Varglet visuals

As of just now, the new Varglets have made it into the game! Currently when lots of hounds come for you they can condense into the Varglet!
However, this is just a slightly scaled down Varg... I get it was just added so it may be placeholder but if its not I would love to suggest some new art for them!
Maybe some new eyes or some slight fur colorations to make them stand out a bit more, something to maybe resemble the original Houl Hound concept the Vargs were originally based off of would be nice!
image.thumb.png.212ed77123d01aaa0331548ade785c22.pngHound_and_Howl_Hound_concept_art.thumb.png.2243e61edd803f4c9b8016d9841981a5.png

Since we already have the vargling puppy as a pet, it seems reasonable to assume that a varglet would be a sort of in-between between vargling and full grown varg, no? Although anything to help it be distinct from *both* the regular hounds and proper vargs would be very welcome, between either I think the biggest thing would be to make it clearly not a hound- since if it only shows in waves, and vargs stay isolated from the hounds, then thats the one its going to be on screen with most.

Personally, I think an mix of the bulkier beta hound and varg would work nicely, as long as the shape is distinct. This definitely feels like a placeholder, and the proper assets are probably being worked on right now. Looking forward to a new cool dog

(Just me having fun with that visual)

Spoiler

BBBBB.thumb.PNG.8c99d645b0f0c18a3b622de69a5a79b0.PNG
Honestly as long as its more visually distinct than a regular hound and Varg you're good, but it would be a fun way to bring back the howl hound concepts

2 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Aww, I was misled by the forums that a Varglet would look like this. Now I love the design so much and Warglet.thumb.png.6b57fc4174279e403d93e19e50359035.pngI wish it was the official design of Varglets.

But... that's a mutated koalephant.

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Aww, I was misled by the forums that a Varglet would look like this. Now I love the design so much and Warglet.thumb.png.6b57fc4174279e403d93e19e50359035.pngI wish it was the official design of Varglets.

that should be a hunt suprise during moonstorms

what kind of dirty things did a koalaphant and a varg...

This is precisely why I for one dislike Varg - or this new "Varglet" - waves: they're just.. Vargs plastered into a Hound Wave, scaled down as sprites go and with nothing new, attack or loot-wise. Is what I would expect from some uninspired DST Workshop Mod. If KLei's adamant on such a change past X in-game seasons to cater to the Progression concept, then why not add that old Howler Hound from OP for example, with new attack patterns and some "juicy" loot making its take-down a desirable outcome as opposed to how many players "deal" with late-game 8-10 Hound waves - entering Caves or purely de-logging?!

5 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I would love to have that adorably ugly design used within the game.. Please Klei? <3

17 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

who's to say Vargs and Koelephants are romantically incompatible? Sounds like a perfect story of where Varglets come from

They were called cousins of vargs, after all. Mutant varg koala hybrid makes a lot more sense for that than just small varg.

Coming back to this, I do think they're gonna get new visuals. They'd quite literally be a second mob with 1:1 art which is very odd and confusing.

Something I did want to mention was also giving them new seasonal visuals to help liven them up like Elemental hounds! 

2 hours ago, -Variant said:

Something I did want to mention was also giving them new seasonal visuals to help liven them up like Elemental hounds! 

Perhaps this could be expanded with elemental versions that primarily summon hounds according to their element? Just as a random idea.

17 hours ago, Nettalie said:

Perhaps this could be expanded with elemental versions that primarily summon hounds according to their element? Just as a random idea.

Sounds like someone plays borderlands ;) not sure I’m on board with a bunch of Wacky Elemental enemy types though.. because UNLIKE Borderlands, Fire, Lightning, Freezing or whatever other effects in DST can impact other things.

Imagine for a second a badass mutha shock Skag, oops I mean Varg** the difference would be that you’d bring lightning rods to this fight and could potentially trigger other players epileptic seizures with all the lightning spam (something Wicker used to be able to do by Spamming end is Nigh..)

There really is several things in DST that worked fine in single player: But when you put that content into a multiplayer environment starts to become problematic.

I used to spam end is nigh as Wicker just because it looked cool and made me feel powerful- meanwhile I had no idea that I was causing the Pokémon Porygon effect on people.. and now I feel bad for just enjoying cool lightning effects as the cool Merlin like Witch lady.

Electric Vargs therefore.. probably would not be too good of an idea unless they don’t cause screen flash or whatever it is that triggers the seizures in people.

And most games that do have these kind of flashes usually have a warning message on the load up of the game like “warning certain flashes of light can cause.., Seek medical attention if you experience symptoms of.., Stop playing & consult a doctor if problems continue to persist etc..

With Borderlands, the most they did was spit little orbs of balled Lightning at you or something.. but in DST it would be Wicker end is nigh levels spam.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:
Spoiler

epileptic seizures with all the lightning spam (something Wicker used to be able to do by Spamming end is Nigh..)

There really is several things in DST that worked fine in single player: But when you put that content into a multiplayer environment starts to become problematic.

I used to spam end is nigh as Wicker just because it looked cool and made me feel powerful- meanwhile I had no idea that I was causing the Pokémon Porygon effect on people.. and now I feel bad for just enjoying cool lightning effects as the cool Merlin like Witch lady.

Electric Vargs therefore.. probably would not be too good of an idea unless they don’t cause screen flash or whatever it is that triggers the seizures in people.

And most games that do have these kind of flashes usually have a warning message on the load up of the game like “warning certain flashes of light can cause.., Seek medical attention if you experience symptoms of.., Stop playing & consult a doctor if problems continue to persist etc..

With Borderlands, the most they did was spit little orbs of balled Lightning at you or something.. but in DST it would be Wicker end is nigh levels spam.

Check out settings.

Archived