December 10th Update (cavesbeta only)

Can you post your OS? I'm assuming you're playing on Linux, if so could you let me know which version, and if you recently changed your filesystem. Thanks!

Happens to me as well. Two unknown mods in the server mods list.

I have Windows 7.

I deleted my save folder and they are still there.

• Developer
How do you get these new  "character skins"? By unwrapping a gift like normally?

Yeah, just like any other gift that you receive playing on the cavebeta Steam branch.

Nope, just plain Windows 10.

Good to know thanks. We'll look into the issue. 

• Developer

Just throwin' down a hotfix, v159984 on CavesBeta:

• Dedicated servers now don’t crash when processing dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua with bad syntax.

• Shows an error on startup if you don't have permissions for the save directory (rather than getting an error later after trying to join a game).

• Got rid of needlessly pink beefalo bums during non-mating season.

Some visual stuff I noticed in the update,

In new (and well done!) character select screen, the character mouse-hover floats over the scrolling bar to the right, as shown on the image attached, preventing you from scrolling over the half of scroller's width.

post-592125-0-45022100-1449877278_thumb.

Also Beaver invisibility bug is back! Wooooooooooooooo!

post-592125-0-19372100-1449878290_thumb.

-art

Just throwin' down a hotfix, v159984 on CavesBeta:

• Dedicated servers now don’t crash when processing dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua with bad syntax.

• Shows an error on startup if you don't have permissions for the save directory (rather than getting an error later after trying to join a game).

another visual glitch is when you pick stuff of craft something there is a hand moving animation. The traces of the hand movement becomes permanent as long as character is doing the animation.

doh! That's peculiar. Did you happen to start an old save game? Or do you have any other specifics about when or how it was triggered?

Thanks!

Hey Peter! don't know if it was the case, image is taken from ClwnBaby's stream, he might help you with more info. As far as I understand he was doing something with console to get himself revived before incident :p (tsk tsk), then failed miserably and had to shutdown and re-launch servers. Ask him if he can recall more stuff.

Um why...?

How do you know if he doesn't have a new beard hair style? 

it is to be seen funny. It does not exactly have to be exclusive to wigfrid. Bald form of any char would be fun. For example i really wanna see a bald wolfgang reason is I love first wolfgang's look as it was funny.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dont-starve-game/images/2/23/Wolfgang_Alpha.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/117?cb=20140408175812

I dont think that char really looks different even his beard will be like same i guess. I did not really see too much change in that one. If all char skins are like this its the reason to get disappointed cuz i also saw willow skin on forums and it was nearly same as original model.

Hi !

I still stuck at this step when I try to launch a local dedicated server :

For the slave :

[00:00:44]: [SHARD] Sending slave information to master...[00:00:44]: [SHARD] Registering in lobby as a slave server...[00:01:25]: CURL ERROR: Failed to connect to lobby.c.kleientertainment.com port 443: Timed out[00:01:25]: Failed to send shard broadcast message

For the master :

[00:00:44]: [SHARD] Slave 'caves(12345678)' connected from [LAN] IP: 127.0.0.1

I used this config :

For the slave :

[STEAM]DISABLECLOUD = true[MISC]CONSOLE_ENABLED = trueautocompiler_enabled = true[network]offline_server = truelan_only_server = truedefault_server_name = TEST Servergame_mode = survivalserver_password = 6Z2GfbveQRaDeaenable_autosaver = truemax_players = 10tick_rate = 15enable_vote_kick = falsedefault_server_description = Welcomepause_when_empty = trueserver_port = 11000server_intention = cooperative[shard]shard_enable = trueis_master = falsemaster_ip = 127.0.0.1master_port = 11001shard_name = cavescluster_key = dstshard_id = 12345678

For the master :

[STEAM]DISABLECLOUD = true[MISC]CONSOLE_ENABLED = trueautocompiler_enabled = true[network]offline_server = truelan_only_server = truedefault_server_name = TEST Servergame_mode = survivalserver_password = enable_autosaver = truemax_players = 10tick_rate = 15enable_vote_kick = falsedefault_server_description = Welcomepause_when_empty = trueserver_port = 10999server_intention = cooperative[shard]shard_enable = trueis_master = truemaster_port = 11001cluster_key = dstshare_id = 12345678

Regards.

log_master.txt

log_slave.txt

Main Build: none

Beta Build: 159717 159984

Changes

• Some screens have been adjusted to accommodate the addition of new collection item types

• The collection screen now groups your items by type, so it’ll be easier to see when you have duplicates.

• Some new collection items have been added.

• We’ve also updated the asset loading process and the way that clothing items are rendered.

Hotfix:

The Beta Build code thingy is invalid. 

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I put in the extra same thing.

We've got the attacking-up one

I still see Wilson have his hair warp when attacking stuff and you are looking at the back of his head.

Also, I don't know if it's just me but Wilson's beard (look at the 15 days long beard) acts like it has 5 FPS during the idle/funny_idle animations, also when looking at Wilson's back.

• Developer
The Beta Build code thingy is invalid

No code for the beta is required, as it is a public branch. That number we post is the build id, so that players can make sure they are on the correct version. To switch to the branch, simply go into the properties window in Steam for Don't Starve Together and then on the Betas tab select cavesbeta from the dropdown box. You'll need to make sure the game is closed to be able to switch branches.

Archived