Steamed Collection Concepts Suggestion

G'day yo!

I've been recently making DST Skin concepts for the past month, I have accumulated enough to unwrap them up in this post and honestly had a lot of fun making those!

Among the list there are mainly items that do not have yet a skin, therefore I'm curious about what you think.

I want to clarify that these are skin concepts and not actual sprites, but despite this I tried to similar the style of Don't Starve to make them seem more authentic.

Moggles:

Spoiler

Steamed_Collection_molehat_Polished.png.c4d8c6896e3470db99b75389f8a9d6ef.png

Nightmare Amulet:

Spoiler

Steamed_Collection_purpleamulet.png.086b33270ede4813daecb04bd53c5a44.png

Weather Pain:

Spoiler

Steamed_Collection_staff_tornado.png.95f80879cb9422cd4296a059ccfeea42.png

Meat Effigy:

Spoiler

Steamed_Collection_resurrectionstatue_Polished.png.4dd2a03c626ddc1f1c11909088a348e3.png

Hambat:

Spoiler

Steamed_Collection_hambat.png.69f4b5490d2e7e7f17265be25b1f4a33.png

Log Suit:

Spoiler

Steamed_Collection_armorwood.png.b5442cdab908bded6fc0e4d59d2b354c.png

Rain Hat:

Spoiler

Steamed_Collection_rainhat_polished.png.05dcce24910e5c25f89ae06f46789c8b.png

Rain Coat:

Spoiler

Steamed_Collection_polished.png.6c8fff3c269c064f6affb9eb855979fa.png

Crockpot:

Spoiler

Steamed_Collection_cookpot_Polished.png.ac420a7fcac92531608b1eed22671f48.png

Houndius Shootius:

Spoiler

Steamed_Collection_eyeturret_item_Polished.png.f35594e293a1a477f57740c92e6e8d08.png

Football Helmet:

Spoiler

Steamed_Collection_footballhat.png.093ffd62d69b2b61913c207c68a3d359.png

Breezy Vest & Puffy Vest:

Spoiler

Steamed_Collection_trunkvest_summer.png.0233beb05b0b009c9af7a77aa339b871.pngSteamed_Collection_trunkvest_winter.png.26884c132fcea4899ec86f0856a0fd1c.png

Wooden Walls:

Spoiler

Steamed_Collection_wall_wood.thumb.png.01e47b0b9c94d2bf99e1ba074afc80ce.png

Full Collection Showcase:

Spoiler

AllTogetherplusOne.thumb.png.ae635a313a618e04920daff0906f274c.png

1:Dude, these are incredibly, i really would've want to see them in game.

2:I remember log suit being sent on some discord server as "leaked new skins" lol, counting that people (including myself) actually believed it can be leaked new skin i think you did a great job

these are so awesome!! if you can i'd totally recommend seeking out someone who can code and making these into their own original items. i think even just a different crafting recipe would be enough to adhere to klei's rules on skins and mods, like making that wall take boards and cut stone. these are absolutely beautiful and i would love to see them in-game in some capacity like that

14 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

2:I remember log suit being sent on some discord server as "leaked new skins" lol, counting that people (including myself) actually believed it can be leaked new skin i think you did a great job

Hello

55 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

1:Dude, these are incredibly, i really would've want to see them in game.

Thanks! Dextops really fooled ya'll hahah

53 minutes ago, meow meow meow said:

these are so awesome!! if you can i'd totally recommend seeking out someone who can code and making these into their own original items. i think even just a different crafting recipe would be enough to adhere to klei's rules on skins and mods, like making that wall take boards and cut stone. these are absolutely beautiful and i would love to see them in-game in some capacity like that

I'm not really sure about making them a mod with separated items, but I appreciate a lot the idea!!

13 minutes ago, jtubio88 said:

Hello 

Maybe You can add these skin ti the Game using the new API skins mod

Klei doesn't let users reskin their items unfortunately, it's against the TOS as far as I am aware.

2 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

holy crap those look good! I always like fanmade stuff that looks pretty dead on to the original!

By the way...

Hide contents

Is that meat effigy skin a JamesBucket reference?

I honestly haven't thought about James Bucket at all while I've drawn it. I was instead wondering the reason why Meat Effigies haven't got any skins yet, beyond to the fact that it was the least relevant reviving method between Touchstone, Living Amulets and Telltale Heart.

And I think I've found a reasonable motive behind it: Why does it always resemble Wilson?

When other characters examine the Meat Effigy most of them comment on why it is Wilson, like if it magically morph into Wilson's face after being built by a survivor. It's a walking joke. Making a skin of it it's like continuing a math problem you already know the first part was not done correctly.

TL:DR: I simply thought that the bucket looked nice and it would fix the issue of "why does it always resemble wilson for any other characters"!

i hope we can get something like this. they are extremely creative and alot of them i would definitely use my spools on. It would be really neat if klei started accepting community skins so we could get bigger batches of skin cases per update.

2 hours ago, Gearless said:

I honestly haven't thought about James Bucket at all while I've drawn it. I was instead wondering the reason why Meat Effigies haven't got any skins yet, beyond to the fact that it was the least relevant reviving method between Touchstone, Living Amulets and Telltale Heart.

And I think I've found a reasonable motive behind it: Why does it always resemble Wilson?

When other characters examine the Meat Effigy most of them comment on why it is Wilson, like if it magically morph into Wilson's face after being built by a survivor. It's a walking joke. Making a skin of it it's like continuing a math problem you already know the first part was not done correctly.

TL:DR: I simply thought that the bucket looked nice and it would fix the issue of "why does it always resemble wilson for any other characters"!

I guess I'm just mistaken yet again. Excuse me I will see myself out.

15 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

I guess I'm just mistaken yet again. Excuse me I will see myself out.

I mean ... if you want to interpret it as a reference to James Bucket you are still free to do it haha

And btw thanks a lot to everyone for your kind words!!

15 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

Oh damn, I love this rain coat.

I think the rain coat has a big issue with it. It looks too nice! I would be using both slots to wear the rain set and pointlessly have 170% wetness resistance if these were in the game. 

Archived