[Game Update] - 498520

• Developer

Changes

• Actions while the crafting menu is open:
    • Attacking with the F and Ctrl+F is now supported while the crafting menu is open
    • The mouse wheel will no longer zoom the camera while the crafting menu has focus
    • I believe this task is now complete for the Mouse & Keyboard. Controller support is still being worked on.
  • Added some items into crafting filters
    • Gardeneer Hat added to Summer Items
    • Desert Goggles and Cookie Cutter Cap added to Rain Gear
  • Removed from crafting filters
    • Rain Hat, Top Hat, and Fashion Goggles removed from Summer Items
  • Added two new world settings, for controlling if Ice or Fire Hounds can show up in hound waves.
  • Desert Goggles now provide a small amount of protection from overheating
  • Increased the chance of getting the Desert Goggles Blueprint in the oasis lake
  • Removed Fashion Goggles Blueprint from the oasis lake’s Crumpled Packages and now requires an Alchemy Engine Science Machine to prototype.
  • Removed Potted Succulent Blueprint from the oasis lake’s Crumpled Packages

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a hop on or off a boat issue when using the text search in the crafting menu.
  • Fixed a bug where double clicking (or when using a controller) an item in the crafting menu’s grid would reset the current skin.
  • Fixed a bug causing the crafting menu list to not properly update when your recipes change.
  • Fixed a bug when deploying some structures that would cause a framerate drop, especial when using the Geometric Placement mod
  • Fixed a bug where the new favorites sorting didn’t work quite right in the favorites filter.
  • Fixed a bug with attacking while clicking and holding with the mouse to sometimes retarget a closer enemy.
  • Fixed a bug causing Bearger to sometimes not spawn.
  • Fixed all Vargs (Vargs, Varglets, Clay Vargs, and Gingerbread Vargs) attack range.
  • Fixed all Vargs being able to howl after they have died and summon hounds.
  • Fixed mod recipes from not showing up in the crafting menu

Notes For Modders

• Calls to AddRecipe2 will now automatically choose between the crafting station filter or mods filter.
  • AddRecipe2 now allows you to pass in a table of filter names for the recipe to be added to
  • AddRecipeToFilter() 
  • Deconstruction recipes will no longer be added to the mods filter
  • Resolved an issue causing mods that allow you on the void to prevent you from attacking.

View full update

• Like 49
  • Thanks 7
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 1

15 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Added two new world settings, for controlling if Ice or Fire Hounds can show up in hound waves.
  • Increased the chance of getting the Desert Goggles Blueprint in the oasis lake
  • Removed Fashion Goggles Blueprint from the oasis lake’s Crumpled Packages and now requires an Alchemy Engine to prototype.

It’s beautiful…

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Big Ups 3
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • GL Happy 1

27 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Changes

• Removed Fashion Goggles Blueprint from the oasis lake’s Crumpled Packages and now requires an Alchemy Engine to prototype.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug with attacking while clicking and holding with the mouse to sometimes retarget a closer enemy.
  • Fixed all Vargs (Vargs, Varglets, Clay Vargs, and Gingerbread Vargs) attack range.
  • Fixed all Vargs being able to howl after they have died and summon hounds.

Actually insane. You are wonderful Devs! 

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Like 17
  • Ninja 1

24 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Gardeneer Hat added to Summer Items

Wait why gardeneer hat got added to summer items? I know it gives summer insulation but i don't think someone will make the hat just for surviving summer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bombobbit said:

Wait why gardeneer hat got added to summer items? I know it gives summer insulation but i don't think someone will make the hat just for surviving summer.

They're adding items to those filters regardless of how little insulation/protection it gives. Like how Top Hat is in Rain Gear but no one would ever make one specifically to stop rain.

• Like 2
  • Ninja 1
  • Potato Cup 1

25 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Fishing in the oasis during summer is now fast and maybe even fun ? That is one hell of a change that nobody was expecting, but that we are all embracing with open arms.

Fantastic job as always devs !

• Like 15

48 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Great stuff!!

• Like 2

Since you've spared some attention for farming (seed pack-it) is there any chance you'd sneak in something like honey crystals speeding up hoes? It's still gonna be slower than wormwood and it would be nice for warly since he needs veggies for his dishes and other spices. Having means to do your job better/faster is nice.  

After bearger spawns in my world I rarely use that spice since bearger is just better worker than anyone. But bearger cannot shovel, hoe, harvest grass/sapplings, row, pick up from the ground etc. so there could still be room for honey spice in helping with work.  

About spices. Is anyone seriously using seasoning salt? The small health buff is not worth sailing, minining/ramming formations and manoeuvring clunky painfully between them while fighting off cookie cutters. The seasoning salt could stay but it would be cool if instead of 3 salt crystals giving 2 seasoning salts one crystal gave 2-3 seasoning salts and it could became an not spoiling ingredient in cooking for new recipes or a filler like ice that doesn't have to stay in icebox. Salt and Potatoes= fries or something.

Edited by Wonz
  • Like 5
  • Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Added two new world settings, for controlling if Ice or Fire Hounds can show up in hound waves.

You guys have been incredible this beta. Seems like most of the good ideas I see get posted are in the patch notes not too long after.

• Like 9

•  

Looking at the Lua, it looks like this was added to the Science Machine rather than the Alchemy Engine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sanity 1
  • Potato Cup 1

14 minutes ago, Wonz said:

After bearger spawns in my world I rarely use that spice since bearger is just better worker than anyone. But bearger cannot shovel, hoe, harvest grass/sapplings, row, pick up from the ground etc. so there could still be room for honey spice in helping with work. 

makes me think about what if bearger stomps could till ground in an area, like shes displacing the dirt... think it would be a bit unwieldy to take advantage of, but it would be neat to see a sort of alternate way of farming where you make a BIG plot and have an angry bearger till it all.

9 minutes ago, meow meow meow said:

makes me think about what if bearger stomps could till ground in an area, like shes displacing the dirt... think it would be a bit unwieldy to take advantage of, but it would be neat to see a sort of alternate way of farming where you make a BIG plot and have an angry bearger till it all.

I don't think anyone would like neither fixed or random tils. There are two most popular shapes of tils like 3x3 and "hexagon" where there are 10 tills. If you have snapping tills mod you'll know what I mean. And having bearger do this would mean you can't have any structures close to the field and that you'd have to remove friendly fruit fly from there. I like having chests for farming tools and iceboxes for the seeds same as something like campfire or mushlight and scarecrow.

51 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

They're adding items to those filters regardless of how little insulation/protection it gives. Like how Top Hat is in Rain Gear but no one would ever make one specifically to stop rain.

This is a lie. I don't see the Torch under rain items, even though it protects against rain. I'm frankly devastated and cannot see myself playing the game anymore.

(To be fair, the category also lacks the Football Helmet, Beefalo Hat, Battle Helm, Pinetree Pioneer Hat, Funcaps, Desert Goggles, Astrogoggles, Summer Frest, and Breezy Vest, but I just think it's funny that torches actually protect against rain.)

On a related note, The astro-goggles aren't considered a Summer item, despite them protecting against the sandstorm like the desert goggles. Or is the classification reserved to items that provide overheating resistance?
Also, thank you for the updates! Glad to finally see the ability to stop those pesky fire hounds from showing up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Potato Cup 1

There are a couple more things I think needs to be changed:

_Prevent the Pinchin Winch from being operable by space holding. At the least make it have lower priority over picking up stuffs/mining/chopping, it's annoying to have to manually click stuffs just because of it.

_Allow seasonal fishes to spawn more often. Even with tons settings enabled they are still super rare.

Also, great hotfix. I may actually reconsider to re-enable the hound waves now ^^.

Edited by Spino43
  • Like 9

like Ctrl + # to use the pins? It's on the list of things we want to add. If there is something else, then please let us know.

Would using this method with stuff like structures allow you to place them with the keybind + enter on the mouse location? In the old menu I used to do caps lock + enter to place structures fairly neat with the help of a pitchfork, but the new menu doesn’t seem to allow you to do so.

Can I take a second to just commend the titanium balls Klei's had the past few months

They did their most controversial rework in December, and are now retuning Wolfgang again while also reworking the crafting UI, something that has been the same for a really long time in THE SAME UPDATE... alongside other fairly major changes!

It's insane! I love it

• Health 1
  • Big Ups 3