[Game Update] - 555166

• Developer

Changes

• Lunar Rifts will now try very hard to spawn outside of base areas.
  • Mushrooms added to world regrowth.
    • World settings to come at a later time.
  • Wagstaff’s face and goggles are now HD to match the body.
  • Added a signature to the signed 10th year anniversary vignette.

Bug Fixes

• Wagstaff will no longer stick around after defeating the Celestial Champion if rifts are already open or if they are turned off through world settings.
  • Fixed Mushrooms not saving their growth time correctly.
  • Fixed Mushrooms being able to be picked up when they shouldn't.
  • Fixed a crash with Terrorclaws trying to attach itself to a boat.
  • Fixed a crash with Brightshade Vines being hit.
  • Fixed herd members forming herds too quickly making multiple herds next to each other.
  • Fixed a sound on the Brightshades when they entangle a plant.
  • Added check cases for custom worldgen presets missing fields to stop a game crash on startup with certain mods.
  • Fixed insanity sound effects playing over each other going in and out of lunacy areas.
  • Punching bags will no longer have their damage indicators grow in size while idle.
  • Burnt small trees will no longer have a small thin white line on it when zoomed out.
  • Lunar tree saplings will no longer have a small white pixel floating off in the distance.

Skin Fixes

• Verdant skins
    • Wurt’s will have the correct ghost skin.
    • Wurt’s tail will have matching colouring.
    • Wanda’s will have the clock hands move depending on age.
    • Wanda’s will no longer have an invisible chin during her youth.
    • Willow’s has had its lips colour adjusted.
    • Willow’s hair has had a stray bit of art removed.
    • Wormwood’s eyes will no longer have white speckles around it.
    • Wormwood’s will have correct leaf colours when blooming.
    • Wormwood’s will have the correct ghost skin.
    • Wormwood’s will show the missing flow when pointing up when bloomed.
    • Wormwood’s hands will be the same shade as the other leaves in the skin.
    • Wickerbottom’s arms will no longer morph into her Lunar skin’s in certain poses.
    • Wickerbottom’s body piece will show the correct rendering order for the torso.
  • Nouveau Club Portrait’s selection icon will now show up.
  • Wilson’s Barber big portrait will have the proper tint relative to other big portraits.

Notes for Modders

• Mods have been slowed down for polling to check for updates from the platform’s workshop when idle on a mods panel or server creation screen. If you are actively uploading a mod and want to see immediate results go out and in of the main menu to force another query.

View full update

• Like 46
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 4
  • GL Happy 1

11 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Lunar Rifts will now try very hard to spawn outside of base areas.

Next update: Lunar Rifts will now try very-very hard to spawn outside of base areas.

Edited by Duck986
:glzDERP:
  • Like 7
  • Haha 12
  • Wavey 3
  • Shopcat 1
  • Potato Cup 1

On 4/12/2023 at 7:14 PM, ampower said:

add

On 4/12/2023 at 6:40 PM, Habakkuk said:

Add Lichen too.

On 4/12/2023 at 2:44 PM, O Prea said:

- The shovel could have the ability to collect reeds, cacti and light flower. @V2C

Screenshot_1.png

add it as a non-mandatory configurable option so whoever thinks it's op can choose to put it or not

Edited by Floguinho
  • Like 9
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Potato Cup 1

13 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Lunar Rifts will now try very hard to spawn outside of base areas

Someone taught Rifts to be a gentleman and not destroy peoples stuff? Nice.

• Like 6
  • Wavey 2

So the “Rifts” try to spawn away from bases, but the Brightshades that come out the Rifts still invade your farm crop plots right??

In my experience rifts spawn Way away from my base and the associated Brightshades travel the entire map to get to my base anyway.

Brightshades are easy to kill so it’s no big deal to me.. but am I missing something here??

Are people complaining about the “Rifts” in their bases or the “Brightshades”? 

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

People are complaining about Rifts in their bases and Brightshades on top of each other. This update attempts to fix both.

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

So the “Rifts” try to spawn away from bases, but the Brightshades that come out the Rifts still invade your farm crop plots right??

In my experience rifts spawn Way away from my base and the associated Brightshades travel the entire map to get to my base anyway.

Brightshades are easy to kill so it’s no big deal to me.. but am I missing something here??

Both as far as I can tell rift spawns have trouble working around mega base builds but not normal base builds and others are talking about brightshades spawning too close to each other.

I imagine the rift change will increase the check range.

2 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

People are complaining about Rifts in their bases and Brightshades on top of each other. This update attempts to fix both.

Wait did I miss something I'm just seeing a change to rifts?

13 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:
38 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Fixed herd members forming herds too quickly making multiple herds next to each other.

Wait did I miss something I'm just seeing a change to rifts?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Rifts I think. I know originally megabasers who build a lot of parts of their bases without structures (would just design stuff with trees and what not) would have those sections destroyed because of the rifts (because there was no structors). Maybe this is what they tried to fix? I dono, I think it was fine the way it was tbh. :???:

• Developer

An amendment hotfix has been released as revision 555256.

Changes

• Brightshade plant target priority was changed to make controller players have a better time targeting the plants.

Bug Fixes

• Replanted plants will now correctly be included for arena detection.
  • Removed duplicate tradable components being added onto Enlightened Shards.
  • Fix the world not looking for good arena spots when loading from a world where a timer is active.
  • Lunar Rifts will once again be tile aligned to fit the turf theme.
  • Punching bags will now properly show zero damage received when fully blocking incoming damage.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3
  • GL Happy 1

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The brightshades destruction was removed during beta, but the rifts still destroy everything.  They would avoid structures but it wasn't perfect.  I'm assuming they've added more things to be considered "part of a base" to make the rifts avoid better.

2 hours ago, Duck986 said:

I think Jesse was talking about mobs like Volt Goats of Beefalos. Or do brightshades also form herds?

Player planted plants form "herds," which is the focus of Bright Shade targeting.  If you plant things too quickly you will get several herds in a small area leading to many bright shades in a very small space making them significantly worse then intended.  I'm guessing they made it easier for plants to form herds keeping the brightshades from breaking their intended cap.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 2