DST Beta Update (Phase 1) - Sept 22nd

JoeW

So phase one is done? Cause I'm confused. If the phase one is done, when was that? And when exactly will phase two be done? Devs, come on, give us the specific dates, or at least your predictions of them!!!

We are still in "this week" or "Phase 1" and Klei has not released any more information publicly at the time of this reply.

When they do, you will hear about it (including from all the people mentioning they have beta keys I'm betting!). F&F members are not talking about it and i can't say anything else about them either.  

Be patient a little longer; it's almost here for the forumers! 

*I will not bang my head on a brick wall.  I will not bang my head on a brick wall. I will not.....* ;)

*I will not bang my head on a brick wall. I will not bang my head on a brick wall. I will not.....* ;)

I feel intimidated! Second time now, don't judge me. I barely understand it even now. Long story, short, I'm Latvian and all though I've been in England for over 4 years, I'm still trying to understand phrases that are written. Sometimes there are phrases which even English people themselves doesn't understand. I had read that phase 1 thing over and over again and didn't get it. So far I have three theories of what that means (yes, I'm so bad at understanding, I'm literally making three whole theories about that simple sentence), so tell me which one is right or if all of them are wrong, in which case explain it to me in different words... Please...

Theory 1: "currently in phase one" meaning that devs are moving towards giving DST beta to their F&F

Theory 2: "currently in phase one" meaning that devs have given DST beta to some of their relatives, while still handing them out and once that's done, they'll start moving towards phase two

Theory 3: "currently in phase one" meaning that devs have given out DST beta to their relatives to have a go at, and once some bits and bobs are done for the beta (some bug fixes) they'll move to phase 2

See what I mean? Because from what I read there and from what people said in the posts, totally lost me on phase one.

I feel intimidated! Second time now, don't judge me. I barely understand it even now. Long story, short, I'm Latvian and all though I've been in England for over 4 years, I'm still trying to understand phrases that are written. Sometimes there are phrases which even English people themselves doesn't understand. I had read that phase 1 thing over and over again and didn't get it. So far I have three theories of what that means (yes, I'm so bad at understanding, I'm literally making three whole theories about that simple sentence), so tell me which one is right or if all of them are wrong, in which case explain it to me in different words... Please...

Theory 1: "currently in phase one" meaning that devs are moving towards giving DST beta to their F&F

Theory 2: "currently in phase one" meaning that devs have given DST beta to some of their relatives, while still handing them out and once that's done, they'll start moving towards phase two

Theory 3: "currently in phase one" meaning that devs have given out DST beta to their relatives to have a go at, and once some bits and bobs are done for the beta (some bug fixes) they'll move to phase 2

See what I mean? Because from what I read there and from what people said in the posts, totally lost me on phase one.

all you really need to know as far as being confused about that is "currently in phase one" means "not yet in phase two." I think you understand the English language just fine, you just WAY over-think it.

I want to play multiplayer with my friend. we have original Dont Starve Steam game. i was registration for beta server when start first application. but i cannot take the beta closed key. i dont understand these. really this bad for me. I want to play multi with my friend guys. 

I want to play multiplayer with my friend. we have original Dont Starve Steam game. i was registration for beta server when start first application. but i cannot take the beta closed key. i dont understand these. really this bad for me. I want to play multi with my friend guys. 

At least you have friends who want to play it. I have friends who either don't care or don't want to play it yet. (I find that reasonable but I've been waiting for this and now no one wants to play it so it feels like I had used up a summer for nothing.

Your Theory 2 and Theory 3 are basically both correct (from what I understood). "currently in Phase 1" means they have already given out DST beta to some of their friends and family. Those F&F are giving them feedback while they are fixing problems and bugs that they ALREADY know about. Once they are satisfied that the game is in strong working order, they will move on to Phase 2.

Phase 2 means that they need people to REALLY play hard and find any problems they didn't know existed. That is where all of us come in. That is the part where they will start giving out small amounts of keys to the people who signed up for the beta.

Edited for clarity purposes.  Also, is this a thing we are supposed to do?  list reasons for an edit?  I've never been clear on that.

I'll never get Portugese tenses or also known as "participles" either, so I can get the intricacies of something that looks completely confusing even when you get the basics of some new language (and my Spanish still stinks anyway.)

Always let somebody know if the language is foreign just in case ( as I get how confusing present participles are myself.) "Currently in phase one" meant we are in the Friends and family phase this week and public keys have not been sent out yet. "Shortly after that" this will happen:

Phase 2 - "Beta Registration Applicants"

Shortly after that, we will extend that circle out a bit more by bringing in people who registered for beta. We will be letting in small groups of people at first. As we prove that we are able to support the load, we will increase these numbers. 

. Thank you for taking the time and reading the previous info! That's a big plus in my book (or to translate the idiom, a good thing!)

I have been hyped for DST since the entire prospect was released to the public months ago. Poor me thought it would be a rather short process. Sadly, I was wrong, and the waiting is killing me! I can't wait for Phase 2 to launch, I expect great things from this, Klei, and I am almost positive you won't let me down.

Oh look, I've migrated to this post... :wilsoncj::yaymultipl:

The BETA hype is real. My brother, his best friend, my best friend, and I are pumped to play it.  :juggling:

I have been hyped for DST since the entire prospect was released to the public months ago. Poor me thought it would be a rather short process. Sadly, I was wrong, and the waiting is killing me! I can't wait for Phase 2 to launch, I expect great things from this, Klei, and I am almost positive you won't let me down.

(Imagine how hyped Klei people must feel right now too?)

Welcome to the party everybody! hope we all can attend soon! 

Don't Starve Together -- Multiplayer Alpha Officially Coming Summer Winter 2014

Winter is in December, summer ended like 1 week ago in Canada! Phase 1 ended today. Phase 2 can't start in December. But for the drama you can say winter 2015 because in february is still winter.

Archived