[Game Update] - 534050

• Developer

Bug Fixes

• Fixed controller bug where Stop action sometimes does not show when using Magician’s Top Hat.
  • Fixed bug with Tackle Box being dropped at the wrong location when opened out of the shadow dimensional storage.
  • When pirate boats despawn, they will no longer remove things around them that aren’t actually on the boat.
  • Pirate stash is now inspectable.
  • Fixed save/load issues with pirate stash.
  • Fixed save/load issues with Terrarium.
  • Fixed bugs with Eye/Twins of Terror if they were despawned off-screen.
  • Fixed bugs with Terrarium behavior if Twins of Terror are killed right as they are trying to fly away in the morning.
  • Fixed bug with Bee Queen’s pathfinding failing when over the ocean or boats.
  • Fixed some creatures not panicking while under the effect of Shadow Sneak.
  • Fixed being able to use the Deconstruction Staff on Purple Gem and Living Logs, resulting in nothing.
  • Fixed Shadow Servants getting stuck in a loop when their tasks overlap with very close targets.
  • Fixed various animation bugs for Briar Wolf.
  • Fixed The Wormwood O'Lantern skin’s hands being the wrong colour in the character specific idle animation.

View full update

• Like 37
  • Thanks 3
  • Shopcat 1
  • GL Happy 1

• Developer
4 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Were these given drops or were their ability to be deconstructed removed entirely? I'm imaging the latter. 

It's the latter, they can't be targeted for deconstruction.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Fixed bug with Bee Queen’s pathfinding failing when over the ocean or boats.

Just tested this now, Bee queen will now no longer stay in one place if you are fighting on a boat. Making boat cheese less effective, you may all do with that information as you please.

• Sad 2
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

2 hours ago, Notecja said:

tbh somebody reported it in bugs, and few other things as well.

I have only used it a couple of times but I don't think exploits like these should be fixed at all, if there ever was a time to do so it would be when the fight is much more manageable as a solo player without needing so many resources.

DST is a sandbox game, which means I should have many ways to solve any problem I encounter. Some exploits are such a big part of the game as they have existed from release and there's really no reason to remove them just because some players don't like how someone else plays the game.

This is very disappointing to see.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 2
  • Sanity 1

17 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

at this point just rework beequeen

I’m pretty sure they plan to. I do recall mr JoeW saying that they could’ve done things a bit differently when the whole forum was all about how much Dragonfly does or does not need scaling/an overhaul.

Besides we won’t know the full extent of Klei’s bigger vision until we get to it.. and from the teases they throw around- 2023’s Roadmap is full of exciting stuff that they’re gonna have a hard time keeping hush hush about it until the Roadmap.

To ME that sounds like we’re gonna get a little more then just to drip feed of reworks, small updates & QoLs we’ve been getting.

I don’t want to set my hopes up “too high” but I’m hoping 2023/2024 will bring new ways the world generates, new or improved mob a.i. behavior settings, more difficulty settings to make the game both simultaneously easier or harder at the same time, If I’m really really lucky-

The other 5 Playable characters from Solo DS & an actual multi-chapter Adventures mode.

And to me removing the “cheese methods” simply means very clearly that that is not the way Klei “intended” for people to Engage with that content. I am far more excited to see the cheese methods completely patched out, but to also make the intended method exciting, fun, and engaging to the player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

is not the way Klei “intended” for people to Engage with that content.

They just forgot to give us the tutorial, so we can know what is intended or not :D

Bro, there isnt a intended way to play the game.

Edited by dois raios
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sanity 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

And to me removing the “cheese methods” simply means very clearly that that is not the way Klei “intended” for people to Engage with that content. I am far more excited to see the cheese methods completely patched out, but to also make the intended method exciting, fun, and engaging to the player.

There isn't an intended way to play a sandbox game, you are given a world that you can mold as you want to. The fewer possibilities there are, the worse players are off.

What does bee queen boat pathing matter to all the players that want to fight without using it? Only people that used it can notice that it is gone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

There isn't an intended way to play a sandbox game, you are given a world that you can mold as you want to. The fewer possibilities there are, the worse players are off.

What does bee queen boat pathing matter to all the players that want to fight without using it? Only people that used it can notice that it is gone.

Well clearly Klei doesn't intend people to abuse buggy boat AI path finding for bee queen :wilson_ecstatic:

Bee queen deliberately has a pretty mad kite pattern, shes always running away leaving you to chase after her through her honey trails..... the boat glitch removes this.

This bug fix only really effects wendy players anyway. Winona, who can easily kill bee queen solo by day 10 with no cheese, was/is always a better choice for killing bee queen for both solo an coop play. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Well clearly Klei doesn't intend people to abuse buggy boat AI path finding for bee queen

Klei didn't intend numerous things that are currently in the game. Just because something wasn't intended when it was made by developers doesn't mean that it should be removed or that it is bad.

Would anyone who has played a few thousands hours say that they want everything that wasn't intended in the game to be removed? It would be even more unfriendly towards base building, why would you even play that much on a world without just outright resetting if you don't have anything to set up to make it easier as you build?

8 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

This bug fix only really effects wendy players anyway. Winona, who can easily kill bee queen solo by day 10 with no cheese, was/is always a better choice for killing bee queen for both solo an coop play. 

Doesn't matter, I've only used this a few times but I don't want to see exploits that give more options to players removed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

Klei didn't intend numerous things that are currently in the game. Just because something wasn't intended when it was made by developers doesn't mean that it should be removed or that it is bad.

True but our lords of Klei Entertainment have spoken and this bee queen glitch has been fixed :wilsoalmostangelic:

Which i agree in, it makes the fight a boring, easy, hold F fight instead of a fight requiring an army of followers or rarer speed boost items. Bee queen has awesome drops that you should work for.

3 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

Would anyone who has played a few thousands hours say that they want everything that wasn't intended in the game to be removed? It would be even more unfriendly towards base building, why would you even play that much on a world without just outright resetting if you don't have anything to set up to make it easier as you build?

Anyone who has played a few thousand hours realise that instead of abusing exploits lategame for day 5000 mega-base building:

GetPlayer().components.builder:GiveAllRecipes() command exists.

If you are going to cheat atleast commit to it.

Ofc i dont speak for the poor console players tho... exploiting is kinda justified for you in that case.

• Haha 1

Believe it or not open world sandbox games still have to adhere to the rules the developers intend for it to play by. Open world doesn’t suddenly mean there are no rules..

When it comes to things that the devs feel are Exploits, those weren’t intended to be part of the game, it’s also pretty reasonable to think that since the ocean content in DST is still very much a work in progress- that there would be things with boating they didn’t intend to be done..

Aka Beequeen Cheese & Shadow Chess parts cheese both were problems brought into the game when they added the new boats.

you can say why do you care if what you do doesn’t effect me- and you’d also be wrong.. what YOU do does effect me, especially if I’m playing in the same game with you.. I may want to fight a boss the intended way but other players want to use an easy exploit method.

Theres a reason Klei spends the time to patch/change these things, and it’s not just because a few select group of people want it patched out.. they have an intended method or methods of doing things- and when players are doing something unintended they will fix it.

We as players can complain that the easy cheesy methods are being removed, or we can toggle 33% less damage from all sources and do the fights without the cheap cheese.

Eitherway Sandbox does NOT nor has it ever meant: “There are no rules” 

• Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

Which i agree in, it makes the fight a boring, easy, hold F fight instead of a fight requiring an army of followers or rarer speed boost items. Bee queen has awesome drops that you should work for.

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

Anyone who has played a few thousand hours realise that instead of abusing exploits lategame for day 5000 mega-base building:

GetPlayer().components.builder:GiveAllRecipes() command exists.

If you are going to cheat atleast commit to it.

Comparing spawning items to cheese, at that point you might as well say that you are one of the people that wants to force players to play how you think a sandbox game should be played. Might as well suggest removing catapults and minions, as that is not fun for you as it is lets you hold F without caring about doing anything else.

Even if we say that it is cheating, which it really isn't, why would it matter? These cheese methods aren't intuitive or something that you would do the first few times you fight bosses anyway, why does it have to be removed if it doesn't affect you.

The only time it could affect you is on a public server where players should fight however they want, you can just sit out the fight if the method isn't to your liking and wait for it to respawn.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 4