[Game Update] - 522362

• Developer

Changes

• Mind’s Eye Amulet has an updated more accurate description.
  • Merm and Merm Guard AI changed to give more room to their leader and to not run away when a player tries giving the Merm something.
    • Lower loyal Merms will be less inclined to respect personal space.
  • Frozen Lavae will now count as dead at the time they are frozen instead of after they thaw.
    • This stops an unfun timing window with the Dragonfly in the fight when the Dragonfly is put to sleep.
  • Updating various Chinese translations.

Bug Fixes

• Gameplay
    • Fixed Wortox not getting souls when:
      • Killing a Wobster while it is on land.
      • Something alive perishes from spoiling while in the player’s inventory.
      • Cooking something alive.
    • Fixed Toadstool’s Sporecaps from managing to get on top of ponds.
    • Fixed boats not saving their velocity resulting in them to be at rest on load.
      • Boats saved before the patch will be at rest on load but will preserve velocity after saving.
    • Fixed all spiders and Naked Mole Bats ignoring earthquakes for real this time.
  • Art
    • Fixed Dangling Depth Dweller’s cheeks and mouth colouring.
    • Fixed Celestial Crown disappearing on Wes during the custom inspection animations.
    • Adjusted colour tones for the Library Placard and the Walnut Bookstack to match up with the other existing walnut items.
  • Crashes
    • Fixed cases with the Pirate Stash stashing disappearing entities.

Notes for Modders

• Fixed Berry Bush variant 2 going invisible if it is in the disease state.
  • Added back diseased build for the Grass Gekko.
  • Moved all diseased assets from ANIM to PKGREF so they are not loaded into memory at runtime for the base game.

View full update

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4
  • GL Happy 1

17 hours ago, sylvia wander o said:

image.png.280b94b6cbc01634d62059f1731e0805.png

SUPER happy about this!! It's a small change but it's so so nice <3 <3 <3

Ayyy I still dont know if they were different or not. haha. damn eyes.

Edit: People laugh but it hurts me emotionally.

Edited by Evelo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Changes

• Merm and Merm Guard AI changed to give more room to their leader and to not run away when a player tries giving the Merm something.
  • Frozen Lavae will now count as dead at the time they are frozen instead of after they thaw.
    • This stops an unfun timing window with the Dragonfly in the fight when the Dragonfly is put to sleep.

Bug Fixes

• Gameplay
    • Fixed boats not saving their velocity resulting in them to be at rest on load.
      • Boats saved before the patch will be at rest on load but will preserve velocity after saving.
    • Fixed all spiders and Naked Mole Bats ignoring earthquakes for real this time.
  • Art
    • Fixed Celestial Crown disappearing on Wes during the custom inspection animations.
    • Adjusted colour tones for the Library Placard and the Walnut Bookstack to match up with the other existing walnut items.
  • Crashes

Notes for Modders

• Moved all diseased assets from ANIM to PKGREF so they are not loaded into memory at runtime for the base game.

View full update

Super well appreciated changes!

And by the way... I have no idea when this happened, I guess I haven't been attentive enough to the patchnotes xD, but a while ago I noticed how you finally made HD all the faces of Tamed Beefalos! Although it's late I would really like to thank you! I've been waiting for it for years and I'm glad it's finally come true! And speaking of which, I would like to mention that the last thing that I would really like to see is the beard of the festive Beefalo head, you can see in the screenshots how something strange happens with their beard when the Beef is in movement, I really would appreciate it if you could fix this visual bug, thank you very much in advance for your work!

20220825162710_1.jpg

20220825162738_1.jpg

20220409_183529.jpg.af198a217853c8844ae07b07e3ee5818.jpg

20220409_183423.jpg.decdac66bc14c2ab69a04d4f1480d43d.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 4
  • Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, PeterA said:

Thank you for hearing me out, I cannot thank you lot enough!!
We're BACK in business! 

unknown.png

Welcome back!!

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1
  • Shopcat 2
  • GL Happy 3

3 hours ago, PeterA said:

Thanks for letting me know that The Dragonfly's official name is The dragonfly. I had been referring to The dragonfly incorrectly and shall properly address it as The dragonfly henceforth.

Spoiler

Joking if it's not obvious xD

• Ninja 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Thanks for letting me know that The Dragonfly's official name is The dragonfly. I had been referring to The dragonfly incorrectly and shall properly address it as The dragonfly henceforth.

Reveal hidden contents

I did a small change last minute to the note to make it less vague but ended up making it redundant. This stops an unfun timing mechanic when the Dragonfly is put to sleep during the fight. I can use English some of the time and my hat does the typing for the rest.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1
  • GL Happy 2

9 hours ago, PeterA said:

Changes

Bug Fixes

• Gameplay
  • Art
  • Crashes

Notes for Modders

View full update

Is there any chance bug with disappearing saddle would be fixed any time soon? It's very annoying when even 100% one vanishes from existence when player just tries to go from the forest to caves and vice versa if beefalo's obedience is too low (less than 10%).

And same question about werepigs not seeing baits on boats, I was disappointed about not being able to build proper base in Waterlogged biome.

Otherwise great hotfix.

Edited by Pig Princess
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, PeterA said:

Great!

btw, while we're speaking of merm AI, could they act more similar to spiders, when player is using the boat as a bridge from one coast to another?

Currently, while spiders hop on and off the boat properly, merms seem to randomly hop back off and go around the water instead. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PeterA said:

Frozen Lavae will now count as dead at the time they are frozen instead of after they thaw.

Thank you so much for this change, i still have to test it by myself but sure makes the dfly fight more cosnistent and fun.

And since we are getting a lot of hotfixes i would like to ask, will we get the ability to rotate walls with the fencing sword soon ? it will be a game changer for decorations and i am really exiceted for it to be added.

As allways thanks a lot for the hard work.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Malfario said:

And since we are getting a lot of hotfixes i would like to ask, will we get the ability to rotate walls with the fencing sword soon ?

We already can

Or... not? I saw this in beta, but now I can't. I dunno 

Edited by DajeKotlyar
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

Walls only have one orientation (?).

Diagonal.thumb.PNG.f0fdcff387ea1605c17922caeea1d9b4.PNGHorizontal.thumb.PNG.71fe61d26f5defd3ab5aac02a5f67ddb.PNG

As you can see walls look diferently depending on wich angle you position your camera, during the wicker beta fencing sword was able to change this, so walls would look facing front when the world was in diagonal and viceversa. This didnt make it to the live version because it was technically a bug but was said that it will be implemented on the future.

17 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

We already can

I just tested it and there is no interaction with the fencing sword and walls

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1