[Game Update] - 498520

6 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Added two new world settings, for controlling if Ice or Fire Hounds can show up in hound waves.

Is this simple on/off for the fire/ice hounds or is it tweakable like less , more , lots ?

I hope its tweakable so situations like these could happen more often :

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

(There wasn't a single regular hound in that hound wave)

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

18 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Actions while the crafting menu is open:

• Attacking with the F and Ctrl+F is now supported while the crafting menu is open
  • The mouse wheel will no longer zoom the camera while the crafting menu has focus
  • I believe this task is now complete for Mouse & Keyboard. Controller support is still being worked on.

@ScottHansen First of all: Amazing update, thank you! And also thanks for reading our feedback :)

So does this mean there is no mouse support coming while the crafting menu is open? I think this would be really useful, especially after we can now craft from open containers. But right now it isn't possible to open a chest while the menu is open. Also grabbing or dropping stuff with the mouse would be appreciated I think. 

• Like 2

• Developer
5 minutes ago, lionking102 said:

So does this mean there is no mouse support coming while the crafting menu is open?

There is still lots of work to do on the crafting menu. What I meant was just the keyboard actions. I'll fix the patch notes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lionking102 said:

@ScottHansen First of all: Amazing update, thank you! And also thanks for reading our feedback :)

So does this mean there is no mouse support coming while the crafting menu is open? I think this would be really useful, especially after we can now craft from open containers. But right now it isn't possible to open a chest while the menu is open. Also grabbing or dropping stuff with the mouse would be appreciated I think. 

I wonder how fast you can actually open chests. Perhaps you could un-pause, open the chest, and re-pause the game in quick succession via a mod to fake it working that way in crafting.

31 minutes ago, Logsphinx said:

glowing_gembell.png.ee630eda9cd17068209cea6b404e9b3b.png

It seems like the gembell glows during the nightmare phase. Was it added with this beta or did I miss it until now ? ^^

This is just an effect of the shader.

The way the ruins colourcube was implemented makes it highlight red hues, and since purple is half red, the Gembell gets this sorta highlighted hue. Try it with anything that has any value of red in its color.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Increased the chance of getting the Desert Goggles Blueprint in the oasis lake
  • Removed Fashion Goggles Blueprint from the oasis lake’s Crumpled Packages and now requires an Alchemy Engine Science Machine to prototype.

428252302_wow(2).gif.2af7cea110d1a157e42ac50f245bc363.gif

• Like 4

On 3/12/2022 at 5:40 AM, SpikyShield said:

There should be a way to arrange items that we put in favorites tab.

Yes, please! Reorder the quick craft bar too! Sometimes I have to take some items out and put them back in, just to straighten the order, due to the game's progression. Another significant change would be the initial items (default) of the bar, at the beginning of the game, already come without our default skins of them, i hope in the future they came with the skins there. Still about the quick craft bar: it seems to be correct, but it's still weird having to save the rope there when we want to save the bundling wrap as well. :wilson_lightbulb:

I have no words for the quality of this QoL, it's exuberant!

Edited by Castiliano
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2022 at 10:12 PM, 0bit said:

Can I take a second to just commend the titanium balls Klei's had the past few months

They did their most controversial rework in December, and are now retuning Wolfgang again while also reworking the crafting UI, something that has been the same for a really long time in THE SAME UPDATE... alongside other fairly major changes!

It's insane! I love it

The only  issue I have with wolfgang now is that his animation can really f*ck him up in the middle of a fight. I wish they either:

- Make something that allows you to  cancel his mighty form animation _while fighting_ or  

- Make him invunerable  while in mighty form animation

You can easily die or get severe damage when you are changing his form due to that animation. And the fact that you gain might while damaging the enemy makes it really hard to deal  with his animation

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, twitchgabo said:

You can easily die or get severe damage when you are changing his form due to that animation

that is part of the fun... it was bad for the "lose meter when hit" wolf version because it could cause a loop of being normal and mighty while being all the time hit but now is easy to prevent it, removing that means that you can careless hit or flee without needing to pay attention to the bar. For the DS version was also fun because you needed to time when to eat to prevent the transition

IMO makes him more fun

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo