Forum's Opinion on addressing Bee Queen's tyrannical rule. (2.0).

This poll will ask you of your general opinion on the Bee Queen boss fight.  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Have you fought Bee Queen yet?

• Yes. A lot. (Or at least once)
    • Yes. But I died :(
    • No. But I plan to!
    • No. And I don't plan on even going next to that hive.
    • Bee Queen, took everything from me. My friends. My family. My soul. I have fought Bee Queen, but at what cost? Everything I cared about.
  2. 2. How did you (tried to) kill Bee Queen? Or how do you usually kill them?

• With friendship!
    • Luring Bee Queen or her grumbles away from each other and then getting some hits on bee queen. Rinse and repeat.
    • Abagail.
    • Using my minions.
    • Pan flute spam.
    • The moleworm method.
    • Other. (Reply).
    • I wanted glory. I wanted revenge. But how could you face such a beast while keeping everything you have? You can't. I learned that the hard way.
    • Catapults of Doooooom
    • On tentacles.
    • Didn't kill her yet.
  3. 3. Did you like the boss fight? Reply with the reason behind your choice.

• Yeah 10/10 literal perfection.
    • It was good.
    • It was tedious.
    • It was boring.
    • Very bland.
    • Other. (Reply).
    • I hope I never have to experience what I had ever again. What did I do to deserve what happened to me? What sin could have warranted such wrath?
    • Never experienced it yet.

On 3/16/2022 at 3:26 PM, DaZoul said:

It is severely illegal in most countries. You can't even imagine what they would do to me, were I to tell you.

my family was taken away 2 days ago from them speaking out about it. I fear for my own safety now.

Spoiler

I am being taken away before i go. The mole method is a method of cheese consisting of 2 asleep moles trapped in a stone wall contraption to make beequeen stuck to get images of it go on incognito mode and search it up so the government can't track you. Some useful tips are to start at day (because the moles must be asleep for their hitboxes to be big enough to trap her) if the fight lasts til dawn use a panflute every 20 or so seconds to keep them asleep so she can't escape

...she's in a weird position.
Multiplayer, she's fine, of course. Stand still, beet her to death, ignore mechanics.
Solo, with certain characters, she's fine. AoE everything to death.

Solo, with characters that don't have constantly-hitting AoE mechanics, she's...long. Drawn out. Boring. My idea of a nightmare.

Enter stage left, the Fight Skip Button.
Our lord and savior. 
Gunpowder.

I cast Death.

Despite my profile picture, it wasn't funny bunnymen. My friend and I used Wormwood's bramble husks and beekeeper hats (I was Wormwood and they are refreshed Wolfgang but not with the QoL changes). With the power of roughly 20 cooked potatoes for the big man and a few compost wraps for myself, the Queen was felled in less than half a day :D

On 3/16/2022 at 4:54 PM, SecretPizzaMan said:

Maybe we can suggest some ways to fix bee Queen (my favorite boss). 

I actually like the Bee Queen fight too, although she is not my favorite boss. One suggestion that comes to my mind is her spawning Grumble Bees based on the number of players/mobs she has aggroed to. This needs a cap for the minimum and maximum amount of bees of course, otherwise the fight becomes boring for solo play and tedious for bunnymen/merm enthusiasts.

On 3/19/2022 at 10:20 PM, mr. brj said:

I actually like the Bee Queen fight too, although she is not my favorite boss. One suggestion that comes to my mind is her spawning Grumble Bees based on the number of players/mobs she has aggroed to. This needs a cap for the minimum and maximum amount of bees of course, otherwise the fight becomes boring for solo play and tedious for bunnymen/merm enthusiasts.

This is an amazing suggestion! Maybe make this its own post?

16 hours ago, mr. brj said:

Thanks! Just posted it in the suggestions thead with some additional suggestions on her buggy aggro mechanics: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/138432-tweaking-the-bee-queen-fight/

Ye I like the ideas! More balancing for solo play should be a thing imo. Not major changes but just little things like this.

Even when you solo, bq is a fun fight; I like to balance kiting/tanking, playing/not playing the flute to take her down.

Now, as you repeat this fight over and over again, it gets boring. Just like every other raid boss, right ?

Life…

Also, this fight used to be slightly more entertaining in a multiplayer setting as players would at least have to chase the bee queen, occasionally pick off grumble bees and run away like crazies when chased by frenzied grumbles. (I’m not talking 8 players but 2-4)

But nowadays there’s no stamina involved at all. Just have a wendy in your team and hold f on a boat.

Regarding other specific methods and their level of fun, imo :

Bunnymen > On Tentacles > Catapults (don’t ask me why, I just HATE catapults)

Archived