New Beta Update live - Skill Spotlight: Wormwood, Wolfgang, Woodie.

3 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

YESSSS YESSSSSSS

BEGONE FARMING

BEGONE

FROM THE GROUND YOU CAME AND TO THE GROUND YOU SHALL RETURN

I SHALL TAKE MY POUND OF FLESH AND SCORCH EARTH ALL THAT REMAINS

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

So, ahem, what skills does wormwood get?

IMG_20230706_215435.thumb.jpg.6b0d328be38ff3c7cef8de16f2dcf5b4.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PetulantPansy said:

Probably every character. This is most likely the way to choose between the lunar/shadow factions. We pretty much already know for a fact that every survivor will be making that choice at some point. 

Yes.. but it’s just confusing as hell to me that Klei advertises this “From Beyond” as clearly being the End Game of DST… so What on earth is the “Point” in giving characters skill trees if you only obtain those skill trees during the last parts of the game?

In compression it’s like buying the Seasons pass to Batman Arkham Knight only to find out to actually use those 50$ worth of different Batmobile skins you have to beat the entire game first, and by that point there’s nothing left to do but drive your batmobile around in an empty city that’s been cleared of all crime.

TL:DR- WHY ADD SKILL TREES AT THE END OF THE GAME?!?!

So confusing… 

What is the reasoning behind Void cowl nerfs and cancelling its acid rain protection? This will make caves even more inhabitable. How are we supposed to do anything (fight, chop, mine etc) with out only hand slot forcefully occupied by an item which only exists to protect from the new annoying irreversible mechanic?

Also could we maybe get a tweak on the frequency of deadly brightshade spawns? They are ridiculously annoying and get in the way of everything.I have to clear them every season to make sure they don't invade my base's berry bush decorations or the rest of the map. Sometimes they glitch and 3-6 spawn in one location stacked on top of each other. This takes the fun away from the game. It's not challenging, it's just annoying to no point how much health they have and how frequently they spawn. Even if I use brightshade gear against them, it takes me about 2 days to fully clear all brightshade waves that came with the current rift. I have 10x brightshade husks compared to the amount of pure brilliance I mined. I cannot ignore them, otherwise they will take all over my base and map and endanger my builds with creatures inside my base. They take away the joy of farming by limiting it to the time when the rift is not active. At least Ink Blights you can just simply ignore and they don't interrupt your regular gameplay. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure I like the direction the game is heading in regarding the skill trees and the planar stuff. It's like if the game suddenly wants to be a sort of RPG which isn't inherently bad, but it's not what I fell in love with this game for. 

I feel like it's just making the game less unique, like suddenly it's ashamed of the stuff that made it stick which was the cool season mechanics, simple yet hard to master systems and very unique art direction/lore. I feel like we're only loosely focusing on the later two right now. I'm not mad for the new content, but I feel weird because it's such an unorthodox direction to take

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yes.. but it’s just confusing as hell to me that Klei advertises this “From Beyond” as clearly being the End Game of DST… so What on earth is the “Point” in giving characters skill trees if you only obtain those skill trees during the last parts of the game?

i dont think fuelweaver or the celestial champion qualify as the final "endgame" now

• Like 7

Just now, HowlVoid said:

This doesn't really tell me much but thanks :/

Well i just checked them the 2 side ones with the yellow lock going up is left moontating small creatures like saladmanders and carrats right is brightshade related combat abilities like summon vines while wearing brightshade armor

Middle left below the point counter is related to tending range while blooming middle right is faster mush growth in planters and better yield 

Bottom left is faster blooming and longer bottom right is grow saplings berry bushes and a few things from your body

• Wavey 1

As I said before on the forum post that brought up the possibility skill trees for everyone.

This is a great direction for character customization.

Characters being able to focus on one area and possibly cover a weakness in other areas makes my brain tingle. Willow immediately comes to mind as well as wormwood's farming.

I haven't been this excited about the direction of the game since reworks were announced! This awesome news and a chance to revisit those aforementioned characters plus Winona even. Thanks Klei!

• Like 21

5ipcqj.png.e6288bdc6ceaceed967356d3e505f7b9.png

I'm already happy to see this, I think this is gonna solve a lot of individual issue for many a player gameplay with specific characters.

(I haven't seen it but oh boy that CAN be done !)

• Like 15
  • Big Ups 1

8 minutes ago, RotTown said:

Does this not defeat the whole point of Wilson’s rework..?  If more characters are getting a skilltree his rework now seems like he just got some new idles and clothes

Yeah, and the new skill trees seems much better designed than Wilson's one. Wilson mains are stuck with the torch tab :grey:

Edited by mkemal23
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 9
  • Potato Cup 2

Like this:

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Survivors can now craft large Support Pillars to create areas safe from quake debris.

Don't know how I feel about this yet.... :/

20 minutes ago, Jason said:
  • Wolfgang Skill Tree added
  • Wormwood Skill Tree added
  • Woodie Skill Tree added