When and why did you start playing Don't Starve?

Mid November 2012. The latest update added gobblers, which was probably the first of what would eventually be many attempts to curtail berry farming (at the time, there was no fertilizing or rotting mechanic, so all you had to do was transplant a bunch of berry bushes to your base for infinite food).

Early novenber, so I looked it up and I joined right before The birds and the bees and the dogs that want to kill you update. First hound attack sent me crazy: "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!!!". I never saw a pig before that happened.

Edit: Early november 2012

I started playing when a canadian guy, the best and the real guy, showed it to me. It was quite fun to see, so a few weeks later I bought it. Back then, I didn't know of the amazing modding API (in Lua as well ^^).

It goes without saying that I don't regret anything.

The only guy, the best guy, also introduced me to DS. I got it around Strange New Powers. It's gotta be said.

Euhh... June 2013 I want to say. If Steam would actually tell me when the game was gifted to me, that would be great. It might have been before, I just know it was a rather early birthday gift. I'd heard of it before because of some friends in my regular Skype call playing it but I didn't have the dosh to get it. 

I don't remember exactly when I started playing, but I'm pretty sure at least the Strange New Powers update was already in there, as Willow already had her lighter. I stopped playing after some time and months later I started playing again, much later than the Where there's a Wilson... update, maybe a month or two ago.

I'm not even sure when exactly that was, but it was right before the gobblers were added I think, so around October-November-ish 2012.

EDIT: Okay, Steam tells me it was the 16. Nov. 2012. Horray for detailed descriptions as to when a person buys stuff. I saw it earlier on streams and stuff, decided to test it a bit, that's why I have it earlier in memory.

I believe I got this game back in December of 2012 for my birthday. I watched Yogscast play them and a guy named GenerikB. I was soooooooo into it back then. A make believe survival game with a hint of story? Heck yes! I loved it and still do. I'm glad to see this game doing so well after all this time since the beta. 

Ah, I picked it up this last Christmas but it had been in my wishlist for awhile. I saw AishaNeko playing it and though it looked really cool but I forgot about it again for a long time. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon it again but I'm forever grateful that I did.

Archived