[Game Update] - 534050

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

Anyone who has played a few thousand hours realise that instead of abusing exploits lategame for day 5000 mega-base building:

GetPlayer().components.builder:GiveAllRecipes() command exists.

If you are going to cheat atleast commit to it.

Comparing cheesing to using console commands is just...

Okay Just

Okay

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I always thought part of the fun in sandbox games was adjusting to changes and creativity, but apparently it's about doing the same thing one way every time and rage quitting when it's not possible. You learn something new everyday.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 2

3 minutes ago, BezKa said:

I always thought part of the fun in sandbox games was adjusting to changes and creativity, but apparently it's about doing the same thing one way every time and rage quitting when it's not possible. You learn something new everyday.

I think most people would rather have 20 different ways to do a fight and only end up using 1 than only have 1 way to do the fight to begin with

• Like 8
  • Big Ups 2

If you don't fight Bee Queen with 3 players, a Woodie Wolfgang and Wendy, with two spears and a hammer, you can't defeat her. That is the intended method to fight her as we see in the DST 2021 Gameplay trailer: https://youtu.be/dU-aq2JbLkk?t=32

7 minutes ago, BezKa said:

I always thought part of the fun in sandbox games was adjusting to changes and creativity

There aren't any new Bee Queen strategies though, this only takes some away doesn't create anything new. Any person who wanted to fight Bee Queen differently before could, now people who didn't want to fight her with the boat method can't. Should be up to the player what they choose to do.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

28 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Sometimes I wonder if the klei team try to set up new players for failure since the trailer survivors are always so geared up oddly or just plain out equipped with nothing.

My favorite is in the Forgotten Knowledge trailer, when Maxwell is using a dark sword in the lunar grotto, using no armor, getting attacked by a greater gestalt, and just not dying

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gashzer said:

Bee queen deliberately has a pretty mad kite pattern, shes always running away leaving you to chase after her through her honey trails..... the boat glitch removes this.

Honey trail dosen't do anything. Only honey from her attacks slows players down. 

• Like 3

Why do most people on these forums hate actually having to kill bosses properly with no pathfinding exploits?

I can somewhat understand a nicely made grumble bee maze (even tho bees should just fly straight over!) That requires abit of brains, creativity and prep. This patched boat glitch has no creativity to it. It just straight up breaks bee queens AI pathfinding. How can anyone here expect Klei to sit by while a very easily replicated bug plagues one of their most fought bosses?

If you think the fight is boring or bad and that Klei should rework it, thats fine but defending bugs using the excuse of "its more options for the players" is a lie. Exploits generally limit the options players WANT to use. Why would i choose any other option than the easiest? 

Very bad game design if 95% of your player base use a boat glitch to kill bee queen.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

7 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Why do most people on these forums hate actually having to kill bosses properly with no pathfinding exploits?

i dont cheese anything, i even stopped to use walls on df with any character but that doesnt mean i should do a witch hunt, i have better things to do like playing this game the way i want. I never liked methods that broke the inmersion but doesnt affect me how others have fun with a sand box

also cheesing df with walls/ using fences to fight BQ/ using stronger characters like old wolf to beat FW/ abusing army of followers/etc made me learn how to beat the bosses little by little and now i have the confidence and experience to fight them in the """"intended""""" way. Also know what? how i play now feels slightly differnt to how i played which is good cuz made the game less repetitive even after 5k hours

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

We  better patch out the whole panflute too because that makes Beequeen so much easier than the boat method. Not to mention being an "exploit" on all bosses that can be put to sleep. 

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

I do not understand why people are panicking about the bee queen boat cheese. 

1. It requires a wendy for it to work well

2. Wendy can still solo the bee queen fight with ease with just 3 marble suits and 3 bee hats (take 4 marble suits to be safe). The armor requirements are pretty much identical to the bee queen boat method. The only difference? Now you have to walk around and follow bee queen.

I legit don't understand the outrage over taking a few extra steps to accomplish the exact same thing as before. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Sometimes I wonder if the klei team try to set up new players for failure since the trailer survivors are always so geared up oddly or just plain out equipped with nothing.

Maybe they have secret WX drones with cameras attached that fly around on Klei servers secretly recording people, and that's where they get their gameplay footage from.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

You can Perma stunlock Beequeen with sleep. That couldn't possibly be how the fight was intended. Better squash that too.

See this is how I look at things- if a lot of people were using really easy methods to obtain a certain item within the game, then the entire game was played with the mindset that X incorrect amount of players at X incorrect fake skill threshold was able to obtain and use X Weapon/Item or blueprint. 

What this means is that more players were obtaining bundling wrap recipes and BQ crowns then they otherwise would’ve been able to without the cheap boss just stands there letting you kill it method.

This isn’t a “jab” at anyones skill level it’s simply stating a fact that some people were using exploits to obtain well let’s just call them “Progression Items”

Now see here is what ALOT of Forum members (& probably also Klei devs themselves sometime..) do NOT pay attention to: If Less players can actually fight the Bee Queen to obtain important crafts such as Bundling Wrap.. for people like me who have NEVER killed BQ- rather that was with or without an exploit or solo or with a group…

For people who haven’t been able to slay BQ this means they don’t have Bundling Wraps (this can be bypassed with WintersFeast gift wrap but still I’m making a point) For people who DO NOT have this important craft unlocked- Them people are quite literally playing the entire game a different way then people who DO Have it unlocked-

Because those people without Bundle Wrap are literally running around the game with their food and Hambats on a “Spoil Timer”

If fixing this boat cheese exploit means less people can fight BQ and get this important game changing item- then Klei would be able to make a decision to tweak the BQ fight to be easier to complete, or to remove the highly important game changing craft from her loot pool.

They don’t just make these changes because a select few group of players whines to have cheese removed.. they have legitimate higher tier motifs behind these things.

13 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

I have only used it a couple of times but I don't think exploits like these should be fixed at all, if there ever was a time to do so it would be when the fight is much more manageable as a solo player without needing so many resources.

DST is a sandbox game, which means I should have many ways to solve any problem I encounter. Some exploits are such a big part of the game as they have existed from release and there's really no reason to remove them just because some players don't like how someone else plays the game.

This is very disappointing to see.

cheese is fine if it is slightly better than the normal fight but when you rely on it so much that you cant even deal with its removal it NEEDS to be removed :applause:

30 minutes ago, Thrul said:

cheese is fine if it is slightly better than the normal fight but when you rely on it so much that you cant even deal with its removal it NEEDS to be removed :applause:

you're completely missing the point, people are upset not because the """"""cheese"""""" was good (it barely did anything and that's only as one specific character), people are upset because it's becoming even more commonplace for the devs to remove completely harmless strategies that don't affect anyone's experience and only add more variety to the game

but I guess I'm wrong and I'm just whining because using a boat was some instant win button that let you kill bee queen in 3 seconds without armor and I shouldn't be allowed to have fun

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Thrul said:

But... You don't rely on it?

This is an specially concerning reply given you're replying to someone who has a wicker profile picture. The point isn't that we rely on this method, there are many methods to which you can kill bee queen without it fighting back. 

This was a harmless bug that allowed you to fight bee queen in a different way. There is still a way to get her stuck between mobs and you can hold attack until it dies. This isn't even about speedrunning since wolfgang can kill her much faster using panflute spam. 

I think a lot of people are missing the point...

Though I do hope this is seen, because bee queen isn't a fun fight imo. It would be interesting if bee queen had a different fight on water even. Just something to spice up a rather boring and drawn out fight.

But that's just my opinion, my game opinion.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

4 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

You can Perma stunlock Beequeen with sleep. That couldn't possibly be how the fight was intended. Better squash that too.

Again, people are taking this too far.

This updated patched out a bug in BQ's pathfinding. 

The pan flute and its use on bosses has nothing to do with a bug. Why bring it up? You think the devs never thought about the pan flute and its potential uses on bosses when they introduced it?

• Like 2