[Game Update] - 569571

I don't know how people could be bashing this update. Was it just because the last crossover had a lot of content? Either way, we shouldn't see it as a a precedent for all crossover updates to be huge. We got some cool skins (The sword and chest are REALLY nice looking) and finally a good light source after the campfire for people who can't go the ruins whether it be lack of caves or experience. There's no reason to be upset because we didn't get a new boss or character.

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

lmao its eye for an eye update all over again. Other devs are actually adding content and even new features, while Klei casually adding only skins and a few turfs. Again.

idk why people keep praising Klei for that

Mmmm, I guess? Scope wise eye for an eye felt pretty familiar IMO. DST got 2 bosses (Even if one of them feels unfinished), a few new items, and a lot of skins. Terraria got 1 new boss, a bunch of items, and no skins. Given that there's a lot less "room" for items in DST than there are in Terraria, I think it was a pretty even trade. Though even if I'm satisfied with this update, I will admit that it feels a lot smaller than what CotL got. 

• Like 1

Biggest crime of this update is revisiting antlion and not adding a way to initiate the fight without having to waste a thermal stone.

but really cmon people, they said it'd be a bite sized update, joe even said that it wasnt a pun and was just a reference to how small the update was going to be

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Fern pot i think

3 minutes ago, Ulisesvolador said:

Someone said it reskins the potted fern.

Legit forgot potted fern was in the game.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Mmmm, I guess? Scope wise eye for an eye felt pretty familiar IMO. DST got 2 bosses (Even if one of them feels unfinished), a few new items, and a lot of skins. Terraria got 1 new boss, a bunch of items, and no skins. Given that there's a lot less "room" for items in DST than there are in Terraria, I think it was a pretty even trade. Though even if I'm satisfied with this update, I will admit that it feels a lot smaller than what CotL got. 

Terraria did get some "skins", some vanity items and new haircuts. But thats just a nice bonus sitting on top of actually new game content theyve also added

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 4

7 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Terraria did get some "skins", some vanity items and new haircuts. But thats just a nice bonus sitting on top of actually new game content theyve also added

Because Klei making one of the best bosses added in the last few years, new items that are dropped by said boss, Crock Pot recipes and a new, more challenging generation setting isn't "actually new game content they've also added".

• Like 5
  • Big Ups 1

18 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

lmao its eye for an eye update all over again. Other devs are actually adding content and even new features, while Klei casually adding only skins and a few turfs. Again.

idk why people keep praising Klei for that

We did both without disrupting our regular content schedule. Both entirely free and both without any sort of monetization. For fun. Because we thought people would enjoy it. 

We could have made the updates much bigger, but not without taking away from the roadmap or delaying things substantially.

Personally I think most people would prefer we do something like this rather than delaying roadmap content or doing nothing at all. 

• Like 47
  • Thanks 3
  • Ninja 1
  • Health 7
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 5
  • Potato Cup 1

6 minutes ago, JoeW said:

We did both without disrupting our regular content schedule. Both entirely free and both without any sort of monetization. For fun. Because we thought people would enjoy it. 

We could have made the updates much bigger, but not without taking away from the roadmap or delaying things substantially.

Personally I think most people would prefer we do something like this rather than delaying roadmap content or doing nothing at all. 

I assumed this was the case, since you stated that you're getting ready for the next beta.

Also just wanted to say you're doing good work out there, keep it up!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Thank you again Klei for the amazing crossover update.

I'm personally so happy to hear that this update didn't delay the next From Beyond update. I have been really enjoying the rift contents lately and I can't wait the new From beyond beta!

Edited by mkemal23
Grammar.
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, bloopah said:

Because Klei making one of the best bosses added in the last few years, new items that are dropped by said boss, Crock Pot recipes and a new, more challenging generation setting isn't "actually new game content they've also added".

Im talking about crossover updates, not regular ones.

Kleis part on crossover updates are lazy and laughable, comparing how other studios do their part on crossover.

Eye bosses are meh, and so their loot. I dont see anyone using shield or bunny stew both from my friends and pub experience. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Shopcat 1

6 minutes ago, JoeW said:

While I absolutely agree with what you said and thank you for making everything free I would also like to say that I (and from what I've seen also other people) prefer quality over quantity. Yes this was free and it didn't cost a delaying in the roadmap, but at the same time he was really really bite sized, maybe too much.

This didn't change anything in the game, I still love both you (Klei) and Don't Starve, but the reason I love what you've made is for the quality it has. Nothing else.

• Like 4

Just now, Dragonboooorn said:

Im talking about crossover updates, not regular ones.

Kleis part on crossover updates are lazy and laughable, comparing how other studios do their part on crossover.

Eye bosses are meh, and so their loot. I dont see anyone using shield or bunny stew both from my friends and pub experience. 

I am talking about crossover updates, that's what this conversation is about, isn't it??? And as JoeW said, it was done for free without monetization, with the actual beta soon to come.

This truly is a "When a bite-sized crossover is bite-sized image.png.b644fdb71e578b20a16c6f3edd639471.png" moment

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, JoeW said:

@JoeW , I'm begging you, let us listen to the music from the update short film in the game, for example, when the lamb altar turns into golden altar, and the fuel in it is 100%. This is very cool music, and it would be great to hear it in the game!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mkemal23 said:

Thank you again Klei for the amazing crossover update.

I'm personally so happy to hear that this update didn't delay the next From Beyond update. I have been really enjoying the rift contents lately and I can't wait for the new beta!

I have mixed feelings about the Rift contents, Lunar Rifts are EPIC, easy to deal with and give great rewards.

Caves content feels like stuff pulled out of that Uncompromising Mod, And to make matters worse the game doesn’t even give you the vaguest hint on how to DEAL with this Content.

Miasma blacks out your screen destroying vision & I still don’t know the proper counter to it. To top that off, Acid rain is a pain in the backside forcing the use of Eyebrella & Lanterns It’s kinda crazy how much more difficult the Cave Rifts are as opposed to the Surface ones.

But that’s the whole “Mixed feelings” I was talking about.

We don’t actually know if the next update is for from Beyond or if it’s another batch of character skill trees or one of those planned QOL updates.. so don’t get your hopes up to high on the next update being the “It’ll make sense” huge Rift content update.

2 minutes ago, bloopah said:

I am talking about crossover updates, that's what this conversation is about, isn't it??? And as JoeW said, it was done for free without monetization, with the actual beta soon to come.

This truly is a "When a bite-sized crossover is bite-sized image.png.b644fdb71e578b20a16c6f3edd639471.png" moment

thats a fair statement, gotta go and enjoy 5 new skins Klei added in this update (said skins are the whole update)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2