Forum's Opinion on addressing Bee Queen's tyrannical rule. (2.0).

This poll will ask you of your general opinion on the Bee Queen boss fight.  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Have you fought Bee Queen yet?

• Yes. A lot. (Or at least once)
    • Yes. But I died :(
    • No. But I plan to!
    • No. And I don't plan on even going next to that hive.
    • Bee Queen, took everything from me. My friends. My family. My soul. I have fought Bee Queen, but at what cost? Everything I cared about.
  2. 2. How did you (tried to) kill Bee Queen? Or how do you usually kill them?

• With friendship!
    • Luring Bee Queen or her grumbles away from each other and then getting some hits on bee queen. Rinse and repeat.
    • Abagail.
    • Using my minions.
    • Pan flute spam.
    • The moleworm method.
    • Other. (Reply).
    • I wanted glory. I wanted revenge. But how could you face such a beast while keeping everything you have? You can't. I learned that the hard way.
    • Catapults of Doooooom
    • On tentacles.
    • Didn't kill her yet.
  3. 3. Did you like the boss fight? Reply with the reason behind your choice.

• Yeah 10/10 literal perfection.
    • It was good.
    • It was tedious.
    • It was boring.
    • Very bland.
    • Other. (Reply).
    • I hope I never have to experience what I had ever again. What did I do to deserve what happened to me? What sin could have warranted such wrath?
    • Never experienced it yet.

Hello.

The reason I made this poll was because of the recent ancient guardian rework. Maybe we can suggest some ways to fix bee Queen (my favorite boss). 

Spoiler

I made a another poll just like this one but that one was bugged. It had a whole lotta answers not show up for some reason. Probably bad internet.

Message or reply to me if this has been done before. Link it too.

Rude of you dismissing Cataputs and On Tentacles as valid strategies, they are some of the most common ways of dealing with her tyrannical rule :P

Although gotta admit dethroning her via friends is quite the fun. Because of her spammy and mobile nature she's one of the very few bosses that doesn't feel too cheap when handling with 5+ people.

20210207212354_1.thumb.jpg.f783e368a519ff782257e481eec88a65.jpg

I usually kill it with Abigay, but I did it via luring grumble bees as well. One is just holding F, the other feels like a chore. Both are barely interactive, while the latter is long. Grumble bees feel interruptive. Panflute method is probably more fun. 

The most fun I had was in multiplayer, still using Abigay, but without any boats.

1. Yes, a lot.

2. Catapults.

3. Other. "Manageable" because of catapults.

Without catapults this boss is just too overwhelming and even frustrating, plus is a massive resource sink, unless there are at least 3 players, in which case it's bearable. Catapults are also a resource sink, but it's a one-time investment.

1 minute ago, SonicDen220 said:

1. Yes, a lot.

2. Catapults.

3. Other. "Manageable" because of catapults.

Without catapults this boss is just too overwhelming and even frustrating, plus is a massive resource sink, unless there are at least 3 players, in which case it's bearable. Catapults are also a resource sink, but it's a one-time investment.

What do you suggest to fix this?

28 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

What do you suggest to fix this?

I don't like pretty much anything about bee queen fight. There's the minion spam, plus she flies away after attacking you, while also leaving the honey trail that makes it near impossible to avoid taking damage from her and also makes it really hard to get to her.

second question should have multiple choice since i mostly fight her by luring her away but depending of character or situation i might use other methods

ther than that, i like her. Not my favourite fight but neither i consider it a bad or boring and i love how much room for using different methods we have to defeat her

Ugh, I always hated her because the worst stuff would always happen when me and my friend would fight her, hmph. We'd also need to prep a ton of really expensive stuff such as healing, abigail potions, marble armors.. She was totally worth it for the bundle wrap recipe though!

Only five times have i ever seen Bee Queen die ingame

Twice to a tentacle trap i made

Once ine a very messy fight with Gabriel

Once in Misuto's server by beating it to death with everyone else

And anotehr in Misuto's server but he used a gobbler fire setup to cook the queen

As others have expressed its a really big resource sink whichever method you use and I avoid it for that purpose, despite the jellybeans involved 

1. Yes

2. Merms, Bunnymen, Spiders, Abigail, Catapults, Gunpowder, Twins of Terror, Tentacles.

What is moleworm method?

3. Nice Loot vs expensive fight, so... Ok. Bland fight. There are worst bosses, like Crabking and Toadstool.

4. My suggestion (valid for most of the bosses of the game): reduce HP for solo fighters. I know this game is don't starve "together", but come on... I think when the boss spawns, the game should read how many players are in the world, then determine the HP (just a dream).

Don't touch one of the most fun fights in the game please. Unlike AG where I literally never saw anyone fight him without cheese she actually has fun and engaging mechanics. She's already easier than ever since this beta branch made cobblestone really easy to make so you can kite her with nothing but a cane.

If you don't like the fight there's plenty of ways for you to skip the parts you don't like. Even if you hate the grumbles manipulating them is only slow for the first 2 phases (and optional for the first) so you can pan flute through those, or use nap sacks, or use plenty of other goodies and gadgets to help with the fight.

Or fight her with a friend since the fight is made to be faced as a group.

I haven't fought her yet and kinda don't plan to (at least, not on my solo servers).  But I put "No, but I plan to!" because I kinda CAN'T say "No, and I'm never going near that hive" considering...

dstcivday233beehivestate.png.68019246345f976ba86e67212c8bad20.png

...I've literally lived next to her.  XD  (In fact, I even made a sign saying that my camp was "The Beehive State", like Utah's state motto?  Heh.)
(what, after you clear out the hornets, she's a perfectly decent neighbor!  My kinda boss--doesn't attack you unless you attack them first.)
...and is it just me or do all the "No, she took everything from me!" answers kinda sound like:

Spoiler

"HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME?  I'VE MADE MY MISTAKES..."

: P

...Notorious

Archived