[Game Update] - 515924

hear me guys, i know some of you want to every rework be the exactly same (mini tasks, obligate players to do a certain action, a meter, etc), but just let Wicker have her rework this time, it is perfect as it is (unique ways to interact with the world, new books to help in day to day things, new books to help you survive, etc) and some real dowsides (the nightmare creatures spawn is really a thing, also the food penalties), I confess that are some things that could be changed, but i wouldnt bother because there is way more good additions than the necessity of changing some books, with this being said, if it drops this week, I wouldnt be surprised because it is such a good rework, and i will promise you guys, I wont be here in the next reworks, you will have your time to ask for the same mechanic that you guys always ask in reworks, you can ask for meters, quests, obligate players to go somewhere in the world just to unlock some buff, an recipe that costs 10 gems and 20 thulecites, anything that pops up in your mind, but for a moment, lets apreciate this masterpiece that devs made for us, it is already perfect, so yeah, I will be in silence in the next reworks because I will be chilling with Wickerbottom and her incredible books, and you guys can ask in the next rework for yours indredible ideas to be implemented, can we?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Because Wickerbottom doesn't need more changes... 

Ironically enough there’s a pretty frequent topic on rather or not Wigfrid needs another rework.. let’s not have Wickerbottom suffer the same fate, so get all your ideas for a more fun wicker out there now so Klei knows what’s the most popular direction to take her in.

• Like 3

Okay so now it looks like the number of bees you can summon is 9 which translates to 3 uses of the book, doesn't seem too bad to me because it balances uses the book against sanity other than you can continue to replenish fallen soldiers. but i personally feel like it loses a bit of the bees potential along with the angry hive feel, i think it would be better to increase the amount from 9 to 18 (two book) giving it the right boost to withstand the boss battles stronger than the Dragon-fly. Something to balance this could be to increase the price of the book as mentioned before, make it depend on ingredients obtained from the battle against the queen bee, for example the Bundling Wrap which would make obtaining the book feel more natural.

image.png.0e8d6f8b71ab3e7ff22f176c0f59fcf6.png

Edited by Jaisac HF
  • Like 15
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • GL Happy 1

I do like the Wickerbottom refresh overall. But there are certain details that could be improved. Otherwise who knows how long it would be before these can be adjusted again. 

Certain books are a little weak and kind of miss the cutoff of being worth using. Some of the crafting costs can be updated to be more interesting and fitting. 

I think the rework is quite good. But a couple small changes could make it great. 

• Like 17
  • Potato Cup 2

20 minutes ago, dois raios said:

hear me guys, i know some of you want to every rework be the exactly same (mini tasks, obligate players to do a certain action, a meter, etc), but just let Wicker have her rework this time, it is perfect as it is (unique ways to interact with the world, new books to help in day to day things, new books to help you survive, etc) and some real dowsides (the nightmare creatures spawn is really a thing, also the food penalties), I confess that are some things that could be changed, but i wouldnt bother because there is way more good additions than the necessity of changing some books, with this being said, if it drops this week, I wouldnt be surprised because it is such a good rework, and i will promise you guys, I wont be here in the next reworks, you will have your time to ask for the same mechanic that you guys always ask in reworks, you can ask for meters, quests, obligate players to go somewhere in the world just to unlock some buff, an recipe that costs 10 gems and 20 thulecites, anything that pops up in your mind, but for a moment, lets apreciate this masterpiece that devs made for us, it is already perfect, so yeah, I will be in silence in the next reworks because I will be chilling with Wickerbottom and her incredible books, and you guys can ask in the next rework for yours indredible ideas to be implemented, can we?

Character progression is something every character must have to remain interesting throughout the entire game. I want to feel rewarded for unlocking new powerful items. I don't like when everything is served on a silver plate. I have nothing against the rain and full moon books but with the current recipes it just seems unsatisfying to use them because they seem like fancy cheats with interface and not something I earned. 

Edit. This forum likes to remind us that DST is supposed to be the uncompromising wilderness survival game. Is this uncompromising to have the ability to manipulate the major magical force from the first autumn? Is this uncompromising to have a book that completely negates the impact of elements crafted from really basic resources?  

Stop trying so hard, everyone understood your message from the first time.

Edited by maxwell_winters
  • Like 11
  • Potato Cup 1

20 minutes ago, dois raios said:

My question then however is why should any character be tied to progression if some of the most game changing character perks aren't? Because you like Wickerbottom therefore she's special? I like Wurt should I be able to make the merm king using only rocks and merm guards using exclusively gold? 

• Like 2

Hopefully there’ll be enough time left during the Wickerbottom refresh beta for Wickerbottom to get some actual tweaks to her refresh during the Wickerbottom refresh beta. 
5CCF2B46-BCFB-4F56-98BF-A86E58D34D58.jpeg.36b7f766ae6825849425b06f3394faf2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 12
  • Sad 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • Potato Cup 1

3 hours ago, Crestwave said:

Horticulture should be changed to grow stone fruit and banana bushes in the same way. It feels very awkward having to cast it three times to get a single banana harvest.

If not both Horticulture books then Expanded could definitely use this functionality. Would be a nice way to differentiate the two further, since the Expanded is supposed to be an upgrade. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:
  • The Horticulture books are now able to grow lichen and figs again.
  • The Palmcone Tree now grows to its last stage when using the Silviculture Book.

:wickerbottomthanks:

• Potato Cup 2

Can you please prevent Lunar Grimoire from reseting the moon cycle. A character having an ability that can effect the whole server permanetely is not ideal in my opinion. Would be better if the book just turned the current night into a ful moon without temparing with the entire moon cycle.

• Like 16
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Now have a visual indicator on the map for soul requirement thresholds.

Thank you so much Klei for listening to some of our suggestions! For someone who loves to get the most out of each soul hop to a fault this is an excellent change! 

And to all the people asking about "where the Wicker changes are" I like to hope that they are all being carfully considered and worked on as we speak. The changes to Wortox so far and some other elements of the constant have been much simpler such as changing the value of somem numbers (such as soul hop distance) or making use of pre-existing assets in the game to create new effects (getting launched out the cave hole). This is wickerbottoms refresh so it makes sense Klei wants to give her all the timee she deserves and not rush things.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Added a limit to the amount of Grumble Bees Wickerbottom can have summoned at a time.

So now wickerbottom cant stun Dragonfly since cant have 3 books worth of bees :(

5 hours ago, Jason said:

The Horticulture books are now able to grow lichen and figs again

Next in queue: Mushroom Planters :D

• Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 3

Hey, people of Klei. I just wanted to say I appreciate the time you all put into your work. I read through the forums and see people who are upset or disappointed. As someone who works in the industry I understand the restraints yall are going through. Just the fact you are even releasing hotfixes and changes during the beta so relatively quickly is commendable. The fact you listen to community feedback is also something to commend. While not everything can be put because of your vision I know a lot of suggestions from the Moon Quay beta were suggested and brought in. (Either that or yall were planning it and coincidences just happened).
I look forward to the Wickerbottom rework especially since I haven't really played her since around 2014 or something like that. Odds are I won't play her much after the refresh because Wormwood holds my heart hostage, either way I am excited. Keep up the amazing work.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

6 hours ago, Jason said:

The Palmcone Tree now grows to its last stage when using the Silviculture Book.

looks like other type of trees go to max stage with 1 use of book too (instead of advancing 1 stage per read), is this intended?

Edited by Parusoid
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, lakhnish said:

I got confused and was thinking "Is this red icon saying at that specific point, that's where I'll end up? No, that's what the text prompt is saying as the icon doesn't even align with the text, what does this thing mean?"

I think it would be more clear if the icon was instead a small line segment that remains tangent to the invisible circle it's snapping to.

Edited by Bumber64
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jason said:
  • Wortox Map Soul Hops:
    • Now have a visual indicator on the map for soul requirement thresholds.
    • Now have an increased efficiency of 90% range, up from 80%.
      • This is more in line with how far players can go using the mouse out of the map.
    • Hops that would need more than 20 souls now accept 20 souls as enough for the hop.
      • This does not happen for 19 or less souls.

Wow! Thank you so much for listening to us, Wortox is definitely getting the love he deserves. I can't wait for this update to drop, keep up the good work Klei!

:yaypigs:

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

6 hours ago, Mert_TR said:

Can you please prevent Lunar Grimoire from reseting the moon cycle. A character having an ability that can effect the whole server permanetely is not ideal in my opinion. Would be better if the book just turned the current night into a ful moon without temparing with the entire moon cycle.

There is no thrill without prejudice. Let them suffer. Weak creatures dont deserve mercy. 

All hail Wickerbottom. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1