[Game Update] - 555166

Thanks for the hotfix Devs. Much, Much Appreciated. Haven't been this addicted since Monkey Island :)
I still haven't been able to test, but very soon will, regarding a 2 bugs in my current run:

- I played over 1000 days with the Rifts Open so far, they suddenly stopped. THIS IS FIXED
- I had atleast 6 Wagstaffs in the world, at the same time, that i know of, probably more. THIS IS FIXED
Disabling the rifts and enabling them, caused all the 6 wagstaffs to ask for shard, i tried to gave to one, he disapeared, the other 5 still asking for them lol.
I kill 3 Celestial Champions every spring, so i dont know if that is a cause of having so many Wagstaffs in the world.

Hopefully these hotfix tackled whatever was causing these two issues in mind. I play without server mods.
Will get back to you if it persists.

Best Regards.

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GLERMZ said:

I kill 3 Celestial Champions every spring, so i dont know if that is a cause of having so many Wagstaffs in the world

This is probably the reason, I think 2 wagstaffs will spawn in the world when you kill him, so maybe they are spawning on each kill

12 hours ago, WhackE said:

3 Reasons 1 Top Analyst Gives a Thumbs-Down to Tilray | The Motley Fool

I too would prefer not to add more shovelable crops

9 hours ago, Fufuji said:

Please make Brightshades try hard not to spawn in our base too

I think the point of having the brightshades is that they are intended to do this. They seem to be like a later game added "hound wave-style" mechanic. It should not be a problem though s they do not destroy anything, you just have to kill them to get your plants back. We were never intended to just "chill" and "be safe" inside our bases. This is sill a survival game, and threats are a main part of the gameplay.

• Like 7
  • Big Ups 1

22 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:
  • Lunar Rifts will now try very hard to spawn outside of base areas.
  •  

I appreciate it Mr Lunar Rift but sadly i'm still gonna kill you

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

I too would prefer not to add more shovelable crops

I agree here like I get it convience is nice and all but realistically we're heading to a point where you never have to revisit biomes for their benefits which is saddening I feel like if revisiting areas for resources are tedious then we should instead make the process more enjoyable rather than creating a mega biome with every resource you could ever need.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

If I understand the code right, the way the new mushroom regrowth works is that they take 20 whole days to regrow, but the timer counts twice as fast during the phase of the day in which the mushroom color is pickable.

So in a Lights Out world, blue mushrooms would always take 10 days before attempting to regrow, and red and green ones 20 days. In a world with a normal day-night cycle, it'll always be somewhere in between, with the time being shorter in seasons where the phase in which the mushroom color is pickable is longer.

Sources:

lines 197-212 of components/regrowthmanager.lua:

Spoiler
-- NOTES(JBK): Not doing the season type for when mushrooms spore because mushrooms do not grow in Winter making the blue ones get no bonuses.
local function RedMushroomRegrowth()
    return _worldstate.isday and TUNING.MUSHROOM_REGROWTH_TIME_FAST_MULT or
    TUNING.MUSHROOM_REGROWTH_TIME_MULT
end
local function GreenMushroomRegrowth()
    return _worldstate.isdusk and TUNING.MUSHROOM_REGROWTH_TIME_FAST_MULT or
end
local function BlueMushroomRegrowth()
    return _worldstate.isnight and TUNING.MUSHROOM_REGROWTH_TIME_FAST_MULT or
end
self:SetRegrowthForType("red_mushroom", TUNING.MUSHROOM_REGROWTH_TIME, "red_mushroom", RedMushroomRegrowth)
self:SetRegrowthForType("green_mushroom", TUNING.MUSHROOM_REGROWTH_TIME, "green_mushroom", GreenMushroomRegrowth)
self:SetRegrowthForType("blue_mushroom", TUNING.MUSHROOM_REGROWTH_TIME, "blue_mushroom", BlueMushroomRegrowth)

and lines 3012-3014 of tuning.lua:

Spoiler
        MUSHROOM_REGROWTH_TIME = total_day_time * 20,
        MUSHROOM_REGROWTH_TIME_MULT = 1,
        MUSHROOM_REGROWTH_TIME_FAST_MULT = 2,

On 5/1/2023 at 8:20 PM, Master_NiX said:

what about mushroom trees?

All four mushroom tree types were already affected by both offspring regrowth and desolation regrowth, with the exception of lunar mushtrees, which seem to only be affected by offspring regrowth: no mention of "mushtree_moon" in components/desolationspawner.lua.

Edited by bjanmanjs
Clarification.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I agree here like I get it convience is nice and all but realistically we're heading to a point where you never have to revisit biomes for their benefits which is saddening I feel like if revisiting areas for resources are tedious then we should instead make the process more enjoyable rather than creating a mega biome with every resource you could ever need.

agree. I feel like, people who say that gathering these resources are tedious/ annoying are the people who only see combat as the "challenge" of the game. As a survival game, gathering resources and resisting elements are part of the game's "challenge". Which challenge is annoying nd which ones are "challenging" would just be a matter of perspective for each players preferences. Some people like to farm and gather and find fighting bosses annoying, while some people think the opposite.

• Like 4
  • Shopcat 1

14 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

The only plants that would be relocatable from this change would be Cacti, Light Flowers, Reeds, and Cave Lichen. If you're using these for resources rather than as decoration by the point you've killed Celestial Champion, what are you even doing with your life

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SomebodyRandom said:

The only plants that would be relocatable from this change would be Cacti, Light Flowers, Reeds, and Cave Lichen. If you're using these for resources rather than as decoration by the point you've killed Celestial Champion, what are you even doing with your life

That's some weird logic to me so the idea is since you beat celestial champion you shouldn't have to work for anything anymore? At that point why not just c spawn the stuff in base for decorations or just make it so we can change seasons at will I mean we beat the current last boss I guess we may as well completely deconstruct any unique mechanics or aspects.

• Shopcat 1

For my argument of “diggable undiggables”, I definitely would like the feature, but maybe not right after CC. 

I always have issues with destroying undiggable plants, especially if they are not part of world regrowth. If you are trying to make a build and an undiggable is in the way, you either need to deal with it being there (which often gets in the way of decorations) or burn it and permanently lose a resource in the world just because it was in the way of decor.

Something I feel that would be neat is if it was in the way of nettle vines from hamlet. You could dig up nettle vines, but planting them on most turfs made them practically useless. You needed to either plant them in the biome they originated from* (which often caused them to be placed unevenly due to the terrain), or craft dense turf, which was only really feasible later on once you had an excess of bulbs. I don’t feel the turf mechanic would be ideal for later use, but some sort of fertilizer that you plant on a “incompatible” undiggables plant would cause it to work normally that needs resources from later in would be cool.

*For reference, I do mean biome as in where they originated, not just taking the turf and putting it where you want to plant them. DST can track biomes compared to the turf, so this should work.

Edited by Maxil20
There we go!
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

Something I feel that would be neat is if it was in the way of nettle vines from hamlet. You could dig up nettle vines, but planting them on most turfs made them practically useless. You needed to either plant them in the biome they originated from*

This is somewhat a fair compromise I'd say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

That's some weird logic to me so the idea is since you beat celestial champion you shouldn't have to work for anything anymore? At that point why not just c spawn the stuff in base for decorations or just make it so we can change seasons at will I mean we beat the current last boss I guess we may as well completely deconstruct any unique mechanics or aspects.

Oh yeah let me use mods or console commands for my decoration in my videogame that only has mods or console commands in ONE platform out of all places where the game is available to play. The argument for "relocating these resources would make the game too easy" is stupid in the first place because cactus flesh and cave lichen are useless by that point in the game and wild reeds and light flowers are replaced by monkeytails and Forest Stalker by that point in the game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Oh yeah let me use mods or console commands for my decoration in my videogame that only has mods or console commands in ONE platform out of all places where the game is available to play. The argument for "relocating these resources would make the game too easy" is stupid in the first place because cactus flesh and cave lichen are useless by that point in the game and wild reeds and light flowers are replaced by monkeytails and Forest Stalker by that point in the game.

The point isn't that it makes it too easy there are alternatives my issue is it robs biomes of any remaining uniqueness they have increasingly less reasons to revisit and no I don't see it as a reasonable argument that because we became good at the game we shouldn't need to go anywhere to get resources even if they aren't as valuable I still feel iffy about the existence of monkeytails even. The idea that you "beat" the game and therefore should be able to terraform absolutely everything you come across is extremely emersion breaking in my opinion at least. I'd prefer Maxil20's idea far more if we're so good we don't need anything offered regardless make it decorative only with no resource based benefits.

Just to be clear the argument defending this for me at least feels like asking for a item that makes all bosses netural to all players after you've defeated them all it very much could be made and could be defended in a similar manner as well as becoming a interesting idea for base building and if you can beat every boss it's not like it's a problem but it would be incredibly emersion breaking wouldn't it? No I'm not saying what your saying is as outrageous as that but it gives me a similar feeling if that makes my standpoint easier to understand.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Like 1

The problem with being able to remove resources out of one biome and into another is that you never ever ever EVER need to revisit the biome those resources originated from ever again.

Imagine if you could’ve done that in SOLO DS and how much Damn Easier the 5 Chapter Structured Adventures Campaign would’ve been if you could’ve just moved the resources from where their located to Whereever YOU wanted them..

It removes the entire point of biomes, it would had nullified the intentionally placed Puzzles & Obstacles, making the entire campaign a Joke.

I ALSO Hate the idea that high health annoying bosses is the only thing people find to be a “challenge” in a game franchise that had an Entire Adventures Mode that didn’t feature a single boss ONE..

The Don’t Starve Franchise took a Drastic turn in gameplay focus when almost every single update for DST involves a new Boss, and if it doesn’t involve a Boss.. it has a incredibly long lengthy questline that EVENTUALLY Involves a Boss anyway (cough cough, Pearls Pearl & CK) it gets Disheartening and Annoying to me TBH.

And then people have the nerve to tell me I don’t know anything about DS because I won’t fight the bosses/do these lengthy quests tied to bosses..

That is NOT what I Originally enjoyed the franchise for..

And every update that WAS meant to be geared towards me and the survival aspects of the game I enjoyed was cried about and nerf’d into near non-existence.

With all these passive resources being added to world Regrowth & being Relocatable so you never need to leave your base unless your going to fight yet another stupid boss…

Klei needs to add the Hostile Ones into World Regrowth Too.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The problem with being able to remove resources out of one biome and into another is that you never ever ever EVER need to revisit the biome those resources originated from ever again.

Brightshade Shoevel being able to dig up undiggables would actually increase our need to go to those biomes because then we need to dig up the plants so we can use them to decorate our base.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Brightshade Shoevel being able to dig up undiggables would actually increase our need to go to those biomes because then we need to dig up the plants so we can use them to decorate our base.

No the fact you can only access them there is the reason removing them means there is zero justification to return yea someone might not use them, but if they ever wanted to in the future they need to go there. Whereas if you make them diggable you essentially delete the biome.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Sanity 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1