December 10th Update (cavesbeta only)

No code for the beta is required, as it is a public branch. That number we post is the build id, so that players can make sure they are on the correct version. To switch to the branch, simply go into the properties window in Steam for Don't Starve Together and then on the Betas tab select cavesbeta from the dropdown box. You'll need to make sure the game is closed to be able to switch branches.

Mm.

It's weird because in my Library, I have "Don't Starve Together Be... (Obviously beta)[cavesbeta]

however, nothing in the worlds or menus has changed for me. Are only certain worlds capable of having caves as of now?

• Developer

Willow is, in fact, holding a flaming skull in her Guest of Honor portrait. This does lead to questions about exactly what type of event she's attending...

Clearly Liz has never been to one of my parties.

i found my collections are gone in DST but not in steam inventory.

is it because is an old save file? should delete it and start the new one?

This happened to me as well. The problem fixed itself about 15 minutes after I updated. You may want to verify integrity of game cache.

Hm. Does anyone know if game files are synced with the Steam Cloud? The only other thing I recall doing before the problem fixed itself was going into Offline Mode and restarting Steam.

The Together version does not use steam cloud.

I am not sure how this reproduces but I know that catcoon dens are bugged at the moment as they stop spawning catcoons after some time even though they are intact ( you know after 9 catcoon spawning they dont spawn anymore. It is not like this. Despite their den is intact, they dont come out of their den).

This is same for my server and for other servers.. One of the admins in my server also confirmed this bug as she constantly plays in different servers and she said she sees this problem.. Do I need to provide log files? If yes I can post some of the log history of my server like last 2-3 weeks.

Do catcoon dens permanently stop respawning in DST?  I thought they get a new cat after one season's length or when spring arrives, whichever is later.  And I've seen people (mostly Wigfrids) hunt the catcoons on your server, so I suspect they're just temporarily out of lives.  That said...

if TheWorld.state.summer ~= "summer" then

Line 98 of catcoonden.lua should probably be checking TheWorld.state.season, not TheWorld.state.summer

Okay, I ran a little experiment and it looks like the catcoons return home when it rains but they don't come back out again.  They'll come out if the server saves, shuts down and starts up again, but dedicated servers seldom do so.  And no, even setting their home on fire won't kick them out.  I'll look up the source code in a bit to see if I can find the problem.

Do catcoon dens permanently stop respawning in DST?  I thought they get a new cat after one season's length or when spring arrives, whichever is later.  And I've seen people (mostly Wigfrids) hunt the catcoons on your server, so I suspect they're just temporarily out of lives.  That said...

if TheWorld.state.summer ~= "summer" then

Line 98 of catcoonden.lua should probably be checking TheWorld.state.season, not TheWorld.state.summer

Okay, I ran a little experiment and it looks like the catcoons return home when it rains but they don't come back out again.  They'll come out if the server saves, shuts down and starts up again, but dedicated servers seldom do so.  And no, even setting their home on fire won't kick them out.  I'll look up the source code in a bit to see if I can find the problem.

This is true if you restart server, they come out.. After some time they disappear and it is not related to your first comment. I mentioned before this comment that catcoon dens are intact but they dont spawn any catcoon. Cuz when you kill catcoons 9 times their stump looks different which means that those stumps wont spawn any more catcoon but the stumps in my server were all intact and not really people excessively hunt catcoons unless the base is in front of a catcoon stump.

I waited in the area for 2-3 days to see if any of them to comes out but nope not happening.

Especially, since now server crashes do not even happening, server restarts itself from updates to updates and lately updates are not even happening in 2 weeks so server goes without shutting down itself up to 2 weeks.

The collection screen now groups your items by type, so it’ll be easier to see when you have duplicates.

This is really helpful! I would love it even more if the collection would group items by rarity and afterwards by type.

Also, for some reason, my Wilson outfit always resets. I select my items, hit Confirm Outift and when I come back to his Loadout the previous outfit is gone. The loadouts for the other characters are saved fine.

This is really helpful! I would love it even more if the collection would group items by rarity and afterwards by type.

Also, for some reason, my Wilson outfit always resets. I select my items, hit Confirm Outift and when I come back to his Loadout the previous outfit is gone. The loadouts for the other characters are saved fine.

Are you playing as default-outfit-Wilson on a server somewhere? I find that my loadout tends to reset itself to whatever outfit I wore as that character most recently. (But sometimes it just forgets the outfit entirely; I can't seem to get Woodie's blue lumberjack shirt to stay on in the loadout.)

Archived