gland at the cost of 80 hp.
    • If you have less than 80 hp, ingesting an venom gland will instead leave you with 5 hp remaining.
  • Increased the chance for venom glands to drop from poison snakes.
  • Increased the amount of durability restored by gears.

Bug Fixes:

• Abigail no longer stops following you when entering a boat.
  • Fixed a crash caused by pengulls.
  • Cobblestone recipe reverted in non-shipwrecked games.
  • Birds will no longer have a pirate hat when placed in the birdcage.
  • Like 12

I feel like we're missing a potential "Three Little Pigs" scenario with wind being unable to destroy houses altogether now. I know to most it was probably a nuisance but I mean come on, it's a hurricane, the season was already nerfed with hail being unable to damage and destroy things (probably for the best since there's no repair mechanic for things that aren't walls), but at some point maybe a third type of pig housing should be considered that would be 100% resilient. It could be made of stone walls and obsidian perhaps and spawn a fancier looking pig (with a monocle and a smug demeanor).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Using the Sea-Worthy, you'll be able to carry tree saplings from RoG worlds to SW world and vice-versa. The Sea-Worthy can be randomly found in SW and crafted in the magic tab in RoG worlds linked to SW.

Thank you so much i finally understand alot of the updates. Need to backtrack now on a few things regarding the Sea-Worthy i appreciate your time in sending this message have a great day or night.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bryce said:

• Fixed a crash caused by pengulls.

Ah, so THAT is what could have cause my problem last night. Thank you for the hotfix!

I'm also okay with the poison changes. 3 days still threatening, but if you can constantly heal yourself and keep sane, it deserves to be cured. Cool that venom gland cures it too!

• Like 2

On 3/23/2016 at 1:53 PM, Bryce said:

• Poison can now be cured with an antivenom gland at the cost of 80 hp.
    • If you have less than 80 hp, ingesting an antivenom gland will instead leave you with 5 hp remaining.
  • Increased the chance for antivenom glands to drop from poison snakes.

Actually there is no such thing as antivenom gland in the game... Only a venom gland full of poisonous venom...

• Like 1

• Developer
44 minutes ago, NoQuitting said:

Actually there is no such thing as antivenom gland in the game... Only a venom gland full of poisonous venom...

Heh, woops. Well it kinda functions as an antivenom gland.