The Curse of Moon Quay is Coming Next Week!

DST_Pirate_Curse.00_00_50_05.Still001.png

Next Week on June 30th, we will bring Don't Starve Together: The Curse of Moon Quay to the live version of the game!

NOTE: Some last minute changes will push this out for a bit for PlayStation and Xbox and this update should be coming the following week. While it is ready it needs a slight bit more time to pass console certification. We're sorry for the inconvenience. 

The Curse of Moon Quay

Someone has been meddling... or should we say, monkeying around with the forces of the Constant, leaving an unstable rift between worlds in their wake. With new sea-faring foes, creatures and resources now free to pour into the Survivors' world, the ocean is more dangerous than ever before... but is this just the start of what's to come?

And of course, a big "Thank you!" to everybody that has been helping us with bugs and feedback during the beta!

For New Features see the spoiler below:

Spoiler
New Features - SPOILER
  • New Moon Quay Island and inhabitants.
  • Ocean Privateers.
  • New upgrades for boating:
    • Grass Boat
    • Kelp Bumper
    • Shell Bumper
    • Cannon and Cannonballs
    • Rudder
    • Trawler
    • Polly Roger's Hat
  • Docks
  • Nautopilot and Nautopilot Beacon
  • New perspectives on life.

Additional Changes:

• Map controls will now be more intuitive.
    • Zooming will now focus on the cursor.
      • An option in the advanced settings can be used to disable this feature.
    • Zooming in and out will now be smooth.
      • An option in the advanced settings controls how fast zooming is.
    • Rotating the map will be around the current location and not the player.
    • Controllers will see a smooth directional panning experience.
    • Panning the map will try to keep a portion of the map visible on the center of the screen.
    • Some mods that interact with the map or create new map instances may need to be updated for some of these features to work.
  • Favorite food bonus now takes into account Warly’s spices.
    • Mods that require a spiced food will still function as expected. Having an affinity for a spiced variant and a regular food item will use whichever gives the most benefit.
  • Cactus and Oasis Cactus have been added to world regrowth.
  • Reeds and Cactus now have settings for world regrowth.
  • Big Woby will now eat the food given to her instead of staring at it.

New Twitch Drops

We'll be bringing the Abandoned Ship Boat skin to the Nautical Collection. For a list of participating streamers, please see the spoiler below.

abandoned_ship_trio.png

Spoiler

Rhymes With Play

We'll have another release day Rhymes With Play Dev stream as well.
rwp_june30_2022.jpg

We'll also have some new login items you won't want to miss, as well as some exclusive rewards page skins too!

See you next week!

Dear Klei. I love you.

>Empties bank account in preparation for next week<

But in all seriousness, I (along with most in the community) can't thank you enough for all the time and hard work that you put into the game to truly make this the best survival game ever. This is the most generous and caring dev team out there I've seen. :wilson_love:

Yeah I’m gonna be honest with you Mr JoeW as big as & as full of content as this update sounds.. I did NOT expect it to come out on Xbox anytime soon- I figured it would at least be a few more weeks since this is a larger more content filled update.

The first RoT & some of the larger RoT updates took quite some time to arrive on consoles so to hear it’s coming so soon is a bit of a surprise.

The new Twitch drop skin however- just makes me incredibly sad that I missed getting that RockJaw shark mast skin that would have matched the new boat design.

Also I have a question or two to ask anyone on the Dev team who feels like answering- With many people saying this is the biggest and best update you guys have released since Return of Them: Turn of Tides.. what made you guys decide not to consider this new (& frankly quite awesome..) Moon Quay update as not being part of Return of Them? Or is that something we will find out more about later when the new Story Arch starts?

Some last minute changes will push this out for a bit for PlayStation and Xbox and this update should be coming the following week. While it is ready it needs a slight bit more time to pass console certification. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Man I'm going to have to invest in some energy drinks for next week. Between starting a new job and streaming all this. I'm super hyped but omg I'm going to be so exhausted.

Can't wait to see what all you have in store for us that day!

Archived