DST Beta Update (Phase 1) - Sept 22nd

JoeW

My interpretation of it was it'll start off with friends and family such as Seth's old survival camp buddy and Kevin's grandma for this week. Next week or week after that will be beta applicators during 2-4 weeks than the non-applicators will get a chance, Everyone will get a key as he said 2mil, probably 27 family and friends players, 80k applicators X 3 is 160K so we'll get beta acess evantually.

Good to see an update on the condition for the beta keys. Hope the friends and family of Klei have a fun time. Just make sure they don't starve to death or accidentally stumble into a spider nest before they actually get the know the game if they are new to it ;)

Or don't, after all, dying is all part of the learning (and bug testing) experience  :ghost:

My only regret is not having modding skills, I wanted to make a few characters, they'd be even more fun in DST.

If you have some fleshed out ideas for characters, you could probably pitch them to anyone who's putting out character mods already. Or post them on the Mods and Tools forum. I might even try my hand at making some, I've made some small mods but anything that touches the art assets seems more difficult for me.

So, if you are given a friend key, and your friend uses that key, it will increase your chances of receiving more keys. 

Oh. Well since 75% of my friends on Steam have DS and would try DST with me and with eachother, not to mention the folks of the Dapper Den are still a thing, you can just hand over like 10-15 keys already! XD

Hi, i would just like to know if you maybe could put it out now and then just update it in small bits? Cause it seems to be working just fine from PAX and from what ive seen on streams and stuff. So why not just put it out now? It looks absolutely great! Cause from what ive seen from PAX and streams looks like its completely done. It can be some art or some stuff for the game needs to be done. But you don't need to fix and create everything just from the start.. Just update it in small bits. Thats what 90 percent from them who make games does.. I don't want you to be those small 10 percent.. And theres millions of people begging this to happen! Update it now they beg to klei. But it has been more than 4 months and youve almost just started.. 

For all of you that are like "I'm so sad I didn't get in I love don't starve"( @Miron737 @KidneyBeanBoy ) and such, this is PHASE 1! If you didn't read this post, as it says in phase one it's only friends and family. So unless you related to Klei in some way, shape or form your not going to be in on phase. Phase 2 however, it said they will accept the beta applicants, in short bursts. I'd estimate phase 2 ( if testing goes well) well be in "play"( Get it? Play, Klei? :) ) around late September or early October.

Archived