[Game Update] - 569571

A "bite-sized" crossover event indeed. Can't write I wasn't expecting more, but is ok. Thematic Video gets a bit sad imo on the DST side when silhouette from portal proves itself to be just "a little lost lamb" with CotL resemblance. Skins look good, plus the in-game new altar and turf variants do certainly have their utility place, even if purely aesthetic. One thing though, as someone else mentioned: would be quite fitting and nice if Lamb's little Crown trinket could be a head-slot equipable item, maybe even with a small bon of giving more follower time - I don't think coding that will take too long or be too complicated (but image most likely will need 2 more variations, for side-view and back-view respectively). Yet even without any bon whatsoever, wearing it on head would really be in-tune with CotL motifs.

Edited by MostMerryTomcat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MostMerryTomcat said:

Thematic Video gets a bit sad imo on the DST side when silhouette from portal proves itself to be just "a little lost lamb" with CotL resemblance.

(only 240p kids will get this)

Edited by abrocator
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr.Webber said:

Is idea I don’t even ask for credit I just want it to be taken in to account when deciding for his skin tree(made a Even Better  changes and added on some stuff sense I last posted this)  

This would make a better consistency 

this will help lunar and shadow mirror each other better(made some options for a third lunar affinity craft for Wilson)

Wrong thread.

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

Personally I think most people would prefer we do something like this rather than delaying roadmap content or doing nothing at all. 

Not to subtract from your point or anything. But no, please do delay your roadmap content. It really doesn't feel like a major update per month is sustainable without character refreshes to pad out dev time. 

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

Hope I made it clear that i still love this update, the eye for an eye update was pretty even slightly leaning on terraria side. always nice to have supplementy updates.

Still weird the disparity between how much each game added to each other, but I know their busy on their 2023 roadmap updates, so I'm sure there working hard on them, and have not seen anyone mention this yet but COTL also had a say in what they want in the update, they thought it was good, so I don't see the problem, they just decided to go the extra mile.

:wilson_love::wickerbottomthanks:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Caves content feels like stuff pulled out of that Uncompromising Mod, And to make matters worse the game doesn’t even give you the vaguest hint on how to DEAL with this Content.

It actually kind of was. UM had acid rain in its early days, but it was removed fairly quickly due to some of Klei's changes breaking it and being in need of a refresh anyways. 

And yet, I'd argue that Klei's acid rain; at least in its first iteration, was even harsher than UM's acid rain. And it's funny that there can be a list of "Things added by UM that where later added and made more punishing by Klei".

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1

17 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

Great, even more tedious oasis fishing.

This update literally made it easier to get the desert goggles, and oasis fishing desperately needed more loot imo

i think locking the drops behind oasis fishing was a good idea 

• Like 5

Just now, goblinball said:

This update literally made it easier to get the desert goggles, and oasis fishing desperately needed more loot imo

I don't care, oasis fishing is still one of the most braindead things to do. 

You may like it, but I @$^@76# hate staring at the pond until the hook prompt shows up.

And sure, increase chance and all that, it's still chance. The supposed increased desert goggle print chance before this update? I had to do 5 revisits to the oasis, and did the fishing for a stupidly long time. After I get it I feel a sense of euphoria knowing I will not have to engage that stupid activity again.

Wolfgang's mighty gym minigame is way more engaging lmfao.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

I don't care, oasis fishing is still one of the most braindead things to do. 

You may like it, but I @$^@76# hate staring at the pond until the hook prompt shows up.

And sure, increase chance and all that, it's still chance. The supposed increased desert goggle print chance before this update? I had to do 5 revisits to the oasis, and did the fishing for a stupidly long time. After I get it I feel a sense of euphoria knowing I will not have to engage that stupid activity again.

Wolfgang's mighty gym minigame is way more engaging lmfao.

your just very unlucky, and with your logic, for example, trying to get a spider gland for a heart, but you get 7 monster meat in a row, therefore monster meat should have a lower chance and glands at a higher chance. fishing in general is not very fun, thats why sea fishing exist, and personally think you should be able to get desert goggles and COTL things from sea fishing too.

• Like 2

These skins are very nice. I think the backlash regarding the update just does not make sense. While I was hyped and found there is not much content added, the developers did say that it was a bite-sized crossover, so this makes sense given there is not much added in this update.

The content they added is very pretty! Some fellas here need to touch grass imo.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 5

5 minutes ago, ssbb said:

These skins are very nice. I think the backlash regarding the update just does not make sense. While I was hyped and found there is not much content added, the developers did say that it was a bite-sized crossover, so this makes sense given there is not much added in this update.

The content they added is very pretty! Some fellas here need to touch grass imo.

It's obviously because of big expectations after the last crossover update. Speaking for myself, last time they added more than was expected.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Oasis fishing is such a fun mechanic that you're desperate for it to get more loot so you're forced to engage with it since you don't actually want to engage with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sanity 2

1 hour ago, ssbb said:

Can it even be considered backlash?
There is not more than a handful of people that did not like the content, while the rest seemed to like it quite a lot.

I for myself, did like the skins and do think that two turfs and a shrine is quite enough for a bite sized content, especially since for what we know, it did not stop new content development. So I see it as a very huge plus. A little treat while we wait for the meal!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just realized that this new update makes Antlion an optional boss fight that you don’t actually have to kill them to obtain their loot anymore. This is awesome because I always found Antlion to be far too cute to kill! :wilson_love:

that was always the case afaik

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just realized that this new update makes Antlion an optional boss fight that you don’t actually have to kill them to obtain their loot anymore. This is awesome because I always found Antlion to be far too cute to kill! :wilson_love:

8 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

that was always the case afaik

The only difference is that the beach toy is more common now, can't blame you though as the only hint it gives you is that some characters quote that someone wants this.

Edited by Nnumber3
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, Nnumber3 said:

The only difference is that the beach toy is more common now, can't blame you though as the only hint it gives you is that some characters quote that someone wants this.

Really? Before today I’ve legit never seen one, I’ve seen plenty of those crocodile toys, dentures, the little pop ball pusher toys, etc.. but not a single sand castle from all the gravesites I’ve dug up, or oasis fishing I’ve done.

I suppose it is possible to just have such horrible RNG I guess.

I think more could’ve been done dispute this crossover being “bite-sized”

If I can make a suggestion people want Wickers Rain book without needing to switch to Wicker, so I think it would be “cute” if the crown from CoTL could be given to mobs/bosses to obtain  or get exclusive interactions with them.

Such as: trading a cult crown to CrabKing to gain favoritism and have him trigger worldly rain.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Really? Before today I’ve legit never seen one, I’ve seen plenty of those crocodile toys, dentures, the little pop ball pusher toys, etc.. but not a single sand castle from all the gravesites I’ve dug up, or oasis fishing I’ve done.

I suppose it is possible to just have such horrible RNG I guess.

I think more could’ve been done dispute this crossover being “bite-sized”

If I can make a suggestion people want Wickers Rain book without needing to switch to Wicker, so I think it would be “cute” if the crown from CoTL could be given to mobs/bosses to obtain  or get exclusive interactions with them.

Such as: trading a cult crown to CrabKing to gain favoritism and have him trigger worldly rain.

they can only be fished up in the oasis, and rare in the oasis.

more things to do with the crown would be nice, but there would have to be more ways to get it other than fishing only in summer. it seems are rare as the pre update beach toy. maybe an idea could be like a shadow sea fish with a crown you could catch for a crown and Nightmare fuel, if they still want to restrict the ways to get the crown to the water.

Would want the crown to do things COTL related, as it is from COTL. never played it so I would not know what to add to the game, but don't think summoning rain is a part of it, just to be more unique.