DST Beta Update (Phase 1) - Sept 22nd

JoeW

I really hope I will be one of the first players to get in. This waiting is killing me.

By the way if 2 million codes has been generated and 80 thousand people made an application then I guess everybody who applied (and other 1 920 000 players) will be able to play beta right?

How long till the first people will actually get the access? I'm getting kinda annoyed by waiting this long. Even if I don't get to play first, I can watch some other people play it, until I get access.

PHASE 2,PHASE 2, PHASE 2!!!!!! I didn't get accepted!

(I'm hoping the second quote is joking, but just in case)

"How and when are keys being given out?"

2 Million keys have been generated (Yes, 2 million), and while we are quite itchy to get them out, we have some things to take care of first.

Phase 1 - "Friends and Family"
This week, we will start by giving keys to people we know from as far and wide as possible. This is what is usually called “Friends & Family beta” and is done to help us find any major issues that we might have overlooked before sending it out to the general public. 

Phase 2 - "Beta Registration Applicants"
Shortly after that, we will extend that circle out a bit more by bringing in people who registered for beta. We will be letting in small groups of people at first. As we prove that we are able to support the load, we will increase these numbers. 

We do not have a defined timeline for how often groups will be invited or how large those groups will be. This will be determined entirely by our ability to support the amount of people coming in and what needs to be done in order for everybody to have the smoothest experience possible.

We are still in "this week" or "Phase 1" and Klei has not released any more information publicly at the time of this reply.

When they do, you will hear about it (including from all the people mentioning they have beta keys I'm betting!). F&F members are not talking about it and i can't say anything else about them either.  

Be patient a little longer; it's almost here for the forumers! 

Last time they gave us a predicted date, a bunch of people got mad because they were slightly off. But phase 1 is still in progress.

I am totally agree with you. Everyone going crazy because "end of summer". End of summer was few days ago. And phase 1 is this week, this week is not over yet. Next week still few people from that form coming in game so this is going slow if we want a smooth experience in this extension.

I am totally agree with you. Everyone going crazy because "end of summer". End of summer was few days ago. And phase 1 is this week, this week is not over yet. Next week still few people from that form coming in game so this is going slow if we want a smooth experience in this extension.

Reason be is that "end of summer" is way to vague. They could have said "...eh, around September 20th."

Archived