Steamed Collection Concepts Suggestion

39 minutes ago, Castiliano said:

11/10

Just for curiosity, What would be the name of this collection?

Yeah! Steamed Collection!

Honestly when I started the first sketches I didn't have a precise theme in mind, in fact the name "Steamed Collection" popped up almost around the end.
Originally it had to be a collection with prehistoric and almost cave-dwelling components: it had to be called "Primeval Collection", it can be seen a lot in the hambat and weather pain. But then I've changed my mind and opted for something that could include more stuff and ideas.

The reason why is it called "Steamed" is a reference to SteamPunk lmao, it may be confusing at first glance but I assure you it makes sense.

An issue with steampunk aesthetic is the fact that most of people just "glue some gears on it and call it Steampunk", I tried to avoid that common mistake by not putting a single gear at all while maintaining a victorian feel of an alternative past.

5 minutes ago, Gearless said:

Yeah! Steamed Collection!

Honestly when I started the first sketches I didn't have a precise theme in mind, in fact the name "Steamed Collection" popped up almost around the end.
Originally it had to be a collection with prehistoric and almost cave-dwelling components: it had to be called "Primeval Collection", it can be seen a lot in the hambat and weather pain. But then I've changed my mind and opted for something that could include more stuff and ideas.

The reason why is it called "Steamed" is a reference to SteamPunk lmao, it may be confusing at first glance but I assure you it makes sense.

An issue with steampunk aesthetic is the fact that most of people just "glue some gears on it and call it Steampunk", I tried to avoid that common mistake by not putting a single gear at all while maintaining a victorian feel of an alternative past.

That makes sense and, still in the WX rework vibe, do even more! It's incredible that Klei's trait is there, in the smallest details. They could REALLY hire you.

One detail I loved were the small eyes (I suppose) on the skin for the "Wooden Walls", it gave me a feeling of Ghibli Studio!

Holey shiz these are freaking amazing!!! You did a phenomenal job. Plez Klei work with him to get these skin's in-game.

Klei could make it a yearly thing where they work with artists in the community to add some skins to the game. Like a free community pack? I'd love to see them support community artists!

32 minutes ago, allmeitysk said:

@Gearless do you have portfolio for me to look at? thanks 

I apologize but I'm really new to scene to even have a portfolio, however I have a twitter account where I sometimes post drawings not necessarily related to Dont 'Starve. Not sure if I can share it here because of Klei's guidelines tho 

Archived