Holy Cow the Yogscast!

Well many AAA games like the newest Call of Duty will sell no matter what people say or dont say about it on youtube. It is a different story for indiegames, they are often made by small teams that have no big budget for marketing. Mainly because of that I respect podcasts like Yogscast, they give attention to the smaller games that really need the attention.

Agreed. TB's "WTF is...?" series, I'm sure, has saved some indie games from dying due to lack of sales due to lack of exposure, no matter how great they were. I myself, if not for indie-friendly YouTubers like TotalBiscuit, NorthernLion, IndieStatik, and The Yogscast, might never had found out about amazing indie gems like Jamestown, Bastion, Terraria, Don't Starve, The Binding of Isaac, Dungeons of Dredmor, The Legend of Grimrock, and FTL. I'm sure there are tens (hundreds?) of thousands of others who have done what I've done, and watched a "Let's Look at..." or "WTF is..." or the equivalent on some amazing indie title, and immediately popped open Steam (and their wallets) as Soon as the video was done.

Hello all,

just came in on the Yogscast boat, and I must say.. this game is something to play. I'm 20 days in and now currently afraid to jump back on from fear of death :p Iv'e done some fishing around before signing up onto this forum and for what I've seen most of you are pretty nice and give a good hardy all-around support vibe. It's appreciated, trust me.

Edited by Ediblez

I'm part of the yognaught wave as well. T_T

I'm twenty, thank you very much! Damn twelve year-olds giving us a bad reputation.

I like yogscast because I couldn't care less about the game they play. I watch Hat Films as well, cause I like the people. They're funny! I find watching people play video games insanely boring.

dear god... WE ARE ABOUT TO BE SWARMED!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, we are well into the swarm. We have grown quite substantially especially over the past few days, We are seeing a ton of great ideas and suggestions and watching lots of awesome LPs from people all over the world.

Yogscast, Etho, Lethalfrag, Lookatmychicken and RiptidePow and one of our earliest LPers Falpatrick have all done a great job spreading the word about Don't Starve. Not to mention all the love our players have been spreading across the land.

Our awesome forum community here has also been a fantastic help as well. You guys have been pumping out great suggestions and ideas.

Our own LadyD, Toaster Fu, Excess, CaptCalavera, 501105, and mobius187 helping to keep things in order, answer questions and being super helpful. In general, these guys helped pave the way.

It all makes a difference and a big part of it is this great community.

We have a little announcement about this coming up next week.

That's some kind words for us all, JoeW.

I - and I believe all the community - have only to thank you guys for the amazing product, support and attention you all deliver.

This is certainly one of the most charismatic and helpful communities I've ever contributed and participated with, and I'm both happy and glad to be a (small) part of it.

I'm curious to see the little announcement next week!

Thank you all for being awesome!

Oh, we are well into the swarm. We have grown quite substantially especially over the past few days, We are seeing a ton of great ideas and suggestions and watching lots of awesome LPs from people all over the world.

Yogscast, Etho, Lethalfrag, Lookatmychicken and RiptidePow and one of our earliest LPers Falpatrick have all done a great job spreading the word about Don't Starve. Not to mention all the love our players have been spreading across the land.

Our awesome forum community here has also been a fantastic help as well. You guys have been pumping out great suggestions and ideas.

Our own LadyD, Toaster Fu, Excess, CaptCalavera, 501105, and mobius187 helping to keep things in order, answer questions and being super helpful. In general, these guys helped pave the way.

It all makes a difference and a big part of it is this great community.

We have a little announcement about this coming up next week.

So glad to hear that the game is getting a lot of exposure. It really deserves it. This game helped me get my channel off the ground so I'm glad I realized quickly how great this game is and it's been so much fun over the past months finding out what new things have been added and hearing people's awesome ideas and actually seeing them getting put in to the game.

You guys at Klei have been nothing but nice to me and showed me support even though I am not anywhere near as popular as a lot of others playing this game so, in turn I thank everyone at Klei for that.

The guys on these forums are so in to the game and are always thinking, discussing and suggesting new things/what could be changed etc.

In short, I really respect the work you guys at Klei do and please keep making the games that inspire, push boundaries and most of all make people happy.

Patrick

Patrick, I love your LPs! You may not be the biggest Don't Starve caster, but you're the one I've watched the most of.

Awesome man, I'm glad you like them :). I just try to have fun with the game. I don't claim to be the best at it or that I'm even good at it, haha. I love figuring out stuff and I've never looked anything up. I take suggestions from my viewers of course but I just love finding things out. What I love about the game is that there are so many ways to play the game and it just comes down to your personality how you actually play.

Off topic - I'd love to be able to buy some art from the game in the form of a poster to get it framed and put on my wall (To go next to my new Bastion posters in the background of my videos :) )

We were just lucky enough to arrive early (I thank falPatrick's LP for that) because you guys made us feel so welcomed and listened to here that we couldn't but help in every way we could think off. We may be early birds here, but YOU guys built this amazing community.

We are just proud of being a part of it.

To come back to topic (I am completely thankfull to get to join a big and well prepared community as well by the way) I actually heard about this game at the first Yogscast Video. A few days later I was able to buy it with Paypal.

They did a great job being all mysterious about it and discovering the little things. I almost instantly fell in love with it.

Also a great job to let Simon play. I feel just as helpless against those lvl 3 Spiderwebs as he does and this adds a little Sympathy. I highly recommend to follow the full let's play of them featuring the game.