New Beta Update live - Skill Spotlight: Wormwood, Wolfgang, Woodie.

4 minutes ago, mkemal23 said:

Yeah, and the new skill trees seems much better designed than Wilson's one. Wilson mains are stuck with the torch tab :grey:

ikr.  Like… my mistake for thinking my main’s refresh would be unique to him.  Whoops

• Like 11
  • Sad Dupe 2

I can't say I'm exited about this update. Like. Idk. That was Wilson's special thing y'know. His whole thing is that he learns and survives by trail and error until he figures things out. The skill tree was perfect... for Wilson.
It still kept him a versatile character in terms of playability, while letting him get Cool Abilities too.
Everyone else already HAS abilities, and they start off with those, vs Wilson's skills tree which you have to earn
Like. Wilson has this one thing (and his beard too ofc <3)

pls no... Don't take this away Klei

• Like 17

Would be cool if Wilson could copy one specific tree from another character or maybe that should be a wes thing.

Wes could have no skill tree and copy one very specific skill tree of a character (to avoid Wes just taking all the other characters skills).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Goddamnit! We've just finished character reworks and now you're doing a round 2?! 

When can we get something new for existing content?

Character refresh 2: electric bogaloo.

Look at the bright side, they can do 3 at a time. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RotTown said:

ikr.  Like… my mistake for thinking my main’s refresh would be unique to him.  Whoops

8 minutes ago, Passerine said:

I can't say I'm exited about this update. Like. Idk. That was Wilson's special thing y'know. His whole thing is that he learns and survives by trail and error until he figures things out. The skill tree was perfect... for Wilson.
It still kept him a versatile character in terms of playability, while letting him get Cool Abilities too.
Everyone else already HAS abilities, and they start off with those, vs Wilson's skills tree which you have to earn
Like. Wilson has this one thing (and his beard too ofc <3)

pls no... Don't take this away Klei

Thank you for helping to put my thoughts into words, the skill tree reminded me of research points (which sound very science-y obviously) so despite my worry of his rework in the first place, i wasn't disappointed. The epitome of Man vs Nature has always been my view of him.

...It's kinda sad to see that uniqueness get lost, even if I was warry about it

Edited by Digi_056
  • Like 9

14 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Great. They will only take 5 months to complete

If they can roll them out alongside other content it won't be so bad. Some things are just stat changes, adding existing resources. With refreshes other things took time when making them, like shorts/promotional stuff. I don't think it will be as resource intensive.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 8

why would you add skill trees for the other characters when that was wilson's whole thing for his rework????? was his rework just a test for the other characters ? because tbh thats really lame. i hope wilson will be getting another rework if they follow through with this so his character can actually have his own thing. (and maybe we can get some more wilson lore too. i'd like to see what medical past was like since he can perform amputations apparently and heals better in the forge.) really annoying honestly because the whole point of wilson's skill tree that lasts between games is that he adapts. thats how he got past adventure mode and freed maxwell.

im hoping the new skill trees atleast dont last between games, to differentiate them from wilson's.

i am excited for the support pillars in the cave though atleast.

1658160350_newupdatesucksugh.thumb.png.404acc286978a63456cecf389a9b859b.png

(if klei does follow through im probably gonna mod out the new skill tree thing when i play with my friends X_X)

• Like 5
  • Health 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 3

15 minutes ago, RotTown said:

I mean, just re-balancing the torch tab would be enough for me. The other characters abilities are super fun.(Especially Wormwood's Lunar guardian skills:wilson_cry:)

Edited by mkemal23
  • Like 2

What was the point of Wilson's rework then if now every character will have a skill tree? Why then didn't each character have Wickerbottom books, WX modules, and Wigfrid battle songs added? Thank you for depriving Wilson of his individual skills again

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Goddamnit! We've just finished character reworks and now you're doing a round 2?! 

When can we get something new for existing content?

this isn't going to take years this time, though. This is already 3 in a row

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bee PichiL said:

What was the point of Wilson's rework then if now every character will have a skill tree? Why then didn't each character have Wickerbottom books, WX modules, and Wigfrid battle songs added? Thank you for depriving Wilson of his individual skills again

the point is he still got those new abilities that aren't available to anyone else.

Edited by Well-met
  • Like 12
  • GL Happy 1