[Game Update] - 569571

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Oasis fishing is such a fun mechanic that you're desperate for it to get more loot so you're forced to engage with it since you don't actually want to engage with it.

While I think the actual “fishing” part of oasis fishing isn’t the most fun thing in the world, I would be lying if I said that setting up a mini base in the oasis that’s summer-proof isn’t pretty fun.

Also wanting to give content more rewards doesn’t mean that said content is bad lol, just that there’s not much incentive to do it. And besides, the CotL crossover content added isn’t forcing anyone to fish in the oasis. 

Edited by goblinball
  • Like 4

Thanks a ton for the update! I love the new skins and finally having an alternative to cobblestones is going to really transform the way my builds look.

Is there any chance we could get a reduction in the rock cost of the alter? Asking for more rocks than a support pillar in exchange for what is essentially a decorative structure seems rather pricey to me.

Also could we please get that crown on the Ewelet skin in-game? I was so desperate I even tried sacrificing my second red crown to the pet.

Edited by JazzyGames
  • Like 9
  • Big Ups 1

I find it hysterical that I'm more excited about the crossover MUSIC than the actual content they added.

Can't wait for that music to drop!

The content? Meh.

Sincerely,

Cactus

1 hour ago, goblinball said:

While I think the actual “fishing” part of oasis fishing isn’t the most fun thing in the world, I would be lying if I said that setting up a mini base in the oasis that’s summer-proof isn’t pretty fun.

Also wanting to give content more rewards doesn’t mean that said content is bad lol, just that there’s not much incentive to do it. And besides, the CotL crossover content added isn’t forcing anyone to fish in the oasis. 

Although I agree that summer needs more content. There's no doubt about it.

But doing it for a crossover update? Where the stuff will be locked till SUMMER of each playthrough? No thank you. 

They did it right with the Terraria Crossover. You could kill the EoC within' a few days if your lucky. In my opinion, I think they took the lazy way out when it came to this update. They tried to kill two birds with one stone, and it didn't work out well.

Sincerely,

Cactus

Edited by RoughCactus69
  • Like 3
  • Shopcat 1

7 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

I find it hysterical that I'm more excited about the crossover MUSIC than the actual content they added.

Can't wait for that music to drop!

The content? Meh.

Sincerely,

Cactus

Although I agree that summer needs more content. There's no doubt about it.

But doing it for a crossover update? Where the stuff will be locked till SUMMER of each playthrough? No thank you. 

They did it right with the Terraria Crossover. You could kill the EoC within' a few days if your lucky. In my opinion, I think they took the lazy way out when it came to this update. They tried to kill two birds with one stone, and it didn't work out well.

Sincerely,

Cactus

Idk it worked out pretty well

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

Saddens me a lot to see people not like the new crossover. I thought it was cute and fun. It's small, but I don't mind that if it doesn't eat up development time and allows the team to work on little things every now and then.

Reminder that Klei gives you every single crossover skin for free by logging into the game (and gave half a dozen of the Terraria ones, when that was around). Even if you really don't like them, you can still unravel them for 1500 spools and get an elegant of choice you want, by opening the game. I don't think I need to explain why this was an extremely generous move by Klei that they absolutely did not need to do, but was done for the community.

It makes me worried they don't want to do fun little things like this every now and then, because part of the community feels they must add game changing content in addition to a boss to fight for said content. It's okay for it to be on the lighter side like we got here. Sure, there could have been more, and I imagine people would have loved to see it, but I'm personally content with what we got, and the things we did get are fun/neat in their own ways.

I'm not upset WITH the content, I'm upset with how you OBTAIN said content.

I think they could've made a better choice when it came to obtaining it.

Sincerely,

Cactus

8 hours ago, JoeW said:

We did both without disrupting our regular content schedule. Both entirely free and both without any sort of monetization. For fun. Because we thought people would enjoy it. 

We could have made the updates much bigger, but not without taking away from the roadmap or delaying things substantially.

Personally I think most people would prefer we do something like this rather than delaying roadmap content or doing nothing at all. 

As much as I'm a negative Nancy about the update, I do think it is a nice bite sized update. 

So for that I say nice job.

Sincerely,

Cactus 

7 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

thats a fair statement, gotta go and enjoy 5 new skins Klei added in this update (said skins are the whole update)

I don't mind the update. They did say bite sized. Bite sized DOES mean bite sized. 

I'm upset because of the way you RECEIVE the little content they added.

Sincerely,

Cactus 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

I'm not upset WITH the content, I'm upset with how you OBTAIN said content.

I think they could've made a better choice when it came to obtaining it.

Sincerely,

Cactus

As much as I'm a negative Nancy about the update, I do think it is a nice bite sized update. 

So for that I say nice job.

Sincerely,

Cactus 

I don't mind the update. They did say bite sized. Bite sized DOES mean bite sized. 

I'm upset because of the way you RECEIVE the little content they added.

Sincerely,

Cactus 

I think it was added to summer intentionally, Cult of the lamb has heavy tie ins with sacrificial alters, sacrifices to gods/demons, and of course tie ins to hell.

In that regard- The season where everything is going up in a blazing inferno & there’s an Angry god-like beast destroying everything unless you bring sacrificial gifts to it sounds perfectly fitting with CoTL.

• Like 7
  • Wavey 1

Not adding the red cultists coat as a skin for the night armor seems like a missed opportunity.

That said, night armor isn't equipped as frequently as a dark sword and the "eye sword" seems like a more relevant item from the CotL game.

Overall, I like this crossover, hope you at klei had fun and enjoyed the feedback too.

• Like 3

I would like to konw about when when when the don't starve will be updated on the switch platform. Regardless of how many versions of the don't starve together on the switch are always behind, but at the very least there are updates. Why hasn't the full platform don't starve update you previously agreed on still not been updated on the switch? There are so many malicious bugs in don't starve on the switch, why don't we solve them? I really don't understand.

12 minutes ago, Kleimain said:

I would like to konw about when when when the don't starve will be updated on the switch platform. Regardless of how many versions of the don't starve together on the switch are always behind, but at the very least there are updates. Why hasn't the full platform don't starve update you previously agreed on still not been updated on the switch? There are so many malicious bugs in don't starve on the switch, why don't we solve them? I really don't understand.

Making an update for Switch takes a long time. It's a very tricky platform and Nintendo has rules regarding content that is allowed on their console, so they need to approve each update. It takes longer than other platforms, and is understandably behind with updates, but be patient, most likely there will be several updates in bulk sooner or later.

1 hour ago, Kleimain said:

I would like to konw about when when when the don't starve will be updated on the switch platform.

It's already updated to the current update all platforms have (the COTL crossover), not only that, they got Terrors Below, Skill trees and COTL crossover in one update.

I suggest you to check the forums related to your platform before complaining.

2 hours ago, Ulisesvolador said:

It's already updated to the current update all platforms have (the COTL crossover), not only that, they got Terrors Below, Skill trees and COTL crossover in one update.

I suggest you to check the forums related to your platform before complaining.

I suggest you to check the words all I write. What I say was don't starve NOT don't starve together.