Holy Cow the Yogscast!

Well it seems to be doing very well on steam currently, so part of that might be thanks to Yogscast.

Yep. I recall that it had been holding steady at around 17-18th top selling game on Steam for a while, and now it's shot up to 8th.

<- Mindcrack awareness (Etho and Generikb). I watched TB's vid shortly after though and it doesn't really give the game as much credit than if he waited a few months. There was a lot less features and basic functionality (tools weren't auto-equipping when made).

Am I the only one who found it via klei web? I was just like "So what are my beloved developers developing at this time?" and I found Dont Starve. Firstly I torrented it (I know, I know) but just a day after that I bought it. :) I have kind of luck on Kleis games. I remember how I found Shank when it was totally unknown by some random accident :D Still there are veterans who played dont starve for months before me :) So I am not such a hipster. :)

By the way, how are you people looking on potential thousands of new players? On one side, I would love it, because the game would get known and the Klei would got a lot of money. But on the other side (the dark side) I kind of like the small society that is here and which is breaking every day more and more. And I am - to be honest - kind of scared of times that might came.

By the way, how are you people looking on potential thousands of new players? On one side, I would love it, because the game would get known and the Klei would got a lot of money. But on the other side (the dark side) I kind of like the small society that is here and which is breaking every day more and more. And I am - to be honest - kind of scared of times that might came.

Well we already have about 90% of all people suggesting to everyone else to burn the whole forest down to kill the treeguard instead of "man up and learn to kite it", can't get much worse tbh :p

Yeah, this will surely bolster the game's sales, as thousands from the Minecraft crowd which the Yogscast holds a great stake in will see it.

However, I found this game through Etho. Then he mentioned that he got it from Generikb, and I went to watch his. Then more youtube searching found me Totalbiscuit and all the others playing it.

The devs certainly deserve it, though. All this content already and we're barely halfway there? I'm loving my game, and can't wait to see what's coming next.

I am very happy Yogscast covered Don't Starve (they are so funny Simon and Lewis).

I was introduced to the game from a youtuber named JSmithOTI. I bought the game by episode3 and so happy I did!

I'm not big into the MineCraft modding scene, but on the other hand I generally enjoy the Yogscast.

So whenever they do something different, it's great! On the downside, whenever they do something different it tends to go for 6 episodes and then suddenly die (see: Torchlight II), which always disappoints me.

Yogscast, Y U NO BRANCH OUT FROM MINECRAFT!?

It really is suprising to see how much of an influence podcasts can have. A giant one like Totalbisuit may make or break a small game.

Which makes it even more disappointing that most "AAA" studios consider YouTube to be a bunch of worthless fanbois and won't send them review code. Nevermind those millions of views, YouTube isn't real press coverage.

Idiots.