[Game Update] - 534050

17 minutes ago, PetulantPansy said:

Again, people are taking this too far.

This updated patched out a bug in BQ's pathfinding. 

The pan flute and its use on bosses has nothing to do with a bug. Why bring it up? You think the devs never thought about the pan flute and its potential uses on bosses when they introduced it?

Sure it a bug now, but what's next?

They'll burn down my crops, poison my water supply and dare I say it.. shoot my dog.

But seriously, no I'm not invested in this change. I think you're grossly overestimating my outrage in case you think I'm taking it "too far". I actually just want to make my point clear. Sorry if I came off as otherwise.

It's a small facet of an otherwise large game however if you see something that you're displeased with then you should be able to voice your opinion and sometimes doing so requires you to repeat yourself more than once or to try and make things clearer.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 4
  • GL Happy 1

22 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Sure it a bug now, but what's next?

They'll burn down my crops, poison my water supply and dare I say it.. shoot my dog.

But seriously, no I'm not invested in this change. I think you're grossly overestimating my outrage in case you think I'm taking it "too far". I actually just want to make my point clear. Sorry if I came off as otherwise.

It's a small facet of an otherwise large game however if you see something that you're displeased with then you should be able to voice your opinion and sometimes doing so requires you to repeat yourself more than once or to try and make things clearer.

I'm all for civil discussion and everyone's voice to be heard. I just didn't quite understand how bringing up the pan flute (which has nothing to do with a bug at the moment) furthers your point on why patching out a path finding bug may not have been such a great idea. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PetulantPansy said:

I'm all for civil discussion and everyone's voice to be heard. I just didn't quite understand how bringing up the pan flute (which has nothing to do with a bug at the moment) furthers your point on why patching out a path finding bug may not have been such a great idea. 

Unfortunately a lot of claims point out that some people are upset because they think the removal of this bug means the removal of an easy bee queen kill. However that isn't the case, nor has ever been the case. 

Some also think the removal of this bug was specifically TO remove an easy bee queen kill which may/or may be not the case (perhaps they simply don't want bee queen to behave like this in which case I do hope they are open to criticism and discourse) and I was sarcastically saying that if Klei was indeed trying to remove "easy kills" then they have much bigger fish to fry. That was more meant towards them and less so the developers. 

So I do think it has relevance as a counter for those who think "easy kills" wether bugs or not, have no place in the game. 

Not to mention this "cheese" requires more healing, armor and weapons than other bee queen cheeses in the game, so that argument makes even less sense.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

"easy kills"

I don't really think panflute spam equates to breaking ai pathfinding via boats especially for flying enemies which shouldn't have that trouble with walls/water.

I really wish someone listed all the "possibilities" this game provides for "killing" cause at the end of the day it's all the same to me.

Catapults, mobs, fire, or just some simple kiting it's not like the game gives that many tools since at most all we get is "walls", invincible walls (bones/statues), and boats which all just wonk out the dumb ai and then a bunch of dumb turrets(catapult/shootius).

There's really not that many mechanics to work with.

• Like 3
  • Sanity 1

Hey I just want to throw my two cents in here and say I've been playing since 2015 and this is how Klei has literally always done things and this is how people literally always react. If a piece of content has a wonky or bad feeling interaction, even if the code is working 100% properly and everything is doing what it's "supposed" to, they'll change it if they notice it. I understand the reasons behind being bothered by that, but I find claims that Klei's going to remove entire game mechanics like the panflute or that they've somehow gotten worse about doing this very very silly. It's always been like this and I doubt passive-aggressively complaining about it for the 7th year in a row is going to do anything, just like it didn't do anything for fire farms or having a lit lantern in your backpack or chopping burning trees in one hit or holding backpacks in your inventory or walking on water or putting SW boats on land or etc etc etc.

• Like 6
  • Health 1

1 hour ago, sylvia wander o said:

Hey I just want to throw my two cents in here and say I've been playing since 2015 and this is how Klei has literally always done things and this is how people literally always react. If a piece of content has a wonky or bad feeling interaction, even if the code is working 100% properly and everything is doing what it's "supposed" to, they'll change it if they notice it. I understand the reasons behind being bothered by that, but I find claims that Klei's going to remove entire game mechanics like the panflute or that they've somehow gotten worse about doing this very very silly. It's always been like this and I doubt passive-aggressively complaining about it for the 7th year in a row is going to do anything, just like it didn't do anything for fire farms or having a lit lantern in your backpack or chopping burning trees in one hit or holding backpacks in your inventory or walking on water or putting SW boats on land or etc etc etc.

I think I'm the only one that said the panflute thing and it was it aimed at forumers not the developers.

People were exaggerating about the bug fix being aimed at disabling cheese when it was probably a consequence of fixing woky ai on water. I exaggerated in return.

Just wanted to make that clear. I find that arguments are sometimes made taking things out of context to make the opposition look bad. Or misrepresenting what they're trying to convey.

Peace. :-D

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Sad Dupe 1