[Game Update] - 569571

1 minute ago, Copyafriend said:

Has anyone found a functional difference between the various states of repair for the statue? Does the sanity regen go up or something?

Yes the received sanity increases, it's something like 9 per minute I think and in the third stage it increases to 25

• Like 5

Haven't seen enough of the update because I'm in winter at the moment. However, I'm a bit disappointed there are no paid skins this time around. 

So badly, I want topiary hedges for hay walls.

Would have gone with the twitch drop desu.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I mean, yeah, we're all glad that Klei decides to stay in bussiness by updating their most popular game

They could've just combined this crosover with a QoL update, is all.

Then it wouldn't be... 4 skins, 2 turfs and a reskinned firepit deep

They are getting ready for a proper beta man, calm yo t**s, there's a reason why this crossover is small.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

...Antlion? Really? That's somehow simultaneously the most uncreative and inconvenient option they could have chosen. I know people complain about summer not having enough, but I don't think putting a couple turfs and a barely upgraded fire pit behind an already controversial mechanic is the way to go about it.

And I say barely upgraded because I've seen someone else say that it's not infinite, but instead just has a decent sanity aura when you stand near it.

I absolutely 100% agree. I understand that it's bite-sized like they said. That's TOTALLY fine. BUT. Locking it behind summer is just a stupid way to go about it. Alongside not only summer, but ANTLION?

In my opinion they could've done something way better. It does seem lazy to do it this way.

Sincerely,

Cactus

28 minutes ago, Nightmare King said:

But then there's always one guy complaining.

We aren't allowed to have opinions on something? Dang. 

Sincerely,

Cactus

• Like 6
  • Shopcat 2

8 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

I absolutely 100% agree. I understand that it's bite-sized like they said. That's TOTALLY fine. BUT. Locking it behind summer is just a stupid way to go about it. Alongside not only summer, but ANTLION?

In my opinion they could've done something way better. It does seem lazy to do it this way.

Sincerely,

Cactus

We aren't allowed to have opinions on something? Dang. 

Sincerely,

Cactus

There's a slight difference between having an opinion and complaining how "lazy" the devs are.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nightmare King said:

There's a slight difference between having an opinion and complaining how "lazy" the devs are.

In my opinion it seems like a lazy design choice. Or if I need to more "tame". It looks like to me, the devs took an easy out when it came to designing the update.

Sincerely,

Cactus

• Like 5

I know dst is busy with the new beta that's coming out soon...

but I looked at COTL steam page (never played it before) and saw things like a new gamemode (hunger and sleep meter, plus perma death), a bunch of decorations, webber and its unique unlocking and abilitys, while dst has the amount of COTL stuff in its more like a easter egg, then a crossover. 1 campfire and trinket, with 2 turfs.

I know its bite size but this is more like a nibble compared to COTL.

Still happy they came together at all though.

3 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

This community has a serious problem with getting dissapointed at something that never happened, like how in the waterlogged update you saw people complaining their prediction of "chill biome" wasnt a glaciar with magic that appears on winter

another example would be warbucks, a bad character idea but people are more upset that a toy got removed from the toybox then if they actually having fun with the character

(seriously, he got replaced with wormwood, you would rather man with gun that's already in the game a bit early or plant boi, think i know which 1's I'm picking)

13 minutes ago, Nnumber3 said:

but I looked at COTL steam page (never played it before) and saw things like a new gamemode (hunger and sleep meter, plus perma death), a bunch of decorations, webber and its unique unlocking and abilitys, while dst has the amount of COTL stuff in its more like a easter egg, then a crossover. 1 campfire and trinket, with 2 turfs.

lmao its eye for an eye update all over again. Other devs are actually adding content and even new features, while Klei casually adding only skins and a few turfs. Again.

idk why people keep praising Klei for that

• Like 6
  • Shopcat 3