[Game Update] - 515924

• Developer

Changes

• Added a limit to the amount of Grumble Bees Wickerbottom can have summoned at a time.
  • The Lunar Grimoire can no longer be read in the caves.
  • Cave Holes will now try to actively remove players on top of them.
  • Wortox Map Soul Hops:
    • Now have a visual indicator on the map for soul requirement thresholds.
    • Now have an increased efficiency of 90% range, up from 80%.
      • This is more in line with how far players can go using the mouse out of the map.
    • Hops that would need more than 20 souls now accept 20 souls as enough for the hop.
      • This does not happen for 19 or less souls.
  • Wortox free Soul Hops:
    • The action string now reflects the different state to help guide usage of it.
    • The timer had its colour adjusted for players with deuteranopia.
      • Please let us know if there are still visual clarity issues!
  • The Wortox who deals the killing strike is guaranteed at least one soul.
    • This is intended to help prevent fighting for nearby souls when souls are being created but prevents boss soul drops from being fully claimed.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the Map getting stuck being visible when changing to and from Wonkey.
  • Fixed screen and HUD flicker sometimes during Wonkey transformations.
  • Fixed bug where Wonkey transformation may get stuck while mounted.
  • Fixed Wortox Map Soul Hop camera snapping not working properly.
  • Fixed Wortox Soul Heal mistakenly trying to heal Wanda players.
  • The Horticulture books are now able to grow lichen and figs again.
  • Fixed the placement animation for the Bookcase.
  • The Everything Encyclopedia buff will be properly consumed when crafting structures.
  • Fixed bug causing The Everything Encyclopedia buff to be consumed when crafting ingredients that don’t require the buff.
  • Fixed crash sometimes when crafting.
  • The Palmcone Tree now grows to its last stage when using the Silviculture Book.
  • Fixed an issue with Killer Bee Hives and other spawning prefabs trying to target invincible players.
  • Fixed Boat Cannons, Directional Signs, and Winona’s Catapult sometimes not loading with the correct orientation when placed on rotated Boats.
  • Fixed sounds not playing when placing Boat Bumpers.
  • Fixed items picked up into the active item slot visually appearing from random spots on the screen and not playing sounds.
  • Fixed Wortox being able to hold more than 20 souls if the souls were going directly into the active item slot.
  • Fixed several bugs that occurred when teleporting off a boat.

Notes for Modders:

Spoiler

• Added mod release id R23_REFRESH_WICKERBOTTOM.
  • Boat Bumpers use TUNING.MAX_WALKABLE_PLATFORM_RADIUS instead of TUNING.BOAT.RADIUS to allow them to work with bigger boat mods.

View full update

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3
  • Health 2
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1

1 minute ago, -Variant said:

Awwww, does this mean we're no longer able to use them as mini shelters and cool decor displays?

Well it only said players, so I'd guess that items on cave holes are still fair game

• Potato Cup 1

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Changes

• Wortox Map Soul Hops:
    • Now have an efficiency of 90% range.
      • This is more in line with how far players can go using the mouse out of the map.
    • Hops that would need more than 20 souls now accept 20 souls as enough for the hop.
      • This does not happen for 19 or less souls.

Thanks for listening to feedback, Im glad people can now teleport anywhere on the map from any location.

I assume the cost is a bit higher...? Not sure. However bundling critters should at least always guarantee a two way trip (Or just killing a stack of bees/butterflies no need to bundle for short trips).

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hops that would need more than 20 souls now accept 20 souls as enough for the hop.

An awesome change! Love to see this

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Now have an efficiency of 90% range.

• This is more in line with how far players can go using the mouse

Is this an upgrade from 80% or a downgrade at 90% of current efficiency 

• Like 5
  • Potato Cup 1

13 minutes ago, -Variant said:

image.thumb.png.a5464ea1b95d1c60130bbfbaf0cc1c6e.png

Shadows shoot you out of the cave holes now...

Which is neat? I'm really sad you can't sit in them anymore. I feel like this should've been tied to /rescue instead of being forced out.

Time "well" spent on coding and animation for an action probably not even 0.01% of players will ever do, and mostly a meme in-game move anyway. Lel.

Also none of the Wickerbottom suggestions from threads popping left-and-right was taken into consideration. Oh well..

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
  • Potato Cup 1

2 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

coding and animation

In their defense none of the code or namely animation is actually new. The animations are all from base game, nothing new was made.

I get why they made the change, to prevent being trapped should you run out of souls/telepoofs, but I think being forced out without an option is a bit lame.
I do think having this effect play when using /rescue would've been golden.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 3
  • Potato Cup 1

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Palmcone Tree now grows to its last stage when using the Silviculture Book

Now that trees and farm crops grow to full stage in a single read, I feel like Horticulture should be changed to grow stone fruit and banana bushes in the same way. It feels very awkward having to cast it three times to get a single banana harvest.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 2

19 minutes ago, -Variant said:

In their defense none of the code or namely animation is actually new. The animations are all from base game, nothing new was made.

I get why they made the change, to prevent being trapped should you run out of souls/telepoofs, but I think being forced out without an option is a bit lame.
I do think having this effect play when using /rescue would've been golden.

Would've stand to reason if Abyss Gate exploit wasn't a thing 10000% more prevalent and game-breaking in N ways.
But, again, oh well..

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y

2 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Would've stand to reason if Abyss Gate exploit wasn't a thing 10000% more prevalent and game-breaking in N ways. But, again, oh well..

Maybe not game-breaking, but I do believe it may have been ground-breaking. :p

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Wavey 2
  • Shopcat 1
  • Potato Cup 1

54 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wortox Map Soul Hops:

Wortox free Soul Hops:

• The action string now reflects the different state to help guide usage of it.

The change in the action string is good since I see it clearly change under my mouse cursor.

The visual indicator for map hopping, on the other hand, has now made me very confused. 

When I first saw this, the icon to me was disappearing and appearing randomly and I had no idea what the purpose of it was.

I got confused and was thinking "Is this red icon saying at that specific point, that's where I'll end up? No, that's what the text prompt is saying as the icon doesn't even align with the text, what does this thing mean?"

It's only when I moved in a circle did I realize that it shows the range of the hop in a circle pattern.

Imo, the icon is unnecessary. I'm going to hop from point A to B in a linear manner, I'm not thinking in circles in terms of "this soul is range 7 at two opposite locations on the map". I'm gonna map hop and then figure out what to do with souls from there.

Edited by lakhnish
  • Like 3

Jason "Cave Holes will now try to actively remove players on top of them." - Jason, 2022

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

image.thumb.png.a5464ea1b95d1c60130bbfbaf0cc1c6e.png

Shadows shoot you out of the cave holes now...

Which is neat? I'm really sad you can't sit in them anymore. I feel like this should've been tied to /rescue instead of being forced out.

Mr Skitz canonically works for klei?

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 2
  • GL Happy 1

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

What does "using the mouse out of the map" even mean?

I don't understand.

Just regular Soul Hopping, by map they mean the menu in which you see your world, not the world itself. So the huge Soul Hopping should be around the same cost as regular Soul Hopping.

• Thanks 2