[Game Update] - 515924

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Changes

• Added a limit to the amount of Grumble Bees Wickerbottom can have summoned at a time.
  Reveal hidden contents

• Added mod release id R23_REFRESH_WICKERBOTTOM.
  • Boat Bumpers use TUNING.MAX_WALKABLE_PLATFORM_RADIUS instead of TUNING.BOAT.RADIUS to allow them to work with bigger boat mods.

Every other change I could agree with but this one is too far. Only 9 bees??? That's so boring. What are you even supposed to do with 9 grumble bees. their uses were already very few before this and now I feel like it's useless. 

Was it changed because of lag? If so, why nerf wickerbottoms one book when webber as a character exists. 

Was it because you could cheese crabking with grumble bees? If so, why nerf this book but keep bee mines in the game which do the same job for arguably a similar cost. 

It just doesn't make sense to me. The book was so fun to use before and now you get capped at 9 for no real reason. I seriously hope at the very least the limit gets increased to 27. And if that's too high then even 18 is better than this. That way you could still have an army of Grumble Bees and still have a limit

• Like 8

• Fixed an issue with Killer Bee Hives and other spawning prefabs trying to target invincible players.

Can you make the Killer Bee Hives not target Wormwood, as well? His "Bee Neutrality" perk would be most useful for KBHives, but they target him as if he were any other character, blooming or otherwise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ornge said:

Every other change I could agree with but this one is too far. Only 9 bees??? That's so boring. What are you even supposed to do with 9 grumble bees. their uses were already very few before this and now I feel like it's useless. 

Was it changed because of lag? If so, why nerf wickerbottoms one book when webber as a character exists. 

Was it because you could cheese crabking with grumble bees? If so, why nerf this book but keep bee mines in the game which do the same job for arguably a similar cost. 

It just doesn't make sense to me. The book was so fun to use before and now you get capped at 9 for no real reason. I seriously hope at the very least the limit gets increased to 27. And if that's too high then even 18 is better than this. That way you could still have an army of Grumble Bees and still have a limit

Or 18.
But yeah definitely 9 is too little. A bit strong on the nerf side there.

On a side note, can you please add duration to the arachnophobia book? There is no practical use for how short its duration is. It should be at least 2 minutes (and I'd even stretch it to 3 or 4). It's also one of the least harmful books for other players, and the weakest of the fight oriented books, so there is no reason not to.

• Sanity 1

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Hops that would need more than 20 souls now accept 20 souls as enough for the hop.

This is hella cool  

But still, it's wicker rework patch. 

Edited by Wonz

14 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

This forum likes to remind us that DST is supposed to be the uncompromising wilderness survival game. Is this uncompromising to have the ability to manipulate the major magical force from the first autumn? Is this uncompromising to have a book that completely negates the impact of elements crafted from really basic resources?

image.png.8f41b3ca92f1d56672b78478c81192d7.png

• Haha 2

On 7/17/2022 at 5:45 PM, Dr. Safety said:

I don't see how this is any different between switching from Warly to someone else to eat his food, which most people say isn't a problem. If anything, the Wicker+Maxwell thing is more balanced because you can only use one of two characters instead of the whole roster.

Give Wickerbottom more personal perks, but the interaction between the two of them is fine

As long as wanda is accepted as she is and not nerfed most people won't find anything weaker than wanda too strong.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wonz said:

As long as wanda is accepted as she is and not nerfed most people won't find anything weaker than wanda too strong.  

You know at this point I hope they make every character broken and overpowered like Wanda, and then they decide to update the actual gameplay itself with new mobs, new A.I. behavior, new gameplay mechanics, new weather seasons & survival challenges.

Unlikely, but I can hope..

• Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the game being "too easy" lately, but I wonder how many of these complaints actually come from new players. The new players that I know still have trouble getting to/through the first Winter, which is a common Don't Starve staple.

I don't feel qualified to ever say if the game is "too easy" anymore because at this point I know all the small tricks & efficiencies and I have the kiting patterns down for most mobs. But that's what you get for being an experienced player. The game will never be "hard" for experienced players who have gotten good at it, the guiding question should be "is this game sufficiently difficult for new players who don't know all of the tips and tricks and kiting patterns?"

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Omninano said:

I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the game being "too easy" lately, but I wonder how many of these complaints actually come from new players. The new players that I know still have trouble getting to/through the first Winter, which is a common Don't Starve staple.

I don't feel qualified to ever say if the game is "too easy" anymore because at this point I know all the small tricks & efficiencies and I have the kiting patterns down for most mobs. But that's what you get for being an experienced player. The game will never be "hard" for experienced players who have gotten good at it, the guiding question should be "is this game sufficiently difficult for new players who don't know all of the tips and tricks and kiting patterns?"

Yeah but I don’t think it’s the “new players” who bought Shipwrecked or Hamlet to experience brand new worlds with brand new mobs, weather seasons and mechanics either..

With DST they did not want to separate the player base between DLC expansions, so everything is Free- which is great but, you also have to balance between player skills.

Just curious how often do grumble bees get killed vs basic mobs in combat haven't had a chance to test with just 9 is it really that bad?

29 minutes ago, Omninano said:

Honestly I agree and disagree with this on one hand I don't think a game should keep making itself easier to engage with people who haven't invested themselves in the learning process a game shouldn't hand you victory because you don't know any better.

But at the same time I'm starting to believe a better solution is Kiel should go back on their word in this case as much as it might annoy some people rather than giving players limitless power over the situation they can use as a crutch the game should just teach you what you need to know for example how to fight, crockpot recipes, droprates, how to make it thru autumn, winter, spring, summer we're at a point where for many players the only thing holding them back from performing better is information you cannot learn organically. Again handholding is frowned apoun in gaming but considering the direction the game is heading I think hand holding is the better way to handle new players rather than giving them a infinity +1 sword as training wheels.

• Sad 1

Thanks for listening us about the Wortox changes!

I think you hit the head of the nail with this one, I'm pretty satisfied about them! Now I just want one thing: W H E N (it's the release date)

Also,.sorry for ghosting the forum since last week, I'm (or not) infected with covid, so I've been resting these last days. 

Thanks for the amazing work Klei!

One day, I hope that the people posting will understand the distinction between "Refresh" and "Rework."

Surely, we would achieve a more peaceful world if we did. (though it probably won't happen in this lifetime)

• Like 1