[Game Update] - 577874

• Developer

Combined patch notes from 577797 and *577874.
We had to put out a very small patch to fix an issue with wilting flowers that was introduced in 577797.

Changes

• Decorative flowers will not wilt in vases or end tables unless they are light producers.
  • Lunar Hail debris will no longer uproot traps.
  • Vines spawned by Wormwood’s Lunar Guardian II will no longer draw aggro to themselves.
  • All hunts that end in a dangerous spawn will now show the new footprints.  The speed at which you complete the hunt will determine its outcome.
  • Idle Vargs will now wander instead of standing still.
  • * Added a Setting in Advanced section for toggling Point of Interest icons.  (You are still able to obtain Scrapbook entries when examining them even if the icons are disabled.)
  • * Shadow Chester is now Shadow aligned.
  • * Updated Chinese localization.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed missing Hound eating animations in the water.
  • Fixed bug causing Possessed Varg’s Hounds to try mutating when their corpse is in the ocean.
  • Fixed the Rustic Record Spinner having a missing icon.
  • Fixed Wormwood’s Guest of Honor having a different background.
  • Fixed Cozy Wooden Chair having art going outside of lines.
  • Fixed Nouveau Amulet showing up twice on the wearer.
  • Increased the odds of hunts having another Dirt Pile if they get into small areas of land.
  • Fixed Wooden Chairs having normal skinned backs when viewing at a certain angle.
  • Fixed Wooden Chairs not highlighting the backs when viewing at a certain angle.
  • Fixed a crash with Acid Rain.
  • * Adding missing sounds and FX for sitting emotes.

Notes for Modders

• The hunt event "spawnedforhunt" has been changed for its parameters. The action parameter is used for context on what to do. An optional score parameter is passed to see to what degree it plays a role and is scaled from 0 to 1 on how fast a player clears the hunt trail.

View full update

• Like 33
  • Health 2
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

4 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Decorative flowers will not wilt in vases or end tables unless they are light producers.

awww... i get it from a balance standpoint, but i do wish the light would simply fade away rather than the sprite visibly wilting. this still rules out so many pretty decor options!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, V2C said:

Decorative flowers will not wilt in vases or end tables unless they are light producers.

This is a really good change for the better, but it does feel a bit unfortunate to lose out on the wilted sprites as decor (They were fun to use in a dreary/gloomy area!)

I would be really interested in seeing these waxable instead to lose perishment, but beeswax is of course in a weird spot with it being hard to gather while being important for a boss recipe craft(bundle wrap). There's an idea I remember seeing the other day that I really liked, of having a "Beeswax"-lite item that can be produced multiple of per craft (Maybe of 6 per), and it's only purpose would be to wax perishables like the end table or giant crops. Can even extend to food items in general(They would become permanently inedible of course afterwards)

Cheers and thanks for the patch! Really appreciate the Varg one, always a little wonky when they stayed still.

• Like 18
  • Health 1
  • Sanity 1

3 minutes ago, Hornete said:

but it does feel a bit unfortunate to lose out on the wilted sprites as decor (They were fun to use in a dreary/gloomy area!)

They should make it so evil flowers can be used as well. That's a good suggestion someone should suggest that. :wink:

• Like 6
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 1

19 minutes ago, V2C said:

Idle Vargs will now wander instead of standing still.

I assume that those who use only statues for their varg farms might want to do a layer of walls as well, since statues have no collision when unloaded. At least it will be a quick adjustment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hornete said:

This is a really good change for the better, but it does feel a bit unfortunate to lose out on the wilted sprites as decor (They were fun to use in a dreary/gloomy area!)

I would be really interested in seeing these waxable instead to lose perishment, but beeswax is of course in a weird spot with it being hard to gather while being important for a boss recipe craft(bundle wrap). There's an idea I remember seeing the other day that I really liked, of having a "Beeswax"-lite item that can be produced multiple of per craft (Maybe of 6 per), and it's only purpose would be to wax perishables like the end table or giant crops. Can even extend to food items in general(They would become permanently inedible of course afterwards)

Sadly I think unless this hypothetical beeswax lite was REALLY cheap, the addition of an extra resource requirement would make this decor effectively nonexistent if you want more than a few per world, especially if it were competing with giant crops.

I wonder, does burning and extinguishing a vase/end table still cause the flower to wilt instantly? I used to do that all the time to skip ahead to the wilted sprite without waiting, so maybe it still works?

• Like 2
  • Sanity 2

50 minutes ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Vines spawned by Wormwood’s Lunar Guardian II will no longer draw aggro to themselves.

I knew the first was coming after watching a clip from the dev stream, but that WormWood vine fix thank you so so much. Doing all bosses will feel great again as WormWood.

Thanks for the hardwork. Incredible patch.

15 minutes ago, Pedro cc said:

RIP this was op against dragonfly

It absolutely messed up with every other boss, specially the new ones, where you would kite backwards and all of the sudden the boss would switch to a vine exacly where you kited and boom. As-well as them constantly de-aggroing breaking the flow of the fights. You not being able to kite the bees away from Bee Queen because they would stay in a tentacle that was no longer there and then iddle near BeeQUeen and much more. The downsides were incredible more then any upsides that the "feature" might have had. This way they also work just like shadow tentacles.

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Like 4
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

17 minutes ago, finn from human said:

I wonder, does burning and extinguishing a vase/end table still cause the flower to wilt instantly? I used to do that all the time to skip ahead to the wilted sprite without waiting, so maybe it still works?

image.png.96b683a6ebc69f5186940b2e2eaaa0aa.png

Yep! You can just light 'em up with a torch and then use a watering can to get the wilted sprites. Both options still exist! And I agree the wilted option sometimes looks much better.

• Like 21
  • Sanity 2
  • GL Happy 1

27 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Cheers and thanks for the patch! Really appreciate the Varg one, always a little wonky when they stayed still.

Even if i can understand the sentiment i do think you have a lot more opitions when it comes to weeds and decay than you had with living flowers/vegetation. Even more after we lost the Berry Bushes. Maybe Klei can just make it so you can put something else (like petals after decaying transform into a rot petal) and you put that one instead for the wilt look.

Just now, finn from human said:

image.png.96b683a6ebc69f5186940b2e2eaaa0aa.png

Yep! You can just light 'em up with a torch and then use a watering can to get the wilted sprites. Both options still exist! And I agree the wilted option sometimes looks much better.

Just saw this. Then the option is already here :) Appreciated.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

It is, though it's a shame we lost this Warly quote. Maybe they could let us put rot or something in the endtables or apply something else to the flowers?

image.png.70ee8a134397170c5d3a6691d21f72d4.png

Edited by Paxtonnnn
  • Like 3

• Developer

We just put out a tiny patch to fix an issue with flowers instantly wilting after reloading.  A few other small changes made it in as well.  Patch notes have been appended above.

• Like 19

5 hours ago, V2C said:

* Shadow Chester is now Shadow aligned.

Imagine being one whimsical creature, wandering around happy, until after meeting a new friend that cares for you and fills your belly with nightmarefuel, an eldritch horror comes back to life only to say that he hates you and turns you into everything that he stands against.

• Like 1
  • Wavey 2