[Game Update] - 526197

• Developer

Bug Fixes

• Fixed some crashes when interrupting a Stage performance.
  • Fixed a rare crash when saving while Bearger is getting ready to spawn.
  • Briars can now be inspected.
  • Fixed hatching eggs not looking for all heater and chiller sources for the egg to hatch.
  • Fixed a bug where setting the World Reset Time to instant didn’t actually reset the world instantly.
  • Smallbirds and Smallish Tallbirds will no longer trigger Tooth Trap, Bee Mine, and Anenemy Traps.
  • Fixed an issue allowing multiple players to begin a Stage performance at the same time.
  • The Mannequin will now toss dropped items instead of dropping them at the same location.
  • Added new inspection lines for burnt Mannequins.
  • The Florid Postern will now always be in the world, regardless of what world settings you have selected.
  • Fixed a bug where the Tin Fishin’ Bin could be left on the land where it overhangs the ocean, after destroying a dock it was placed on.
  • Fixed the fishing themed boom to correctly have a chance to add a Hardened Rubber Bung.
  • Fixed a bug with Maxwell’s comment during the Stage performance.
  • Fixed a Steam Workshop client mod list issue preventing more than 50 mods from downloading.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the Stage's harp narration from playing sounds.
  • Players will now speak with their acting animations at all times when standing on a Stage.
  • Fixed Polar Light animation glitches.
  • Fixed Maxwell’s Krampwell Costume skin having discoloured shirts and missing teeth.
  • Fixed Queen Mask shadows when looking down.
  • Fixed Mannequin shoulder tufts disappearing when it holds an item.

Notes for Modders

• Hatchable component now has a chiller preference for when it is desired to chill an egg to make the creature hatch instead of heating it.

View full update

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Fixed a bug where setting the World Reset Time to instant didn’t actually reset the world instantly.

Literally just posted this as I was reporting this, awesome.
Question, can wearing a life amulet or using a meat effigy prevent this? Like in classic DS?

• Like 4
  • Sanity 1

12 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Question, can wearing a life amulet or using a meat effigy prevent this? Like in classic DS?

Nope, but it'd be interesting if setting death timer to instant would make respawning behave like a mixture of DS & DST (Life amulet needs to be equipped to revive if everyone else is dead, otherwise if ghost mode is enabled then you can haunt it but you would need to activate touch stones to use them otherwise they would be useless in solo worlds).

As of right now, if you're alone, instant respawn timer is permadeath lol.

Edited by SomebodyRandom
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Anenemy Traps

Isn't this a bit of a weird design choice? I understand Tooth traps and Bee mines completely as I can see the idea is to have them be treated like players. However Anenemies still attack players unlike tooth traps and bee mines, so I find it a bit weird smallbirds/teenbirds were made immune to these too.

I won't get caught up over it since it's such a small thing but I thought it to be weird, :D.

• Like 9
  • Sanity 2
  • Big Ups 1

22 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Smallbirds and Smallish Tallbirds will no longer trigger Tooth Trap, Bee Mine, and Anenemy Traps.

This is very cool, so glad this got added in, even small things like this make raising tallbirds much more fun.

4 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Isn't this a bit of a weird design choice? I understand Tooth traps and Bee mines completely as I can see the idea is to have them be treated like players. However Anenemies still attack players unlike tooth traps and bee mines, so I find it a bit weird smallbirds/teenbirds were made immune to these too.

I won't get caught up over it since it's such a small thing but I thought it to be weird, :D.

and i can see how the anenemies wanna eat the little birds

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I understand why this was implemented, for if you had a friend who placed anenemies in the tooth trap area it would only take one hit to kill off your smallbird, which could cause a decent amount of unintentional griefing. I think making the smallbirds/teenbirds walk around/avoid the anenemies makes much more sense, for it would not only keep your smallbirds/teenbirds safe, but also normal birds actually avoid anenemies when flying to the ground so why couldn't this behavior be applied to another feathered fellow.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

and i can see how the anenemies wanna eat the little birds

Venus flytraps, in comparison, do not shut their maw if the prey is too light/small and doesn't trigger their mechanism enough. That, or the plant simply lets them walk out from amid their teeth without offering any resistance/secreting digestive fluids. You could say similarly that smallbirds are simply considered "not worth biting" in this case; they're so light-steppers that they don't scare other birds away unlike their parents.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Fixed an issue preventing the Stage's harp narration from playing sounds.

I have some feedback on this.

Maybe it's just me, but unfortunately, I'm finding it harder to read the harp narration now.

Here are two samples. Sample A is before this fix, Sample B is the current fix.

Sample A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_1qe5tf2Wg

Sample B: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzEurK68XgA

Is anyone else struggling to read the narration now?

Edited by lakhnish
  • Like 1

I've already found the stage and another building added to the world but I haven't played enough to find these bugs.

Thank you for your quick fix and those who reported.

I got a miner's hat on the first try, are you going to make it that easy or will it complicate/difficult later?

Difficulty is one of the most interesting things about the game. A lot of people want something more challenging, and I don't know how I feel about getting a miner's hat so early in the game.

But here goes my contribution/suggestion to make things more interesting. How about adding an option to hide the sanity meter?

Or maybe a game mode where it is not visible?Like the insanity mode other players are suggesting.

Thank you very much, see you in the next game update.

2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Fixed Maxwell’s Krampwell Costume skin having discoloured shirts and missing teeth.

Any chance you guys could look at these few Wes skins? (Funny enough, exactly one year to the date I made this bug report about it lol). Their shirts/pants do something similar to this Maxwell issue, but only if you equip something else, as shown in the bug report and below:

image.png.829dac44a20a8c6fd374de501216ad6c.pngimage.png.4aba7a32163236f6485761237f456378.pngimage.png.970b2cb2f1627d52abc5db2b41853868.png

image.png.8323fa06b39634ce0dd9b9edca5497a2.pngimage.png.376a83235ab5d46ea1adfe1cd96f2775.pngimage.png.2ab9e5a5491337af0e4d185bae24605d.png

image.png.8f4cb725c47fa1bc826001f26794eaa1.pngimage.png.ce94ca66e18a12a67a2e9f61ed23c519.pngimage.png.77be28559e454c3bf50b78375ec33a09.png

Edited by Dr. Safety
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Fixed hatching eggs not looking for all heater and chiller sources for the egg to hatch.

What does this mean? Does it mean that now Tallbird eggs can get heat or cool from every hot and cold source and not only campfires and firepits?

• Sanity 1

39 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

Could bonded beefalos receive the same treatment, please, at least in case tooth traps?

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Please!

11 hours ago, Hornete said:

It is inconsistent, but it is good to have in practice.

An intelligent player will receive feedback "ow, this hurts" and will learn.

Dumb AI NPCs will not learn. They will simply die.

15 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Thanks for the update! Could the team maybe look in to the possibility of shaving off the rose vines on the statues, or maybe "purify" them from the vines? Especially the Maxwell statues make for a great decoration but the rose vines can sometimes be undesirable in certain builds.

20 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

The Florid Postern will now always be in the world, regardless of what world settings you have selected

Does this mean it’ll show up on wilderness servers? I’m not sure I’d like that to actually be the case. Not having a Florid postern is what makes wilderness unique

• Like 2